It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Processed Foods, Dreams, Medications and mental Illness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I started making comments about processed foods and nightmares in a thread on a thread "Forbes Article "Conveniently" DELETED Yesterday Claims SSRIU Drugs Caused Sandy Hook And Others"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And then it happened again.

as a reminder we do not watch Television, vampire or zombie movies. We very seldom see movies and most of them are family orientated.

Even though we try to make food at home from scratch there are times when we eat out or at a special event and we experience strange dream events

We went to a special "Valentines Lunch" and while most of the food was homemade two dishes were not. the Potato Salad and the Mixed Vegetables.

My wife and I were the only ones in our family to eat this meal. and last night at around 330am I was awaken by a very frightening dream

An unknown person was cutting off the heads of two victims who had a debt to this strange person. Then he placed their still alive zombiefied heads on scarecrow type bodies and set them up along side the street for all to see. while he injected formaldehyde into their real bodies so they could never return to them.

I awoke when he was teasing the victims about their bodies being stiff and hard from the formaldehyde and one of the victims was able to somehow get their scarecrow body to move and come after me while the person who had done this horrible thing laughed.

I awoke frightened and my heartbeat racing. I lay there for no more than a minute when my wife started groaning in her sleep. I woke her to be sure she was alright. She had been having a dream that crazy people were chasing us with machete's through the streets of the city. She said no matter where we went we could not get away from them.

Having noted these dream every time I have eaten processed foods I am convinced that the processing of foods using artificial ingredients allowed by our government are in fact causing people to have these types of dreams and these dreams will affect a persons psyche.

Now compound this with watching horror flicks and the average vampire series (twilight) or hunger games, or any number of other bang bang shoot em up movies or TV programs. add painkillers, or mood altering drugs as well as the combinations of these processed foods and you could create the types of beasts we have seen as of late. i.e. the Aurora theater Shooter, the newtown school shooter, the Doner cop killer and other types of murdering freaks.

Imagine if you keep people fed with violence day and night via Entertainment Media, drugs that suppress those violent emotions (the emotions have to be released sooner of later), and processed food triggered dreams during the night you will program some pretty violent people and or a society of such.

Has anyone else experienced these types of dreams after eating processed foods?

Have you any opinion on the effects of processed foods and modern medications that may trigger these events?

Please share.

edit on 15-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't know about that, then the whole country would be at it not just a few out of 300 million.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What else did you eat before bed?

Sugar, caffeine and chocolate (contains both caffeine/sugar) all are well known to give nightmares. Nothing like a box of chocolates or a big price of cake before bed to give you an easy to remember dream. Stress can also be a cause (stresses is quite damaging to us)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
This thread does interest me a lot. Not only am I on medication for depression, I have a few allergies which keep me to a preservative free diet (most of the time, sometimes we have to eat what we can).

I actually do experience mood issues with some processed foods, things with artificial sweeteners (such as in Coke Zero or Pepsi Max--which I have to avoid) have a tendency to make me prone to violent outbursts. Foods with a high fat content heighten my depression--but I think that is less bio-chemical and more to do with self image.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
I don't know about that, then the whole country would be at it not just a few out of 300 million.

Well a majority is not the goal it is to affect the few within the majority. and it will.

But everything from the entrainment industry, with the combination of processed foods and pysch-meds as well as alcoholic beverages (I don't drink or smoke either) it is no wonder violence is at a all time high especially among the young and the emotional as well as murder/suicides are up 300% in two years.

so it may not cause a mass murderer syndrome among the masses but it must be helping it along.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyprex
What else did you eat before bed?

Sugar, caffeine and chocolate (contains both caffeine/sugar) all are well known to give nightmares. Nothing like a box of chocolates or a big price of cake before bed to give you an easy to remember dream. Stress can also be a cause (stresses is quite damaging to us)

on a side note we didn't have to much chocolate yesterday. But we have had chocolates regularly over the last week and no nightmares. it was the Industrial Potato salad. You know the kind they make in a processing plant and ship it to different stores who then repackage it in smaller amounts or sell in the deli.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

So put stuff in all the food, all the water, all the movies all the music just to MAYBE affect a few people, nah seems silly and paranoid. Some people just crack, it always happens. Violence is actually at its lowest since the 70's.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So put stuff in all the food, all the water, all the movies all the music just to MAYBE affect a few people, nah seems silly and paranoid. Some people just crack, it always happens. Violence is actually at its lowest since the 70's.

It is not about getting to crack at all. It is about how the combinations of Media, Medicine and food can do to affect people's minds and hearts.

One may affect a few but start combining these all on a daily basis for years then eventually you will have more and more events and then WWIII? Or at least a generation prepared for fighting and killing without remorse or malice of forethought, almost as if it was natural animal instinctives.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It is not about getting to crack at all. It is about how the combinations of Media, Medicine and food can do to affect people's minds and hearts.

One may affect a few but start combining these all on a daily basis for years then eventually you will have more and more events and then WWIII? Or at least a generation prepared for fighting and killing without remorse or malice of forethought, almost as if it was natural animal instinctives.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
we are not saying that the purpose of processed foods, Media and Medications are there for the purpose of making murderers. but the more these have an influence on society the more those exposed to these will be numb to murder, horror and grotesqueness of Death. a nation or world of unfeeling citizens controlled by the media, medication and the food they eat.

my question still remains why does processed foods trigger frightening nightmares?

another poster said chocolate does too but I have not experienced it and that would have to do to where and how the chocolate is made.

