It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the effect of Bin Laden in the election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What do you guys think is going to happen as a result of Osama Bin Laden in the election?

The media is trying to make us rally around the president. What a load of #.....if you are calm for one second, you would realize BIN LADEN is changing the results of the election. Why can't we just ignore him! The media is so pathetic. But yeah what are the conseqences of this new tape in the election?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Personally I think that Bin Laden is with the US Government...
But thats not the point. Although I am not from US, I say that nothing is going to happen whether either Bush or Kerry wins. Maybe send more troops, and thats it.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
The only effect UBL will have on the elctions is when the puppet masters produce UBL and Bush says "hey you guys, look who i found"

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think this will favour Bush - he can use it to re-inforce his image as "protector" of the United States. I'm sure some conspiracy theorists will even go as far as saying that Osama released the video at the request of Bush Senior.

I do think it is worrying that the Bin Ladens and the Bush families have close financial ties...

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuestion
The media is so pathetic. But yeah what are the conseqences of this new tape in the election?

most likely future model, is where more 'protection-surveillence'
is foisted on the citizens...

by the Dept. of HomelandSecurity effort to; subdue the 'secret cells of terrorists' already in the country
and those individuals, groups, cells, seeking to 'infiltrate' the homeland

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   
so bush senior requested the film huh? nice thought....i'm sure he's chillin somewhere in his tropical oceanside paradise with DynCorp secuirty guards protecting him from wandering vactioners who could expose his hideout

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I love how this works. If it wasn't for the fact that it is so tied up in genuine tragedy it'd be really really funny.

bin Laden (with plenty of doubt as to whether it is actually him) turns up with 2 or 3 days to go (wow, the guy has some sense of timing, huh) making a 'I can't be with you all tonight but I'd just like to say......' video speech.

This is the guy responsible for 9/11, on George W Bush's watch, still at large, even after the expenditure of several hundred billion $ and over 1100 allied - mostly US - lives....and God knows (cos they're so loath to actually tell anyone) how many lives blighted by the most terrible injuries.

.....and people in the US right are saying this benefits Bush!?

(with a seriously lame follow up joke about how bin Laden wants a Kerry win
)

Jayzuss, I knew some Americans were odd but man that's so totally fecked up and weird.

[edit on 30-10-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I guess I am really a dufus because I don't understand how it does, or should effect the elections at all! I don't get it. Both sides claiming it effects it in some way...why? Is the American public really, honestly, that ridiculous!?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It effects America because it changes the subject of the election back to terrorism which is Bushes strong point.

People go into the voting booths with terrorism on their minds.

This is how I see it.....Bin Laden obviously knows his opinion couldn't change peoples minds in the US. So what he would come out and do this?

Serious reverse psychology on the US.

I can bet top dollar Bin Laden is in Saudi Arabia living the life of luxury.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheQuestion
It effects America because it changes the subject of the election back to terrorism which is Bushes strong point.

People go into the voting booths with terrorism on their minds.

Exactly - I'm a UK citizen and the message over here is that the US voters see Bush as a "no nonsense" leader who'll take the fight to the terrorists (wherever that is), whereas Kerry is being shown as someone with no clear direction. Just my opinion.

Edited for typos.

[edit on 30/10/2004 by Deckard_BR26354]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Am I the only one who took both this video and the previous one released this week (suspected to be a former American), as an attempt to scare people away from voting for Bush?

I for one am not affected by either, but I do not see that these messages and the timing of them do anything to bulster the vote for Bush, but rather the opposite.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

I for one am not affected by either.

Me either...I just don't understand it. To me, you'd have to be a pretty swishy washy type of person for this to actually change you mind on who your voting for this late in the game....I don't get it!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Although I believe it is a work of the Bush admin getting this video out this close to the election I also believe it will destroy Bush. It was a bad move to put this out.
People will now look at this video as UBL coming out and saying see I'm still here you can't catch me and neither can Bush so whats he good for.

I would liked to have seen UBL stick his tounge out at Bush and go Na na na na na... You can't catch me.

America is disappointed with Bush they are asking why after a few months they can find Saddam hiding in a hole but four years later they can't get UBL. And then to top it off the Pentagon claims that they know exactly where UBL is. Hmmmm... Of course they do.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by Relentless

I for one am not affected by either.

Me either...I just don't understand it. To me, you'd have to be a pretty swishy washy type of person for this to actually change you mind on who your voting for this late in the game....I don't get it!

But what you are forgetting here is that too many people are wishy washy. It is sad but true. I also think that people have too short memories and also have lost the ability to think things out for themselves.

Most of the people I have observed look for someone else to tell them what to do and what to think. It scares me

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I would be interested to hear if anyone on ATS has changed their mind on who they are voting for based on the UBL tape. I think Bush supporters will think the tape helps Bush and Kerry supporters will think that the tape helps Kerry. I just don't see any way that it would convince someone who planned to vote Kerry to vote Bush instead or vice versa. Personally I think the UBL tape won't have any impact at all on our election.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Fake fake fake.....

Here is the broadcast from Al_Jazeera on 10.29, with a live translator. Drudge report "transcript" has many errors......e.g. there was NO mention of Patriot Act whatsoever...a misquote.....many misquotes.....listening now. DRUDGE TRANSCRIPT IS NOT RELIABLE...COMPLETELY DISTORTED. Listen here and compare:

mprofaca.cro.net...

No Patriot stuff, nothing admitting to 9/11 (again)....so just who is inventing this fraud on the public?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As much as it is true, the American people need to know........why are we giving him airtime! This is setting a presidence for future terrorists, make a video with threat and it will be all over the American media! So now is Bin Laden quite amused that he made it all over the TV, newspapers, radio so easily!! Will other terrorist follow in BL's footsteps? I dont like the way this feels at all, did we mess up.....again!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Honestly, I would like feedback on BL's free airtime in the media. It is very scarey!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I see this could benefit each of the presidential candidates depending on how you look at it...

If the OBL tape scared someone, then they could vote for Bush since people feel safe under his rule (for some reason)

-or-

This could piss some Bush supporters off since OBL is still at large. Also Bush made the remarks that he didn't care about Osama several months ago, which was brought up at the last debates.

Personally I'll still be voting for Kerry, I like him and agree that Bush handled the Iraq situation very poorly. He should have been focusing on Osama instead of Saddam IMO.

new topics

top topics

join