It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1947 Roswell Newspaper I found

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
And people say there’s no proof of alien life! A lot of new technology came out in the coming years after this date. Coincidence?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Nice find, I'm sure there is some value $$$$ to that paper considering all the attention it got during that time.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Anyone that has done some research into the subject, I would like to see if the USA was testing "flying saucers" around the same times as the Germans. I know this was a big ordeal at the time and now, just wondering if it was at the same time frame and could have been a "test flight" for the US. I believe, at the time, we were racing against the Germans and Russia for superiority. Maybe it could have been a Russian or German craft?

Again, I am not to familiar on the subject and would love some "historical buff's" input.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In this context what does RAAF stand for. It is obviously not Royal Australian Air Force.

Thanks

P

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Im my opinion having seen various stories and theories presented on Roswell it was either a real crash of vehicle from outerspace/ or other dimension or it was deliberate perpetuated disinformation to create a conspiracy idea the government has hidden away alien technology they are back engineering. Im 50/50 for either one of these two reasons being true.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
In this context what does RAAF stand for. It is obviously not Royal Australian Air Force.

Thanks

P

Roswell Army Air field

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Thank you!

P

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I would be super pumped to have this in my man cave.This is one of, if not the most prevalent case in ufology.

As for a paper about a zombie being captured, I think the story of Rudy Eugene the causeway attacker is as close as you will ever get.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Good job. if "eyewitness testimony" is to be believed. I would sooner believe some old fart and his wife sitting on a porch in their rocking chairs than any other source...

From your post (paraphrased from the article)

They were sitting on their porch at 105 South Penn. last Wednesday night at about ten minutes before ten o'clock when a large glowing object zoomed out of the sky from the southeast, going in a northwesterly direction at a high rate of speed. Wilmot called Mrs. Wilmot's attention to it and both ran down into the yard to watch.
It was in sight less than a minute, less than 40 or 50 seconds, Wilmot estimated.

"Wilmot said that it appeared to him to be about 1500 feet high and going fast. He estimated between 400 and 500 miles per hour.

The object came in view from the southeast and disappeared over the treetops in the general vicinity of six-mile hill.

This detail has a time stamp, speed, direction from / too and a destination (vicinity of 6 mile hill). I have never heard these details before. If someone good at "overlay" was to pick up on this we might get a better understanding of where from too... for the first time?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard
Thank you, OP! I've been doing a little reading/research into Roswell and this is a great find! Most appreciated.
I made a transcription of the article for you.

peace,
AB

TRANSCRIPTION:
Tuesday, July 8, 1947
RAAF Captures Flying Saucer in Roswell Region

Roswell Hardware Man and Wife Report Disk Seen

The intelligence office of the 509th Bombardment group at Roswell Army Airfield announced today, that the field has come into the possession of a flying saucer.

According to information released by the department, over authority of Maj. J. A. Marcel, intelligence officer, the disk was recovered on a ranch in the Roswell vicinity, after an unidentified rancher notified Sheriff Geo Wilcox, here, that he had found the instrument on his premises.

Major Marcel and a detail from his department went to the ranch and recovered the disk, it was stated.

After the intelligence office here had inspected the instrument it was flown to "higher headquarters."

The intelligence office stated that no details of the saucers construction or its appearance had been revealed.

Mr. and Mrs. Dan Wilmot apparently were the only persons in Roswell who have seen what they thought was a flying disk.

They were sitting on their porch at 105 South Penn. last Wednesday night at about ten minutes before ten o'clock when a large glowing object zoomed out of the sky from the southeast, going in a northwesterly direction at a high rate of speed. Wilmot called Mrs. Wilmot's attention to it and both ran down into the yard to watch.
It was in sight less than a minute, less than 40 or 50 seconds, Wilmot estimated.

"Wilmot said that it appeared to him to be about 1500 feet high and going fast. He estimated between 400 and 500 miles per hour.

In appearance it looked oval in shape like two inverted saucers, faced mouth to mouth, or like two old type washbowls placed together in the same fashion. The entire body glowed as though light were showing through from inside, though not like it would be if a light were merely underneath.

From where he stood Wilmot said that the object looked to be about 5 feet in size, and making allowance for the distance it was from town he figured that it must have been 15 to 20 feet in diameter, though this was just a guess.

Wilmot said that he heard no sound, but Mrs. Wilmot said she heard a swishing sound for a very short time.

The object came in view from the southeast and disappeared over the treetops in the general vicinity of six-mile hill.

Wilmot, who is one of the most respected and reliable citizens in town, kept the story to himself hoping that someone else would come out and tell about having seen one, but finally today decided that he would go ahead and tell about seeing it. The announcement that the RAAF was in possession of one came only a few minutes after he had decided to release the details of what he had seen.

END

(Hope this is helpful! I'll add the blurry part in the middle if you U2 me the text!) :-)

edit on 14-2-2013 by AboveBoard because: Added text from OP to fill in the blank in the middle... :-)

edit on 14-2-2013 by AboveBoard because: oops!

If I could give you 10 stars it would not be enough.

Thank you so much or transcribing this!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Geraputo

If anyone has a newspaper clipping for "Rudy Eugene" The "Zombie" murderer, I would love to have it and add it to my collection.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the article, I knew they originally released the fact that they had recovered a flying disk in the news paper and later retorted that story and stated it was in actuality a weather balloon but I never previously had the chance to actually read the original article.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Congratulations on your find, bravo for posting it here, and thanks for the great pix. S&F.

