It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret message spread across music

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have listened extensively to bands like skinny puppy, david bowie, depeche mode, SWANS, angels of light, sisters of mercy, and others and they all seem to mention a connection to to some higher knowledge and drop clues to such things that affect our lives without us noticing unless we look in the right places. Im not going to reveal to much of the mystery here as i find it hard to explain, it's just something that can be understood, something like psychic connections to knowledge and wisdoms. Certain songs from these bands may open your minds to something more grand than say, other modern artists who have no connection to this. The references actually track back to the 60s-70s to today. As far as ive observed.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Im not going to reveal to much of the mystery here as i find it hard to explain, it's just something that can be understood

If you did not want to get into it, or as much as even provide an example of said music,(like lyrics, or a song name) what exactly is the purpose of this thread? This IS the place to "reveal" such things.
edit on 13-2-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

Yea it's true, certain ways of thinking/perceiving/seeking can lead to altered existence, many times leading to bizarre, enlightening, and even terrifying experiences.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ground control to major Tom, your circuits dead, there's something wrong

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I agree with Thesmokingman-- you're "not going to get into it" or post examples? You've failed your own thread.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Or could the lyrics be referencing the "secret message" to lure in people to buy their music; people that want to feel special because they have found the "secret message" and now are so hip that they need to go and buy another pair of skinny jeans and converse basketball shoes from Urban Outfitters.

The entertainment business knows demographics.

edit on 13-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm gonna give the OP a hand. Now everyone!~ Sit back~! Clear your head and listen to the music and words. And remember I'm just as lost as you~ Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

www.youtube.com...

i'm not sure why it didn't embed right >

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Musicians alluding to some sort of mysticism or secret / ancient knowledge? That is certainly a new concept!

Lyrical ambiguity is by design 99% of the time.
edit on 13-2-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Originally posted by thesmokingman

If you did not want to get into it, or as much as even provide an example of said music,(like lyrics, or a song name) what exactly is the purpose of this thread? This IS the place to "reveal" such things.
...because that would do them no justice.

The deep down meaning within Ogre's lyrics(Skinny Puppy), is something that cannot be fully understood without putting forth the effort to do so.

Many Skinny Puppy lyrics may look like nonsensical gibberish, upon first glance. Only those whom are willing to put forth the effort, will begin to understand the messages he sends, and see just how brilliant Ogre truly is.

edit on 2/13/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Instead of listening to bands that tip toe around it, why not give a few that smack you in the face with it, a chance?

Disturbed, Ozzy, even the Rolling Stones, tell it like it is, in their lyrics...

And bands like Creed, show it from the other side!

Bottom line:

Music, or more specifically, the rythym of sounds, coupled with chords of harmony, are scientifically proven to unlock parts of the mind! Help recall memories! And even affect certain behaviors, beyond the norm...

If this key to our sub-conscious, could ever be completely cracked, music would become a weapon...

Think about it...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
try led zepplins stairway to heaven backwards that will cook your noodle
or read up on tavistock institute

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Yup music is a great tool to awaken the mind. It did the trick for me when i was 16 and growing older. Back then i didn't pay much attention to it but the lyrics and the meaning of the songs still penetrated my mind and in the following years i started to awaken slowly to the true meaning of the lyrics. It has been mostly hip hop that awoken me with artists like Dead Prez, Jedi mind tricks < saw them on stage , Beast 1333, Immortal Technique < went to his show 2 was FIRE, he was talking pure knowledge. These days i listen to almost anything if it got good lyrics and a nice beat.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
As i said, its difficult for me to articulate. I see though a formation of events that came after this music was published leading me to believe that some kind of message was delivered through them, perhaps by something psychic or able to give us words while we are in a poetic mode. I have viewed this effect with my own life as a songwriter. I wrote certain songs that came true in different ways for me, both negative or postive.
edit on 13-2-2013 by truthermantwo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
John Kosh Documentary Excerpt - Abbey Road

there's a whole bunch of stuff on this subject. I heard it on the radio show "ground zero" the other night. if you what the story go to this link: Ground Zero

SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE

feb 11 2013

When I was a kid, music was made by superheroes. Many of them only appeared as stick figures in an arena but it was the music and the performance that made them larger than life. Albums were pressed on vinyl back then and there were usually added bonuses with the records – like full pull out posters, unreleased singles, liner notes from the band and lyrics so that you could sing along. To my parents, the rock stars were more than men, they were far more sinister. They were devil worshippers, blood-spitting antichrists and evil incarnate.

more at Ground Zero www.groundzeromedia.org...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a David Bowie song with lyrics that I don't think has been given the attention it deserves round these parts. It was playing on the big screen at a movie I went to two nights ago:

Wake up you sleepy head
Put on some clothes, shake up your bed
Put another log on the fire for me
Ive made some breakfast and coffee
Look out my window what do I see
A crack in the sky and a hand reaching down to me

All the nightmares came today
And it looks as though they're here to stay

What are we coming to
No room for me, no fun for you
I think about a world to come
Where the books were found by the golden ones
Written in pain, written in awe
By a puzzled man who questioned
What we were here for
All the strangers came today

Oh you pretty things (oh you pretty things)
Don't you know you're driving your
Mamas and papas insane
Mamas and papas insane
Let me make it plain
You gotta make way for the homo superior

Look at your children
See their faces in golden rays
Don't kid yourself they belong to you
They're the start of a coming race
The earth is a bitch
We've finished our news
Homo sapiens have outgrown their use
All the strangers came today

Mamas and papas insane
Mamas and papas insane
Let me make it plain
You gotta make way for the homo superior

edit on 13-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo
As i said, its difficult for me to articulate. I see though a formation of events that came after this music was published leading me to believe that some kind of message was delivered through them, perhaps by something psychic or able to give us words while we are in a poetic mode.

Or pitch and vibration and how they relate. When I hear Jeff Buckley or Janice or Eva sing, when I hear Jimi play the strings, I hear something exquisitly sweet and pure, otherworldly. I feel the sound play in me and something or somewhere, hidden and secret inside, soars.

I think there is a third ear to accompany the third eye, (perhaps the pineal gland serves both meta-senses?) and that this second-hearing could be likened to a star-gate or a 'plugging-in' to the universe, where the music both originates and is sourced.
edit on 13/2/2013 by teapot because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
sound and music, direct connection to the fabric that patterns existense.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
OP, are you talking about UFO's? Lucy in the sky with diamonds? Look up, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Superman? I bet you think this song is about you? MacArthur Park is melting in the dark? Short people? Somewhere over the rainbow? Last Train to Clarksville? A wing and a prayer? Brown shoes don't make it? Season of the witch? Someone's knocking at the door, open the door, and let him in? Silver strands among the gray? On the good "ship" lollipop?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i just feel that ive put myself in some personal alternate reality by making music and hearing so many messages from others. i wrote this before i started hearing voices that were similar to how i sound in the song. i originally meant mass media manipulation and such.

and this one too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join