1947 Roswell Newspaper I found

page: 3
86
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317
 


That is a most excellent find! How very lucky. It matters not if you believe in Aliens and such or not. You have the evidence of the fiasco in your possession!




posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Interesting, I've never heard the bit about it coming in glowing and emitting light like that while it was on the ground. Sounds like a weather gallon, right? Anyone!?

And the government statement that there were dummies onboard as part of some experiment after being pressed on the issue... that's called digging your own hole.

Dummies on a glowing weather balloon that came in at 400+ MPH.

Oh yes, it all makes sense now...
edit on 2/15/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317
 


Lucky You, and cheers to being wise enough to make a cool little investment
into something real.

Rather of real value as well.
Supercool



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Although I can't say exactly what it is, I think something can be said for the fact that the term "Flying Saucer" had only come into common usage 11 days prior to the Roswell incident. Kenneth Arnold only used the term 'saucer' to describe what he had seen, it was the American press that added 'flying' to it.

Did the military strike while the metal was hot? Did they for some reason want to ensure that the term Flying Saucer remain the go to terminology for strange things seen in the sky? Was it an excited local press that had been attuned to the Arnold story already, since it had only happened 11 days before, and were primed to apply the term?

I don't know, but it is really cool to see the paper in all its glory. Thanks for sharing, OP.




posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bybyots
Although I can't say exactly what it is, I think something can be said for the fact that the term "Flying Saucer" had only come into common usage 11 days prior to the Roswell incident. Kenneth Arnold only used the term 'saucer' to describe what he had seen, it was the American press that added 'flying' to it.

Did the military strike while the metal was hot? Did they for some reason want to ensure that the term Flying Saucer remain the go to terminology for strange things seen in the sky? Was it an excited local press that had been attuned to the Arnold story already, since it had only happened 11 days before, and were primed to apply the term?

I don't know, but it is really cool to see the paper in all its glory. Thanks for sharing, OP.



He did use the term "saucer", but only to indicate that it was skipping like one, not that it looked like one, and then..


We know now, that a flying wing is possible, but not the saucer, it is just too difficult to keep in control, at least for now and the next years, what he saw perfectly fits with the direction and approaches modern airplanes are taking now.

debunker.com...
debunker.com...

edit on 15-2-2013 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Personally I do not believe in Aliens.. at least not as in being among us in physical form... Why would the media.. which was as controlled then.. as it is now.. go through the trouble of creating hysteria about an unidentified flying craft has been recovered.. and then say oh never mind.. it was actually a weather balloon. well i could think of one really good reason... the Germans figured out how to build "flying saucers" and rather than admit that the Germans had completely out-done them technologically.. they decided they would be better off creating the "illusion" that it could be of"extra terrestrial" origin... does this mean I think German pilots crashed in Roswell? No. I believe American military had seized German prototypes and tried to fly them or try to reproduce them.. or both... but failed miserably.. how come you less commonly hear about the Kecksburg UFO incident? The one where witnesses described occult markings on the "craft" that strongly resembled German style occult symbols.. Look at project silver bug... American Engineers with the help of paperclip nazis trying to emulate German engineering to create a "flying disk" and it failed.. millions of dollars wasted.... Now what about all the UFO sightings that still happen today all around the world? the question you should be asking is.. hmmmm.. Extra-Terrestrial? or Extra-Territorial? Just lookin at things from a different angle.. that's all...



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
Anyone that has done some research into the subject, I would like to see if the USA was testing "flying saucers" around the same times as the Germans. I know this was a big ordeal at the time and now, just wondering if it was at the same time frame and could have been a "test flight" for the US. I believe, at the time, we were racing against the Germans and Russia for superiority. Maybe it could have been a Russian or German craft?

Again, I am not to familiar on the subject and would love some "historical buff's" input.


didn't see this until after i posted.. but you might find this interesting



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
This blows the weather balloon explanation out of the water and back to shore. The couple who were the quoted eyewitnesses leave no room for a weather balloon to be considered. Unless the wind was blowing at over 100 miles an hour, and the balloon had inside lights apart from the sun shining on it. And this was a great find for you, nice work, as well as a very fine post complete with detailed photographs. I've never read the entire article. And a great keepsake too!
edit on 14-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)


I kind'a like the way we claim that journalists always report the truth when it is far fetched like flying saucers.

But of course we balance it by claiming journalists lie, when they write something that doesn't fit into our delusion of having Honour Degrees in all sciences AS WELL AS being experts on any other field you care to mention.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
My brother has that same paper, same style of frame hanging on his wall...it's a reproduction. Might want to check for authenticity.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317
 


Talk about GEM indeed!

You need to get that scanned in high rez.

Though that now gets me intrigued. Having that date. Can we now go into newspaper archives and get that date pulled.

If the film is missing we certainly could have some evidence of a coverup.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317
 



Awesome find.

You should get it framed



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
reply to post by Klassified
 


It cost me $24.99 + tax (Uncle Obama made sure he got his cut too)
edit on 14-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)


I'm sure the value will never fall, you 'scored' no doubt.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by pheonix358
In this context what does RAAF stand for. It is obviously not Royal Australian Air Force.

Thanks

P

Roswell Army Air field


Close. I think it's Roswell Army Air Force.

I checked Wikipedia. The Army Air Force was abolished and replaced with
U.S. Air Force at the end of July 1947 by President Truman.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Interesting, I've never heard the bit about it coming in glowing and emitting light like that while it was on the ground. Sounds like a weather gallon, right? Anyone!?

And the government statement that there were dummies onboard as part of some experiment after being pressed on the issue... that's called digging your own hole.

Dummies on a glowing weather balloon that came in at 400+ MPH.

Oh yes, it all makes sense now...
edit on 2/15/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)


Well, they had to come up with something.


I don't blame them. The U.S. Military did the best they could with what they had.
I would have done the same thing.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta
 





Close. I think it's Roswell Army Air Force.

Close ... its Roswell Army Air Field



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If you come by the paper where the RAF employee holds up a weather baloon with the famous "smoking gun note" in his hands... let me know and make a few high quality scans of it.. that edition is almost even better



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by br0ker
If you come by the paper where the RAF employee holds up a weather baloon with the famous "smoking gun note" in his hands... let me know and make a few high quality scans of it.. that edition is almost even better


Isn't it odd that President Truman did some reorganizing at the DOD at the end of July 1947?
The Army Air Force was abolished and replaced with U.S. Air Force.

I think July 1947 was a busy month for President Truman.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317
 
Ummm...thats cool...I remember my mom and dad always telling me that the original news reports were all about a disc shaped craft and then the stories all got changed after the fact...

YouSir



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouSir
reply to post by Catalyst317
 
Ummm...thats cool...I remember my mom and dad always telling me that the original news reports were all about a disc shaped craft and then the stories all got changed after the fact...

YouSir



We got another wake up call July 28, 1952. ( I Like Ike !)



Someone needs to buy this newspaper next.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"They said it was a weather balloon": www.youtube.com...

LMAO - sticks, tape, and tinfoil.

Yeah, Brother. God damn I love being an American in the 21st Century.

Drones, phones, satellites, incursion, insurrection, cruise ship death, meteors, Nibiru (woops, scratch that one), Iranian and Korean Nikes, oil, fracking, flu shots, fluoride, DHS/NSA/CIA/FEMA/GITMO (and etc)

You just can't make this #e up.






top topics



 
86
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join