It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have 2 distinct markings on my thumbs; same location, red, itch and burn...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
it's not dry skin, body lice or caused by an accident; after coming home from work this morning, at about 9am, I noticed I kept itching my right thumb as if I scraped it against something; problem is, I work in a fab and my hands are always covered by latex gloves, they never torn open last night.

This burning/itching was getting annoying and after 2 hours+ I got frustrated, snapped on the overhead dining room light and looked at my right thumb and noticed a small red spot about 1/32 of an inch... but seemed triangular shaped.

I grabbed my magnifying glass and sure enough, there under the mag glass was definitely a scrap/indentation of a triangular shaped mark as if it was scrapped off and felt like I had the top layer of skin removed but, more of a cutting into a shape due to the other lines Cris-crossing around it and making it what look almost as the insignia of Star Trek. ( I know, but it's what 1st came to mind when I saw it)

At this point I'm kinda freaking out, so I check my other thumb and there's an exact red mark in the same location as the other but under the mag glass it's a dot but distinct lines going thru the spot dead center of the location that is pale pinkish/red.

It's not body lice, since it has not started in between the webbing of my fingers, ect, so it's not in a 'warm' place where the lice like to gather; so from about 9 am this morning till now 8+hours it's still red/burning and slightly itching; i guess it 'might' be dry skin but, the area around the spot(s) are not flaky or dry..

I took a pic with my cheapo cell phone but doesn't do it any justice..

Thoughts ?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Does it feel like a small piece of rice is under your skin?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
it's not dry skin, body lice or caused by an accident; after coming home from work this morning, at about 9am, I noticed I kept itching my right thumb as if I scraped it against something; problem is, I work in a fab and my hands are always covered by latex gloves, they never torn open last night.

This burning/itching was getting annoying and after 2 hours+ I got frustrated, snapped on the overhead dining room light and looked at my right thumb and noticed a small red spot about 1/32 of an inch... but seemed triangular shaped.

I grabbed my magnifying glass and sure enough, there under the mag glass was definitely a scrap/indentation of a triangular shaped mark as if it was scrapped off and felt like I had the top layer of skin removed but, more of a cutting into a shape due to the other lines Cris-crossing around it and making it what look almost as the insignia of Star Trek. ( I know, but it's what 1st came to mind when I saw it)

At this point I'm kinda freaking out, so I check my other thumb and there's an exact red mark in the same location as the other but under the mag glass it's a dot but distinct lines going thru the spot dead center of the location that is pale pinkish/red.

It's not body lice, since it has not started in between the webbing of my fingers, ect, so it's not in a 'warm' place where the lice like to gather; so from about 9 am this morning till now 8+hours it's still red/burning and slightly itching; i guess it 'might' be dry skin but, the area around the spot(s) are not flaky or dry..

I took a pic with my cheapo cell phone but doesn't do it any justice..

Thoughts ?

I bet it has something to do with wearing those gloves all day in that fab you work in.

Pladuim

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

sweat and irritation caused by the latex. Adverse reaction. Case #3465783 closed.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
thoughts?no offence but i,m thinking did i really just read a whole post about itchy red thumbs?i think maybe its bed time for more people than just myself

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Alien transplants..
you are being observed..
best to just let this one go

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Do you participate in amature thumb wrestling?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Do you have cats? cats are a common carrier of ring worm. That sounds similar to your issue.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I suffer from a skin condition that sounds somewhat similar to what you are describing. Mine are redish spots on the white part of my arm and white on the tan spots on my arms.

I have the spots on my thumb as well. They itch sometimes and once and a while they burn.

They are on both arms and hands. However none of the spots are the same on either arm or hand...o that part is odd...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It is a particular form of excema. Can't remember the specific type. I have it as well. I can't wear latex gloves because they have a powder in them that dries out my hands too much or something and brings on the blisters. They are triangular shaped because they haven't been there long and are confined to the shape of your finger print. I pop mine when I get them. If I don't the condition will progress into severe dry skin around affected areas. The skin can get dry enough to crack open. It is nothing to worry about though. It is an auto immune thing, but harmless other than the occasional batch of small blisters on the fingers, toes or even elbows. No cure. Mine breaks out when I am under stress or when I am sick. But for some people it can be triggered by any number of things like latex allergies and the handling of coins.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

A buddy of mine had a condition quite like yours and was initially diagnosed with scabbies. When the topical ointment he was perscribed didn't work hw went for a second opinion.

Turned out that he had shingles. If you ever had Chicken Pox when you were younger, make sure you ask your doctor to check out that possibility. Shingles often appear in small patches.

Hopefully it's just a reaction to the latex as they make latex free gloves that you can switch to.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin
reply to post by Komodo

Does it feel like a small piece of rice is under your skin?

no ..
not at all, there's not a lump, just what seems to be missing tissue, like when you scrap your knee, but not to the point where it bleeds .. just sore and pinkish

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman
reply to post by Komodo

sweat and irritation caused by the latex. Adverse reaction. Case #3465783 closed.

no...

try again.. I wear cotton liners under the latex

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Komodo

A buddy of mine had a condition quite like yours and was initially diagnosed with scabbies. When the topical ointment he was perscribed didn't work hw went for a second opinion.

Turned out that he had shingles. If you ever had Chicken Pox when you were younger, make sure you ask your doctor to check out that possibility. Shingles often appear in small patches.

Hopefully it's just a reaction to the latex as they make latex free gloves that you can switch to.

yea.. i know it's not scabbies..

but could be shingles ..
.. but odd place for both to show up at the same time.. if it is

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I saw your post and thought to myself..."That sounds familiar.” I hope it is not shingles.

But I do wish you the best…and seek a second opinion.

top topics

join