Here is a partial list of processed foods and meats I have noticed that triggered these events in my own life.

Spaghetti Sauce
Potato salad
Hot sauce
Store bought Tamales
Cheese dip
mustard
Ragu Pizza sauce
Taco Sauce mix
Mexican styled hamburger helper
Sirloin Steak
Tomato soup
Buritto's
chili mac

edit on 15-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I smoke, drink, eat processed foods, take pills watch violent movies and play violent videogames, listen to violent music. Im A ok, and last I checked killing is a natural instinct.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I smoke, drink, eat processed foods, take pills watch violent movies and play violent videogames, listen to violent music. Im A ok, and last I checked killing is a natural instinct.

for a wild animal killing is an instinct.

do you liken humans to wild animals?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Quick call Africa and clue them in!
Yes yes I do.
The only reason we dont is law and taught morality.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Quick call Africa and clue them in!
Yes yes I do.
The only reason we dont is law and taught morality.

So if they have no education of law and morality makes them wild animals?

In our country we give them free education and many act like animals because they have been taught that we are nothing but animals.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sounds like problems from MSG. If you google monosodium glutimate, you will find a host of problems related to this "taste-enhancing" chemical. I avoid processesed food like the plague, and as a result, I think I am more sensitive to side effects than ever.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

No Im saying most of Africa has been a hotbed of war crimes and genocide for thousands of years. You said wild animals, all people are animals

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

No Im saying most of Africa has been a hotbed of war crimes and genocide for thousands of years. You said wild animals, all people are animals

Not I I am not an animal I am a man. A creature much different than animals

Your believe men are nothing more than animals but we have many differences especially when it comes to conscience and ability to rethink complex thought, and processes. No animal can do that.

You believe this because that is what you have been taught.

While men can act like animals and now we are getting off the track of this thread.

However to being it back to the topic.

It is the Education plus forced medications in our water supply, Processed foods, and The Entertainment media that helps to enforce this animalistic tendencies that are really not natural and are taught through education and example by the media in such things a Hunger Wars and other so called reality TV.

All these factors plus the lack of any conscience of evil, malice and wickedness (these last three being taught to you and believed by you to be just animal instincts in man). these are the factors in society today that are leading to more and more murder, suicide and sensationalism of evil and wickedness as an accepted part of life and that is not so. this allows men to do this because, like you, many think they are just animals so why not act (see that word) like animals. Man is not an animal.

Did you know that 1% of the American population is in prison? and that is another topic all together.

keep at it you are in the right tract for a event.

edit on 17-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by artnut
Sounds like problems from MSG. If you google monosodium glutimate, you will find a host of problems related to this "taste-enhancing" chemical. I avoid processesed food like the plague, and as a result, I think I am more sensitive to side effects than ever.

yes it is a by-product of sugar processing. and it is a chemical that does induce hyper-activity in many people and it could very well be an active participant in mental illness. I do watch for it when buying processed foods. I too do not like MSG. I read it is 0.10% found in white sugar. there is no way to get it completely out. Raw and brown sugars are better for you but once the final processing takes place MSG come out.

I too try to avoid them if possible. Unfortunately our Government has made it impossible for many to get away from it. Organic foods are extremely expensive. and the over regulation of the agriculture makes it difficult. in the last twenty years many farmers have been switching to Micro-biological enhancements for soil and as we have seen these last twenty years an increase of disease and bacterial infections most of are found int he soils where these vegetable products are grown not to mention the seed stock is also manipulated the Genetically manipulated so that vegetables don't reproduce themselves as they were meant too.

GMO seeds and products are yet another addition to the soup of mental illness and cycle of murder and suicide.

edit on 17-2-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I would imagine that if this study below is true then the things we mention here in this thread are still part of the problem in making people violent.

Processed Foods, High Fructose Corn Syrup Making People ‘Stupid’

Following 14,000 children, British researchers uncovered the connection between processed foods and reduced IQ. After recording the children’s’ diets and analyzing questionnaires submitting by the parents, the researchers found that if children were consuming a processed diet at age 3, IQ decline could begin over the next five years. The study found that by age 8, the children had suffered the IQ decline. On the contrary, children who ate a nutrient-rich diet including fruit and vegetables were found to increase their IQ over the 3 year period. The foods considered nutrient-rich by the researchers were most likely conventional fruits and vegetables.

Interestingly, one particular ingredient ubiquitous in processed foods and sugary beverages across the globe -high fructose corn syrup – has been tied to reduced IQ. The UCLA researchers coming to these findings found that HFCS may be damaging the brain functions of consumers worldwide, sabotaging learning and memory. In fact, the official release goes as far to say that high-fructose corn syrup can make you ‘stupid’.

Gene mutations may have something to do with our ongoing decline in intelligence, but let’s stop to think for a moment what we’re doing to ourselves to make this decline even more prominent.

read more of this study here:

naturalsociety.com...

new topics

top topics

join