It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Marine that stood up to New York cops is on SURVIVOR - Caramoan Fans v Favorites, which premiere

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Remember Sgt. Shamar Thomas of the U.S Marines standing up to the NYPD??

He is participating in this season's SURVIVOR. I DVR'd the season premiere tonight and just started watching it. I see him for the first time get off the boat and immediately recognize him. I was just surprised and since he was such a big hit and much discussed here on ATS, I thought I would post this.

SURVIVOR - meet the cast

SURVIVOR - cast interview - Shamar

Good luck Shamar!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have it recorded, but won't get to see it until Friday (going out with the Mrs. tonight of course)....

I know, I know, most hate this show, but it's one of my guilty pleasures...still one of the best examples of Machiavellism you'll ever see on TV.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

there are thousands of other shows that are much much worse than Survivor... including every single news outlet. with that in mind, I have no hesitation admitting I watch Survivor.

Regarding Shamar on the show - he's going to have to get lucky and win plenty of immunities to stay because he's going to be a force to reckon with. He's a huge, athletic, powerful Marine with tons of field experience and leadership qualities -- the others would be idiots if they didn't target him immediately.

He's TWICE the size of anyone else on the show!!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As a brit I wish him the best of luck an hope he does well. He showed he has the balls now lets see what hes made of
Is this an American program? I can no doubt see it on line. Thanks for the heads up on the show.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

It's actually an American version of a British show (but it had a different title), check producer Mark Burnett's IMDB.

Survivor though, is still a hit, and is still consistently in the top 10 ratings each week, even after many seasons.

That guy's muscle is an asset in the early part of the game, when it's tribe vs. tribe. Only after the merge does he then become a major target.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
**spoiler**

I watched it and the guy seems to be a bit of a d**k. Sitting on the log refusing to do anything because beard man was building a shelter. For a marine, he does not seem to be a team player.

Hello, there are ten people there. Half can build a shelter and half can get a fire going. Don't just sit there and pout.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

He didn't just sit there and pout...he sat there and criticized the guy building the shelter, because he didn't join in with a few others and work on the fire (just how many people does it take?).... The bearded guy was SMART to divide the labor efforts. It's sure a better contribution than sitting on the log.

I'm thinking he's been out of the Marines for a while....

SPOILER ALERT

Funny that the "Favorite" voted out first, was done in again. How was she a "favorite" anyway being on for only one show? And the coupling? Have these "Fans" never watched Survivor? That's a quick ticket for one of you to go home.

I'm so glad to see Crazy Phillip, Unstoppable Malcolm, and Cochran on again, should be fun....

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yeah, I like Cochran. The loveable loser. See those feet? Ouch!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Shame that the marine is part of the majority alliance in his tribe. Although, from next week's previews, seems like they are getting sick of him... (and in one of the previews, he was mad at people voting for him?) He KNEW which 4 votes were coming his way.....had to....

So far, hardly any of the fans (besides him) are getting any screen time...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Hating Shamar more and more. Poor behaviour by a Marine. I thought they were held to higher standards than that.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"Shamar is my Phillip."

I love that line. I had not connected Shamar to the marine we all watched. And I'm shocked.

Cognitively I know they're the same man. But behaviorally, well, color me disappointed.

I thought he was kind of lazy and passive-aggressive, that is until he realized that the passive part wasn't going to work out. I guess marines aren't as tough as I'd always assumed they were. My cat has more charisma.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

He's basically playing the Survivor "Angry, Lazy Black Man" stereotype, to a T...because he knows he's in the majority alliance and the others are getting offed one by one.

