It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Final Pope will be....Cardinal Taracisio Pietro (Peter) Evasio Bertone (an Italian, fr Rome)..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Cardinal Bertone was appointed by Benedict to be the current Secty of State of the Vatican. The Vatican Secty of State (Cardinal) will be the acting pontiff during the period of "sede vacante" prior to the election of a new Pope by the College of Cardinals. Also Benedict has appointed 22 cardinals during his term and now have of the Cardinal electors are European with half of those Italian....so he is stacking the deck in favor of "Peter" Bertone (of Rome). Furthermore, Bertone is at the center of a Vatican conspiracy to keep the details of The Third Secret of Fatima secret. Finally, Benedict may have planned to resign as early as 2009 when he visited the tomb of the last pope to resign hundreds of years ago (Celestine V)...and may have been a willing participant in the Malachy papal prophecy line by selecting the name Benedict even tho he was never a priest of the Benedictine Order. The next pope will also follow that line and select the name "Peter.....the Roman."

Source: Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here; by Tom Horn and Chris Putnam
edit on 13-2-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

nothing in life is an accident every thing is planned out.

they will make the prophecy come to life...

how can you rebel against what you think is gods will.

its all about what we believe.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Huh. Never heard of the prophecy leading to this, but it warrants further reading. And now I'm going to have to learn to read Latin. Thanks, guy!

Interesting how the shoe-horning appeared to occur for Popes in the years following publication of the prophecy, though. I would have thought either they'd deliberately veer to avoid published prophecies, or it would be more obvious why they'd want any particular one to come true.

What's the end game? TEOTWAWKI? Are they looking to collect insurance on their city-state?

Strange.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

But if the coming papal conclave really wanted to drum up the doomsday talk, as well as sales for "Petrus Romanus," all they'd have to do is elect one of the leading candidates: Ghanaian Cardinal Peter Turkson, a member of the Roman Curia. Even though church tradition would forbid any pope from taking the name Peter II, Turkson could arguably be described as Peter the Roman. Others suggest that he could be the "young red black one" mentioned in the similarly cryptic doomsday prophecies of Nostradamus.

Link

Peter Turkson

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Source: Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here; by Tom Horn and Chris Putnam

I've been wanting to get that book. Thanks for the reminder. They have a follow up book about the Vatican and space alien stuff. Not that I buy into everything these guys write, but it'll make for fun reading when stuck inside due to a snow storm or something ....

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Peter Turkson certainly warrants the speculation that he is receiving....Not to sound racsist but if Black is the Anti-White and white signifies purity and the POTUS is (half) black and some speculate that he is the Anit-Christ then it makes sense that the last pope....the Anti-Pope could be black also.....and his name is Peter. Also the globalists want to open up Africa to further exploit their resources so he could be useful in sanctioning that enterprise. But my money is on Bertone because he appears to be hand selected by Benedict and the votes are there.

edit on 13-2-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Is the OP your words, or the words of Tom and Chris? If that is a quote, it should be tagged as such. Also, can you provide us with a link to this information? Thanks.

...and may have been a willing participant in the Malachy papal prophecy line by selecting the name Benedict even tho he was never a priest of the Benedictine Order. The next pope will also follow that line and select the name "Peter.....the Roman."

This really comes as no surprise, and is purely logical thinking on Tom's part. That the church would "conspire" to give "prophecy" a helping hand is expected when it comes to religion. As I said in another thread today. There are those who would do anything possible to maintain the control that religion affords them over the masses.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He's the one I've been betting on.

I hope the prophecy is bunk but after 111/112 being pretty much spot on it seems pretty solid.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The prophecy itself had a lot of help from the RCC in its fulfilment in the recent past. So it wouldn't surpise anyone if it had further help. However, it is unlikely the Church will dismantle itself or cause the city of Rome to be destroyed just to fulfil the prophecy.

