It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here
By Thomas Horn and Cris Putnam

Okay .. so this is a big thing right now. Lots of people are talking about this book. I had heard it incorporates the prophecies of St. Malachy and discusses the end times. So I figured I'd give it a try. I went to Barnes and Nobels yesterday morning first thing and spent 17$ on the book. I read the book. MY MISTAKE. Thats 2 days and $17.00 that I'll never get back ....

What a load of rubbish and a waste of $17.00

The authors started out saying that it wasn't a Catholic bashing book but was instead looking at facts. It hought .. great! Instead, they gave us a book that is just the opposite of what they said. Now .. there are plenty of things to rag on the Catholic church about, but instead of sticking to the facts, they filled their book with fundamentalist christian Jack Chickisms as well as loads and loads of non truths about what the Catholics believe. They threw in a bunch of their own fundamentalist version of reality and truth as well as a pile of biblical misinterpretations.

LOUSY BOOK. Not just because I disagree with their bible interpretations ... but because it was just a piece of propaganda that they are trying to sell as a prophecy discussion book that is level headed and accurate .. but it's not. And I don't like being lied to.

Anyways ... double thumbs down from me.

(I'd list the errors and the ramblings etc etc ... but to do that would I'd need to write down nearly every page of that book and it's just too much to post. )

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

edit on 14-2-2013 by heyitsok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Example ....

The authors take great pains to say that Catholics worship Mary and the Saints and that they pray to deceased humans like they are gods .. which is 'evil'. They use up a whole chapter on claiming Catholics worship Mary and that it's bad.

But then in the last chapter, much of their information is taken from the apparitions of Mary at Fatima and LaSalette. Messages that Mary gave to the children in these apparitions. And the authors use these messages which speak of evil and destruction in the Catholic church .. use then as if they were authentic and should be listened to.

So the authors contradicted themselves. They spent a whole lotta time saying how Mary is a dead woman and can't be talking to people ... but then they quote as fact the messages from Mary to these children (because the messages are negative towards the Catholic church
)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
You obviously aren't a fundamentalist. Are you Catholic? Each is set in their way of interpreting the bible, and reconciling them isn't gonna happen.

As to their take on praying to Mary, and the saints. Fundamentalists are very unbending on this. They believe the bible specifically forbids anything resembling prayer to anyone other than God/Jesus. And yes, they very much believe Mary, and the other saints do not hear prayers. Nor could they answer them if they could hear them.

On the apparitions part, I suspect Tom and Chris are using these to get across a whole different point than you took from it. I am familiar with Tom's work, and this doesn't sound like him. However, I haven't read the book. You have. But it just doesn't sound like his methodology.

Thanks for giving your perspective on this. I was a tad curious as to the stance Tom had on this. Now I at least have some small idea.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
And yes, they very much believe Mary, and the other saints do not hear prayers. .

Which is why I found it so strange they they relyed on the apparitions of Fatima and LaSallete so much in their final chapter. If Marian apparitions are so evil .. then why all the fuss about people in the Vatican supressing them and why all the fuss about what the apparitions said?? It doesn't make sense. First they blast anything Marian ... and then they used the messages. I found it odd.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Your question is most certainly a valid one. Now you've got me wanting to read that chapter. Guess I'm going to have to find someone who has it among my old Christian friends. If I can get hold of it, I'll read it and post back here.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So, what have we learned?

Before buying a book, I typically Google the author as well as read the Amazon reviews for the book. It's saved me a few times from buying some ranting crank's screed. I can get more than enough of that here for free.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi FF,

You do ask a great question!

May I suggest you ask one of the authors himself? He has a blog where I have seen him respond to criticism as well as praise. Some won't take the time.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of his or anything. I disagree with his stance on many,many things, but here is the link to his blog.

www.logosapologia.org...
(Chris Putnam)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

edit on 12-6-2013 by OneTrueGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I decided to do a search on "Petrus Romanus" and this thread came up. I listened to a red ice show about this topic of the next Pope whom we now know is Pope Francis. It was quite interesting as they covered the various "prophecies" about what some believe is the last Pope. One person in a video I watched said how he felt the last Pope is not this evil guy everyone things he is, but actually a very good man battling the AC in a very dark hour. Francis does seem to be playing a political game as mentioned about the last pope. He does seem to be trying to bring all religions under the Catholic tent, and many have agreed to it's controls in the large council of churches. Here were the two videos:

posted on Sep, 22 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Since the actual Chair of St. Peter is Vacant,, remember Pope Francis left it vacant. So Spiritually the Chair reverts too the First Peter. The same Peter, whom Christ gave the Chair too. Yes Romans ,,Christ gave the Chair of Zuess too Peter the first.
thats why the lightning bolt hit the Vatican, and the Dove perched on the Window.
above and below and all that,, u know,, Dove ,, noah,,wreath, Ceasar,,etc,,
so prophetically
Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope Is Here,,,and sitting upon the Chair of St. Peter.

top topics

join