Lt. Walter Haut, the Public Information Officer, who was ordered to write the press release, left an affidavit to remain sealed until after his death, in which he described a small, mostly intact, egg-shaped craft and dead occupants found north of Roswell in addition to the "magic foil" that littered the famous debris field.

Haut affidavit

And Major Jessie Marcel, shortly before he died, on BBC TV described the material found on the Foster ranch as like foil but extremely strong. This was years before it was known that graphene is 200 times as strong as steel. His son, who also handled some of the debris, still describes it the same way.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

What gets me is that in the statement from Lt. Walter Haut, he never mentions that the RAAF had the craft. To me, this would be a common statement from any military agent as this would be common dialog within the military it's self, as well as, civilian reporters. Again, I am not a military person and unfamiliar with the crash. Also, It strikes me a odd that the meeting happened on the July 8th, the same date the paper was posted. At the end of the article, the farmer, Mr. Wilmot "who is one of the most respected and reliable citizens in town, kept the story to himself hoping that someone else would come out and tell about having seen one, but finally today decided that he would go ahead and tell about seeing it. The announcement that the RAAF was in possession of one came only a few minutes after he had decided to release the details of what he had seen."

If there was a crash, would the meeting have been well before Mr. Wilmot came forward?

I only ask those who are familiar with the story. I do no know much about it, but now it has intrigued me.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: incorrect spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Wow! Thanks so much for putting in the text and transcription of that whole article! I've never seen anything much except the headline. Thanks also for that link to the Haut affidavit. Whoo-whoo, more good reading!

To all the people who are still hemming and hawing about this being a true ET craft, it was reported that the debris field was 3/4 of a mile long and at least a hundred feet wide. There was so much of it, Brazel filled up his pickup truck to the brim, which took several hours and there was still plenty left over for the Army to gather. The troops were ordered to get down on their hands and knees to collect any small pieces and the area was gone over several times.

No weather balloon. Obviously, that was damage control after some (honest) idiot let the cat out of the bag. Immediately after this that summer they put in place protocol to handle any recurrences including what to do if one crash landed in a populated area. I've always wondered why one hasn't, to tell the truth. Richard Dolan's incredible histories report many, many crashes and recovered vehicles. Russia and China are also in possession of some and Argentina was the location of numerous mass sightings, I'm presuming because of alien bases in Antarctica.

No, I'm not kidding... this whole subject is the rabbit hole of all rabbit holes. Like I said in another thread, the last time the US government told us the truth about anything important, it was Eisenhower warning about the Military-Industrial Complex. He felt as the Pentagon black projects geared up, increasingly the President was going to be out of the loop of what was really going on, and he felt like he had betrayed the American public; he was right.
edit on 14-2-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Nice find,

That article is the very reason why the media was then infiltrated by the retard oligarchs, then ATS come along.

Peace
edit on 14-2-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Actually, Haut didn't write the affidavit. He only agreed that its content was correct. If he had written it himself, the grammar and punctuation, I suspect, would have been much worse. I think the actual wording came from Don Schmitt, reflecting what Haut had described. So there could be some minor errors. This affidavit was made some 55 years after the fact, shortly before Haut died.

Also, the log book for Project Mogul shows that the flight the government claims was responsible for the Roswell crash in their current official explanation was canceled because of bad weather but that there was a launch of the Mogul array the following day, which was recovered after it came down. That's on top of the fact that they maintain there were crash-test dummies involved, which people mistook for dead aliens, even though such dummies were not in use until several years later and were six feet tall. But they don't seem to need another new story, since there's no public outcry, just the occasional joke about time-traveling dummies.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well jel! A great article to own a copy of, for sure!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What a great historical find. I don't know how many copies of the original paper still exist but it must be rare by now. You have a real UFO treasure for sure. S&F for you.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
It`s no secret, and they admitted, that they took the crashed "weather balloon" to wright patterson AFB in ohio. The thing that seems suspicous to me about that is, did they always take all their crashed weather balloons to wright patterson AFB? If not then why did they feel the need to take this "weather balloon" there?
Why would they put a crashed "weather balloon" on a plane in New mexico and fly it all the way to an AFB in ohio?
It sounds fishy, they aren`t fooling me.

There are at least two interesting "alternative" stories about what really happened, check this link, i know there are some better sources out there, with images and links, but i'm not able to find them right now

cosmiclog.nbcnews.com...

A couple things make send and kind of give some weight to those stories

- Kenneth Arnold sighting of "flying wings" June 24, 1947, that got distorted and turned into "saucers"
- Roswell crash, June 14(or so), 1947, not sure where but i've read the first accounts talked about a "wing", not a circular object.

www.roswellfiles.com...

The germans had a "single wing" plane which was recovered by the US just a few years earlier.
The germans did experiments on people
The germans were also very advanced and had several experimental projects, the US got hold of a lot of that, and some were taken by Russia.

The pics at the end of this page are way cool and speak a lot in my opinion

www.militaryfactory.com...

And then, some years later:

en.wikipedia.org...

Who knows

edit on 15-2-2013 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join