It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Back; Strange Sound Phenomena Returns to East Tennessee!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Early this morning, @ 3.45a, I was awoken by a slight vibration that caused a little rattle in my home's walls.

I woke up because of the 'wall rattle', more so than feeling the vibration that produced the rattle.

It lasted about 1hr 15mins. It was very similar, if not precisely the same as the other instances I have experienced in the past couple years.

I am opening this thread to get the info out there, hopefully there is someone who may have more information about the event or other witness accounts.

I would have opened it early this morning, as it was going on, but I have done that before and it has yet to produce anything a thread opened later could - aside from too much excitement, too early.

Details:

Time:
3.45a EST

Duration:
1hour 15mins (approx.)

Seymour, TN - Sevier County (Sevier Co. is home to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, TN. It is on the south border of Knox County and the city of Knoxville. It is east of Blount County and the cities of Maryville and Alcoa --> yes, Alcoa Aluminum for anyone curious)

Description:
A very low pass frequency sound, resembling that of deep bass. The sound would vary in intensity and Hz. Although the tone did seem to fluctuate in pitch, from a higher range to lower, it never left the low pass range associated with deep bass.

I will link the previous threads in a few moments. There were some very strange things going on around here recently, including odd bird behavior. There was even a bird die-off of a few thousand birds, with hundreds of birds landing on my property.

I did report hearing the strange phenomena before the strange bird activity and die-off. Most recently, there was more peculiar bird activity, but, until now, nothing strange has occurred since. (No, I am not claiming there is a direct relation, just speculating on possibilities.)

There was some very intense looking weather fronts coming through here today. I went to the local 'Food City' (Comparable to Kroger's, Publix, HarrissTeeter, etc) and noticed the strange clouds.

They were very black or dark grey, the blue sky could be seen beneath them on the horizon and above them - because the front hadn't completely covered the sky.

On the way home I noticed it was more than just ominous looking frontal clouds, well, it was more than that in my opinion. Driving home, I reached the top of a 'foothill', known locally as 'Ford Hill'. From atop Ford Hill you can see a couple miles in all directions.

The view atop Ford Hill revealed that the clouds, just as I described before, were completely surrounding Seymour! The sky above Seymour was clear, with hazy white looking clouds that allowed the blue of the sky to show through, but the horizon in all directions was connected by a very dark cloud front.

I don't know what you call something like that, but I would not call it normal. It may not be related to the strange noise earlier this morning, but odd enough I thought I should mention it. Maybe it will spark someone's memory and help understand what's going on around here.

Edited to Add:

I looked @ the Morristown thread, linked below by Doodle. I didn't realize loud booms were reported there. From the descriptions, the eyewitness reports vary in that the noise was dissimilar from what I heard this morning and several other times over the past couple years.

I don't mean to suggest they are not related. Instead, I'd say I am more curious to know if the sounds are related and the 2 differing noises can help identify the general source. Hopefully we can use this angle to make some progress to identify one, or both of these events.

edit on 13-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gonna be in PF next weekend so I will be following this closely.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Hey Doodle! Thanks for linking that thread here. Morristown is not far from here at all. Through the air, maybe 20-25+/- miles. I'll check out the thread, I'd be curious to know if there are many people who are disagreeing with the explanations offered so far.

I know the probability is near impossible, but I have to wonder if this could be anything similar to what we've seen from N. Korea and the 'artificial earthquake' detecting in the past days? That would mean underground nuclear testing on some scale is taking place. It's hard to believe, but I won't rule it out - simply because I have found no certain and proveable explanation.

I suppose something similar could definitely be possible in this region, after-all, Oak Ridge National Laboratories is roughly the same distance from Seymour as Morristown is. In fact, I believe Seymour, ORNL, and Morristown form a sort of triangle.

Hope you have a good time here. The weather has been much warmer than usual, so you might not want to go skiing at Ober. Is the Grand Rod Run going on while you're here?

If you get bored with the go carts, t-shirt shops, hiking, and traffic, you can always blast over to Cherokee and hit up Harrah's! Let me know if you do, I'll cross my fingers and hope you hit the jackpot.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is interesting to me, thank you for sharing this OP. This seems to happening more and more these days, has to be an explanation... Hopefully a good one.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seabiscuit

Hi SeaBiscuit!

