It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Back; Strange Sound Phenomena Returns to East Tennessee!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

You can either U2U puterman or post up in the quake watch thread. I don't know why I get the feeling it could be related to something like this, but it just seems like a decent explanation. However, it may sound preposterous to someone who knows more about the system and how sub-surface geology works within nature.

EDIT:

It could be said that a lot of us have 'Hollow Heads' too
edit on 15-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just found this as an idea: Geomagnetic Reversal
There is a phenomenon that we are familiar with on the sun, called magnetic decoupling. It is this magnetic cycle of an average 22 years that causes two decoupling events, the sun completes a total magnetic unit where the poles return to origin. This occurs because the sun rotates faster at the equator than at the poles. The unequally rotating plasma causes the magnetic field to become stretched, wound up and hence twisted. During the buildup to sunspot maximum, the field lines break and form sunspot magnetic pairs, especially if two sunspot groups field lines intersect. Eventually, the field lines get so twisted that the decouple and reorient into the opposite direction. The sunspot number declines until the next winding sets up the next decoupling event.

The Earth has an unequal rotation. The core rotates slightly faster than the crust. This is a by-product of the moon's slowing of the earth by the conversion of the earth's angular momentum into the moon's linear motion away from earth in a complex exchange of energy rooted in the tides and earth's equatorial bulge. The main magnetic field of the earth is generated by the unequal rotation of the earth's interior and exterior structures. The details result from molten subsurface plumes that drive the continents and volcanoes. When the main magnetic field decouples in processes similar to what happens in the sun, then chaotic secondary fields dominate until the main field rebuilds in opposite orientation to what it was before the decoupling. We are now somewhere in the middle of a geomagnetic reorientation event. As the structures of the earth change more slowly that in the sun, it will take at least as long to rebuild the main magnetic field as it took to weaken. The field has been weakening for over a hundred years.

The whole link to it is here: syzygyastro.hubpages.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
I mention this because of the stories about this region being very cavernous and the fact that one of the 'Hollow Earth' entry points is just a couple hours north of Knoxville/Seymour area, in Kentucky. I believe it is one of two cave systems; The Mammoth Cave System and the Bat Cave.

I've been to Mammoth Cave and it is beyond words. One thing that most people don't realize is the cave is still being mapped. When my husband and I was there is 2009 they had discovered 365 miles, I just checked and today the number is 390. One of the guides told us that a team of volunteers (usually 3) set out and trek through the cave for about a day to reach the last measurement point. They then map for another day, then pack up and trek back out. Those are some dedicated volunteers! Point being, there is no telling just how big it really is and where else it might connect to.

It is some fascinating stuff!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

That sounds plausible, at least as far as being unable to rule it out completely.

I remember some threads on ATS a while back that focused on the magnetic pole shift theory. One piece of evidence that was talked about quite a bit was the fact that airports were being forced to change the runway headings to compensate for a shifted pole.

A lot of people were expecting to see even more movement in the magnetic poles, but I am not sure if there was ever any updates or new information available on the subject...

reply to post by OneisOne

The schools I went to were all located within about 15 acres of land. There was an elementary, and intermediate school on one side of the road and the middle and high schools on the other.

The middle school is in a building that looks similar to a giant barn, built in the '60s as the high school. Since then, another school was built only a few hundred feet apart, basically in the back yard of the old school - where the middle school was moved too when the new HS was completed.

In the back of the old 'barn' looking school there is a cement block wall, it looks like it was placed there as a spot for the dumpsters. It does hold the dumpsters, but it wasn't built solely for that. There is a massive cave behind those cinder blocks.

The entry point remained open for several years, until it was decided to wall it off, due to the kids drifting into the cave. I know I would be one of the first kids wanting to get a look inside the cave! There is nothing like a great mystery when your a kid.

The cave is rumored to extend north, all the way to Kentucky, where it merges with the Mammoth or Bat Cave systems.

I am not sure if it does, because I don't think it has ever been fully mapped. However, it was proven that the cave extends from behind the school all the way to another entry/exit point in South Knoxville. I believe the location is near an abandoned quarry, named 'Meade's Quarry'.

People used to swim there quite often, but mostly they just dump stolen vehicles. There was also a rumor that the bottom of the quarry have never been measured.

In the rumor is the idea that a massive sink hole collapsed during active quarrying, flooding with water so quickly that the massive machinery had to be abandoned and remains on the bottom, where ever that may be.

reply to post by miner49r

No, I didn't hear the Morristown event. It is 20-25miles away, as birds fly, and may be further than that, depending on it's location within Morristown.

reply to post by chisisiCoptos

Hi chisisi!

I can see where it could be compared to a jet's thrusters and maybe a helicopter (if what you heard weren't jet thrusters or helicopters).

I am not certain we we hearing the exact same source, based on the duration you heard it. Depending on your proximity to me, it could be possible you were only hearing/feeling the loudest/deepest roars of the sound.

reply to post by apokalupsis33vital

I've had to consider the same things. I am doing my best to keep and open mind and, in my opinion, that means considering some of the more 'outlandish' possibilities, as well as the most acceptable.

In one of my posts, I mentioned that something pretty big seems to happen within days or hours of hearing this... or seeing the strange animal activity. The animal behavior could be connected to the sounds in some way, I suppose, I just don't know...

edit on 16-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone was still hearing these noises...

The Atlanta thread died long ago.

One hypothesis of a Mass Effect 3 viral marketing campaign started to sound legit

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I heard back from Puterman. The seismo was moot. There was nothing there that could suggest a harmonic tremor of any sort. Sorry Esteay, I am am running out of ideas. I wish I could have been there. What you experienced sounds scary, but kind of cool in a way.

On a different note, The Karst theory over in Morristown I did find some information on here on heavy rains triggering earthquakes.

Heavy rain can trigger earthquakes

The Official story now from what I hear is mining or quarry activity. It may be interesting to plot the local quarries and mines in the area. Some how I still don't buy the mining and quarry theory, but who knows... I may be wrong.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Greetings from Washington state....came here searching for some answers. Last night at 2:25am as I was going to sleep, all of a sudden I heard a very loud sound almost as if it were a cruiser ship's horn right outside of my window. My wife was already asleep and woke up saying "what was that!?" Immediately following that horn sound, there was an constant low droning rumble in the sky..."that sound" everyone describes hearing. This went on for 5+ minutes...went outside and didn't see a thing. There are two bases in the area - McChord and Fort Lewis - so there are planes and helicopters in and out all the time but this sound was completely different. I do not live in a city near the water or port where a ship's horn could have been heard and nobody in the area has such a boat. This was extremely loud, sounded like it was directly outside of my window pretty much. Not sure if anyone else from WA visits this thread, but I heard it!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I have heard and read all the threads on the sounds and watched the videos. but has anyone even thought of the idea yet to try and follow the sounds. A good frequency meter would help determine the strength and possibly the direction of the sound. If the source can be found this would be a major start. Then to video the area and see if it is fenced off or not, or if there is a cave there. Or just who knows what would be found in the area, Take a good GPS and log the Long. and Lat. of the area. It is clear we are not going to get any offical answers so this now leaves it up to us to get to the bottom of it. None of us are dumb, we all have a good thinking brain or we would not be here in the first place. But as always these are just my thoughts and my ideas, but if anyone does it please post the results so we all can see ok.
edit on 18-2-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join