Then, he had the nerve to threaten to quit! How the heck did that not come up in tribal? Jeff HATES quitters, more than anything, yet let this one slide? What gives? He has to know he's at the very bottom of his alliance. An infuriating episode... If they go to tribal again, no doubt what will happen (they'll split their vote again, in case he (guy with the idol) plays the idol, ensuring one of them goes home...so hopefully, he doesn't punk out and waste the idol then... He'll be the last to go as they need him in challenges.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I hate survivor. It is not even about surviving. It is about lying, cheating, and stabbing people in the back. You want a show about surviving? Drop these narcissists off on an island with minimal gear and no food or water and see who survives.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's what got me! First, he said that he didn't want to be the angry black man on Survivor this season. Then he said that he thought it would be best if he quit. I was furious! It was as if, in his own mind, he had two options: (1) be the angry black man or (2) leave. You've seen the people with medical emergencies yelling at producers that they didn't want to leave - this is the experience of a lifetime for some. I can't say I wouldn't enjoy the hell out of playing if it was somewhere without the sun burning me to a crisp - even without the million dollars at stake.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm sure any of the 50,000+ others who tried out and didn't get on the show would LOVE to have his spot...

The tribe could have axed him, and STILL had the majority voting block... He'll probably quit the next episode...

I hate survivor. It is not even about surviving. It is about lying, cheating, and stabbing people in the back. You want a show about surviving? Drop these narcissists off on an island with minimal gear and no food or water and see who survives.

Can you imagine the show's insurance rates?
Survivor is more about the social game of coming out on top, in a game where elimination is the norm. It is EXACTLY about all those things you mentioned, and that's where the entertainment lies.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Shamar is finally gone...I'll bet he made sure his eye got irritated on purpose, just to quit the game without having all of the quitter penalties now in place.

Awesome moves by Reynold. He convinced them all to get rid of the weakling, but since they conned him before, he played the idol (can't fault him for it, I would have done the same). Lucky for him, Shamar was gone too, so that lazy dude was a non-issue.

Personally though, if I were him, I'd have said..."This is how it is going to go down. We are voting out the weakling. If you choose to vote out Eddie, I will ensure we do not win any more challenges. I will play my idol tonight, so you can't stop this. Your move." ( I then would have played my idol...for Eddie, knowing they wouldn't vote for me because a) They need me, and b) they think I'm playing it for myself anyhow).

Should be interesting now. From the previews, looks like crazy Phil goes to far with Brandon, and makes him go all crazy.... Note to Brandon...you aren't going "Russell Hantz"....doing that, means nobody KNOWS you created the chaos, ya dope! Instead, he goes nuts in front of the tribe it seems, which is like saying, "Please, oh please vote me out, as you don't know what I'll do...." He's a grade A moron though, so what else should we expect?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

And now Shamar not only holds the record for the laziest Survivor player ever, but he created a new category: "Laziest Way To Have a Medical Emergency".

Seriously? The guy is literally horizontal for 19 hours and then BAM! A grain of sand to the eye!

Although, I will admit to cringing when medical arrived and began evaluating the issue. He definitely needed to see a doctor - no pun intended.

Reynold impressed me, but you're right. He could have gone for it and held everyone's feet to the fire. I suppose he may be thinking of future alliances, but I could also be giving the guy too much credit. Physically, he's a force to be reckoned with. I'm just not convinced his mental game is up to par, given he began the game with a romantic fling - a Survivor kiss of death. I joked to my boyfriend that if I were ever on Survivor and began freezing one night they'd find me between the very old person and the very overweight person, just to avoid as much potential backlash as possible. I'd swat the hot guy away like he had dengue fever.

I sincerely felt sorry for the girl voted off. I can't imagine being so slow, so weak, and so mentally vacant.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I'm just not convinced his mental game is up to par, given he began the game with a romantic fling - a Survivor kiss of death

Yep, he woke up to it though...so there is that. He is a beast at challenges where you have to throw things though. He's not ballsy enough to make the big moves, I'd wager. Unfortunately, that same awesomeness at challenges will be a kiss of death when they merge, if he makes it that long. He's basically this season's Malcolm, but Malcolm is also in the game...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm glad Shamar is gone. I had to laugh when he was acting all reluctant to leave, like the only reason why was because he didn't want to lose his vision. I say lucky break for him that he had a legit reason for leaving instead of looking like a quitter. Makes you wonder if he purposely injured himself.

And Philip with the nicknames. Just, wow! Brandon is The Conqueror LOL.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Brandon the Bumble Bee if you ask me!

He's always trying to find an opportunity to be a victim so he can retaliate. It's boring. Almost. I guess it won't be if he pees in the rice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join