I am glad you're interested in this. The more interest, the more likely a solid explanation can be revealed. I just hope it is nothing that can effect health.... I probably wouldn't know for year and years anyway, by then it's be too late to make a difference.... Let's hope like mad this has nothing to do with anything that could negatively impact our health.

Obviously, I haven't linked the other threads yet, but if your interested, feel free to hit my profile page and scan down the thread list. The relative threads are pretty easy to pick out, by title.

Edit:

Congratulations on your induction into ATS as a full-fledged member! You made initiation look easy! Maybe we need to talk to the mods about increasing the hazing requried during new member pledge periods! haha, just kidding, of course. Hope to see you author a lot of good stuff on ATS!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I see a Morristown, TN boom report again as well but I haven't checked it out yet for when. How far apart are you and were your sounds around the same time as the booms in Morristown?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Hi i and thank you for the response.

And now that i have reached 20 posts i can SnF a thread as i shall this one.

I will have a look though your profile and the information on this topic.

Hopefully it doesn't affect our health, who knows it could just be mother earth having a rant at us humans

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Wait....what?! Nuke testing in East TN?

I like your train of thought. I would have never put the two together. Will definitely be watching this with wide open eyes now.

Thanks for the well wishes for the jackpot. We try to make it out to PF about every three months. Ya know, escape reality. Usually most of our time is spent in the hot tub on the balcony of the cabin. We don't venture out to the real word unless I am to lazy to cook a meal.

In Jan of 2010 my hubby and I went over, and the whole way there he was praying for us to get snowed in. He prayed too hard and fast because we were almost snowed out! I have to say that I would love to see those snow covered mountain peaks this time around.

I would be so sad if your thoughts about the testing were proven true. Paired with the die offs, I can see how your concerns have some merit. Might be time for me to find a different vacation spot.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Hmmmm if this is it, it has the same weird signature as the last one..
no start up, or wind down, just a solid vibration same size the whole time
and then nothing..

sizmo chart click here

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Thank you OP...S & F...It's me first time hearing about the rumblings going
on in E Tennessee. I have family in the Tri-Cities area so I will see if any of
them felt or heard anything & will report back.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Holy crap! That seismograph reading looks like the one from here:

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

EXACTLY but the time is different. Again, it's a steady vibrational hum (powerful!) followed by a pulsed jump and then more pulses. Fade out immediate.

As I said on the other thread about this, this HAS to be mechanical or man made. Can HAARP do this? Underground mechanicals of some sort? Most definitely not explosions or tannerite.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Send the seismos to Trueamerican or Puterman. They will take a listen and see what is going on.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
OP, which one of these seismograph stations is closest to your location? I'm not familiar with that part of the country. Once you figure that out, check out the proper time frame for readings. Should be interesting, to say the least.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I went through all of the seismos from that list I just posted. Many of them have a lot going on in the early morning hours, others are dead quiet. None of them look like that pulsed thing that happened on two different readings, though.

Very strange. Any seismologists here on ATS we could recruit to read these?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Post your information on Quake Watch 2013 and ask. There are a few experts over there, like Puterman.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Hi Rez!

Well, there are some rural areas in this region, as-well-as suburban, and little to no urban environments. I have to imagine that, if there is a relationship between these reports, the terrain also plays a role, since foothills can effect the distance a sound remains audible.

Another variable that makes the relative distance and source more difficult to pinpoint is the fact that sound travels and different sounds travel differently.

Bass is less of a directional tone than that of a high-pass frequency - meaning a low-pass freq. is more likely to be heard in differening directions over a larger area than a high-pass freq would . A high-pass frequency travels a long way, but it quickly disipates in the areas it is not aimed at.

I would assume, excluding all the variables mentioned above
& based on purely physical distance, we would probably be within the 25+/- mile range.

Although, if the reports are coming from the far east side of the Morristown area, then the distance could go up as much as 20+ additional miles.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I think that if you look at this list here, the Green Top location would be closest to the OP.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

its a very unusual reading thats for sure, almost has to be mechanical,
but what the heck could cause that reading and the rumble and shaking..

just bizzar, not sure about haarp, i've never really read much about it, i know its
there, but as far as what they can and cant do i couldnt tell ya.

nothing unusual showing at spaceweather either.
edit on 13-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Oh, too funny, I was just about to message you! Step away for a drink, then poof there you are.

Did you hear or feel this?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Look at this one:

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join