It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unusual Lights in Phoenix Area - any ATS members out at about 11:45 local time?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I happened to wander outside at around 11:45 for a smoke, and noticed 8 non-typical lights in the sky... possibly in the general direction of Vista Verde... on the North East rim of the valley... give or take.

The lights were reddish, non-pulsing, and slowly rising for a low altitude in three separate clusters. When each light achieved a certain apparent altitude, it faded within about 2 seconds.

All I had was my iPhone, and because of a bright streetlight within the camera's field of view, it didn't pick up the lights I saw.

I know we have other Phoenix area members, and I'm wondering if anyone saw what I saw?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I'm not in your area SO...but between all the hoopla in Russia with the meteorites crashing, and listening to Radio Show Ground Zero...there are a lot of people calling in with objects in sky reports from Utah to Ga....and other places.

Also, unconfirmed reports by members of AFB alerts and jet scrambles....In Utah.

www.kxl.com...

Keep us posted please.... Interesting times indeed....

Des

edit on 15-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

how high up are they are they still there?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I went to see, but couldn't see anything unusual.....caught your post a little late, sorry

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Not from AZ either, but I do have a question.

When the 8 lights, in groups of 3 rose into the air and vanished within 2 seconds - did they all vanish at the same time, or one after the other?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by T4NG0
how high up are they are they still there?

Since I don't know how far, and was comparing the "disappearance zone" to the top of an 80' palm across the street -- some basic trig places the altitude where the lights disappeared anywhere between 2,000 and 8,000 feet.

The entire event lasted about 8 minutes.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
did they all vanish at the same time, or one after the other?

Each vanished individually as they achieved the same apparent altitude relative to an 80' palm tree across the street.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you may or may not be aware this is happening in russia
edit on 2/15/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The description sounds like Chinese lanterns, reddish lights, slowly levitating, then disappeared, or some balloons with lights. Did they move at all? Chinese lanterns move some distance away before they fade off,

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

I thought about that.

We're about 9-10 miles southwest from the DC Ranch hills/mountains and the lights seemed to come from behind them. (See map below)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I think my older sister saw it. She just posted that she saw some lights over there.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Where did she post it?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I live pretty much on Hayden and Thomas roads. I am always outside smoking cigarettes and looking up at the sky for unusual things. I fell asleep at 10:30!
Wish i would have seen them. Not related over the weekend on like Saturday at 10:30 in the morning. There was a formation of kiowa helicopters four of them flying in a diamond formation. I was watching with my buddies and we though they were going to land at papgo, but they definetly did not. I always watch planes and helicopters and i have never seen a kiowa in az especially a diamond formation with four of them.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Reading the OP my first thought was the possibility of red hand-held SOLAS parachute flares - especially given their apparent dissipation at relatively the same altitude.

some basic trig places the altitude where the lights disappeared anywhere between 2,000 and 8,000 feet. The entire event lasted about 8 minutes.

SOLAS flares reach a max. height of only 300m and last approx 40sec therefore they can be ruled out as a possibility given those comments, and besides, once activated they are very apparent as being flares.

www.landfallnavigation.com...

Interesting times............

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If your camera didn't pick these things up, they may be opperating in the infrared. Cloaking so to speak. After all, invisbility is just the bending of light around an object.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
If your camera didn't pick these things up, they may be opperating in the infrared. Cloaking so to speak. After all, invisbility is just the bending of light around an object.

Well, considering he saw them with his own eyes, I would say it wasn't only in the infrared spectrum.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Interesting... I was driving home last night and me and my friend both saw
two unusual objects in the sky, and when I pointed them out to my friend,
We watched one of them make a sudden change in direction and fly quite
fast in the opposite direction and then out of sight. The other object moved
along slowly until we no longer saw it.

Not kidding, maybe something's going on?

BTW I'm in So Cal.

Rebel5

edit on 15-2-2013 by rebelv because: more info

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rebelv

They returned to help us get away from our selfish ways, the church will try to make it all religious and keep its devoted followers in their cult. The truth is a couple of them have been watching us for a while now and seen how far we has walked off the path they once laid out for our ancient ancestors while they were here last. The prophecies were true and the church will fall under the new Pope TPTB will put in place. The Prophecy of the Pope and the Lady of Fatima all predicted it, Russia will be converted first to the new beliefs. The Russians have had contact with these races for awhile now and knew they were coming but could only predict when. This is the beginning of a new age a one where we will be unshackled from the constraints bestowed upon by our leaders to keep us docile. Watch and learn but do not listen, only your heart can do that.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Howdy SO

I am in Central Phoenix near Camelback and 19th Ave.
Always out scanning the skies but last night the meteor in Russia kept me glued to my computer chair.
Didn't see anything from my kitchen window right here next to me, which faces northeast.

Next time ya see something Call me!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Contact Allen Benz on Facebook! He will know more! Phoenix too!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join