It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tears Up Awarding 6 Slain Newtown teachers with Presidential Citizens Medal

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Kinda like what people here are doing in reverse? If he had done nothing about this then the same people that are bashing him for this would then call him a "heartless bastard" and we all know it.

You’re probably right, at least as far as my reaction!

I don’t have a problem with these teachers being recognized, especially if they went above and beyond to protect the children. Kudos to them!!

I have a problem with Obama capitalizing on a tragedy to push his stupid agenda. Every day across this country, a brave American dies saving someone. They are not recognized or awarded anything by Obama because Obama has nothing to gain in those instances. That was my point and my point is valid.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Sure but as you see from my replies to both sides of the aisle it shouldn't be about that and anyone who can only see things through the glasses of either the left or the right is essentially a lobotomy patient who I have no use for.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I don’t have a problem with these teachers being recognized, especially if they went above and beyond to protect the children. Kudos to them!!

The issue is that the documented heroes of that awful massacre were not awarded for their efforts but those who were killed in the massacre along with their students were recognized for the action of being murdered.

If those who made herculean efforts and saved lives that day in Sandy Hook were bestowed the award I'd be the first person to congratulate them and thank them.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
oops
edit on 122828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

edit on 122828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: done

edit on 122828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: better now

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

For the third time I plead with everyone to TRY to take your love or hate for either party out of this thread and use logic and evidence. This thread isn't about past ATS squabbles or left/right silliness; enough already with that uselessness.

If you hate the President, before you respond pretend like a President you love did this; how would you feel.
If you love the President, think about how would you feel about this if a President you didn't enjoy did this.

I am very NON-political and nothing disgusts me more than hate drivel from either the left or the right.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

The issue is that the documented heroes of that awful massacre were not awarded for their efforts but those who were killed in the massacre along with their students were recognized for the action of being murdered.

If those who made herculean efforts and saved lives that day in Sandy Hook were bestowed the award I'd be the first person to congratulate them and thank them.

Then like I said, he's an opportunistic egomaniac and he's going to milk this tragedy for all its worth.

And just because I despise Obama’s politics doesn’t mean my point isn’t valid. The real political trolling is by those who try and dismiss the point I was making simply because I often make ‘unflattering remarks’ about the man! I’m a partisan…so what? That doesn’t mean I’m wrong about Obama’s ulterior motive in this situation. Maybe some people are wearing Obama-blinders and can't find fault in anything he does!

I won't name-names but it's not you, OP.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NickDC202

I do have a question. Did the victims of 911 all get awards? Or the rescue/first responders/firemen get awards when they died on the day or after due to all the toxins they were exposed to and some are still dying just not gone yet?
If not, then he is milking it and they should also be awarded, that is only fair.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

The Wikipedia link in the original post list all recipients.

For reference click here for the list of past recipients.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Then like I said, he's an opportunistic egomaniac and he's going to milk this tragedy for all its worth.

So to be clear, if President Reagan did the same thing your comments I quoted above would still be valid; right?
I only ask this as an exercise to view things from a non-political point of view; not to start a slippery slope political discussion (there are countless other threads for that)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202

So to be clear, if President Reagan did the same thing your comments I quoted above would still be valid; right?
I only ask this as an exercise to view things from a non-political point of view; not to start a slippery slope political discussion (there are countless other threads for that)

If Reagan was using the death of these innocent Americans to further his anti-gun agenda then YES I would be outraged and screaming from the roof tops.

I don't care who did it....it's wrong....both the attack on the 2nd and the opportunistic, distasteful, disgusting, classless act of promoting this agenda on the backs of the dead and grieving.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Of course its political, that's part of the Presidents job, to help the nation heal after a tragedy.

Do you honestly think the POTUS is giving out these medals for the purpose of healing the nation?

I rather think he is giving them out to keep his crisis relevant until he gets his gun control bill. I personally don't think he gives one hoot about "healing the country" he has done nothing since he arrived on the big stage other than divide it.

This is more of the same...

Can't let the people forget about it until the end game is achieved.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I appreciate your honesty and thank you for looking at this in a non-political way.

I wonder if those mentioned in the article in the OP who met the criteria for this award were annoyed that their heroics didn't merit the award while victims did for some reason did... Like I said if documented heroes of that tragedy were bestowed the award, I never would have questioned it but applauded it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
You know, there comes a point when the indignant reaction to everything Obama does kinda comes off as awkward and forced. Its like you are pretending to hate Obama to keep up appearances, i guess.

I don't know. Its just, like, learn to pick your battles. You might think you have this great argument about how much Obama failed, but in the end you all are just hi-fiving each other having convinced no one of anything.

I'll bet many, as soon as they saw this thread, already were ready to hate Obama over it. Some of you may have thought up a couple nitpicks, others looked in the posts for reasons to hate it.

Silently nodding to yourselves, in your mind this has only confirmed Obama is a dirty bastard.

Thread: 2 stars out of 5

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Kinda like what people here are doing in reverse? If he had done nothing about this then the same people that are bashing him for this would then call him a "heartless bastard" and we all know it.

Why does it have to be all, or nothing? Yes, I'm sure that people would be upset "if he had done nothing."

We, as humans, are naturally uncomfortable with extremes in any one direction. The Presidential position is supposed to be the middle of the pendulum in order to best represent all of us and to take all sides into consideration.

While that 'pendulum' may swing wider at various times in history, depending on the President, this administration has swung the pendulum so far that it is off kilter and possibly broken.

The point is, that the argument should not be about the President acting on a tragedy or not acting; as he should always act on tragedies (especially those on the national level).

So, yes the President should have done something ("something" being subjective and rightfully so) and yes the President would have been chastised had he done "nothing".

But, when the 'something(s)' are always so extreme to actually alienate half the population; then we have a problem with that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

That works both ways, my comment was similar to yours,I was not bashing Obama, I wondered where was the outrage when everyone found fault with everything Bush or Palin, but unlike you I was lambasted,

Honestly my anger isn't all about Obama but the double standard on this forum, and in the news.

edit on 022828p://bFriday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Honestly my anger isn't all about Obama but the double standard on this forum, and in the news.

And, half (or more) of the U.S. population.

I'm becoming more and more intolerant of the supporters of these types of leaders, than I am of the leaders themselves. It must be my old-age.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Commander in Chief of all US forces 30 or so shot at Ft. Hood by man (under investigation for terrorist ties) shouting in Arabic "God is Great!". We barely hear from the man and he decides its "workplace violence" because admitting terrorists have infiltrated the military and attacked again on US soil would hurt his bid for reelection.

He is all but MIA the night his personal representative to the nation of Libya is killed because he has a fund raiser to get to in Vegas. Why? See the above. He delegates it so he can be plausibly distant from the "blame the video" cover trotted out by his politicos.

Now Sandy Hook well he's all over this one.

Why? He needs sees a golden opportunity to harness the public outrage at the death of some children - roll out the gun control, quick while the hurt is still fresh.

Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

And, half (or more) of the U.S. population.

I'm becoming more and more intolerant of the supporters of these types of leaders, than I am of the leaders themselves. It must be my old-age.

I hear ya SG.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

As the original poster, I've made it clear that this is not a thread to get political but actually have a logical discussion; but I guess reading comprehension isn't your thing because clearly you've written a belittling post making it political because clearly that's the only way you're programmed to think.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join