So the likely reason for the Church to have helped the prophecy all along could be to disprove the immediate applicability of the last line. This can be done by electing a Pope, whose name does not contain Peter or any variant there of and also ensure that there will be another Pope in quick succession. So quite likely we may see non-Peter elected to be Pope and he too resign in short order.

That would help the Church shore up some credibility (after all the prophecy was the work of a Catholic) and push the end of times to an unspecified date into the future.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Ratzinger announced his resignation on 11-2-13. According to St Malachy, the last pope is the 112th pope (Europeans put the day before the month when they write the date).

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

With what we know about AIDS, one of the best methods would be to continue to educate, to give birth control and to push for the use of condoms to help the solve the problem.

Cardinal Bertone seems to be comfortable in the pockets of Governments and the BIG PHARMA rather than looking at 21 century methods of population control and eradication of the AIDS virus.

Support for universal and free access to anti-AIDS drugs

On Friday, June 22, 2012, in an online news story article by Cindy Wooden of Catholic News Service (CNS), it was reported that, in a conference in Rome on the prevention of the transmission of AIDS from mothers to children sponsored by the lay Community of Sant'Egidio (which runs the DREAM project, a free AIDS prevention/treatment program in 10 African countries), the Cardinal Secretary of State urged that full and easy access to antiretroviral drugs be made free worldwide (these are drugs, such as AZT, that can treat, and in some cases, can prevent people from getting, AIDS; they do not presently cure AIDS once it has infected someone). Cardinal Bertone acknowledged that the only way this would be remotely feasible, especially in Africa- where the efforts would be most needed and focused- would be through a collaborative effort involving aid groups, governments, donors, medical groups, pharmaceutical companies, and churches.[22]

Although this is admirable and needed it is not the answer to long term solution's and stands to incorporate even greater power in the hands of the pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
His coat of arms already bear the Keys of Peter and the Sign of the Interregnum period...

en.wikipedia.org...

Is it already decided?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
What will happen if cardinal Bertone is elected by 2/3 but with strong opposition from 1/3 cardinals from Third World? Will they walk out of the conclave and not accept the election? The new rules of election stipulate that after a certain period of time of no-election, the majority is lowered to 50%+1. If so, cardinal Bertone is certainly elected. Will it happen indeed? Card. Ratzinger was elected with great majority, but he was 78 and expected sooner or later to step down or die. This is already a fact, his noble resignation. However, will the world's catholic church bear another Vatican insider cardinal to be pope after the 8 years of Ratzinger? And after John Paul II who was definitely not an insider and did tremendous job for the church and the world? I honor pope Benedict, but it is a time the Catholic church to show it is CATHOLIC not only Roman. The majority of the Catholics do not live in Rome, EU, and have completely different problems in the Third World. let face the reality of 21st century. Or the Church will face prophecies, told and untold, of Malachi, fatima etc.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
To avoid the absurd of yet another deep Vatican insider pre-selected in secrecy to papacy, an event that will reflect in inevitable schism of the most populous catholic countries who will feel betrayed yet another time,...

... I suppose UNANIMOUS VOTE for the archbishop of the biggest diocese in the biggest catholic country in the world, Odilo Pedro Scherer, Cardinal-Archbishop of São Paulo.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here; by Tom Horn and Chris Putnam

Okay .. I went and got that book Friday morning. I thought it was awful. There were some good things in it. I learned a few things. But for the most part, I found it to be just some evangelical types who snuck in snide remarks about Catholic theology and their logic was off.

I started a thread on the book here - Petrus Romanus in the ATS literary forum.

What I didn't get ..... they spent a long time slamming Catholic theology in regards to Mary. But then in the last chapter they spent a long time slamming the Catholic management (popes and cardinals) because they allegely suppressed the messages of Fatima and LaSallette etc etc.

If the Catholics supposedly are all entangled in evil because of their belief that Mary can interceed before God ... and that the apparitions of Mary are therefore either evil or false .. then why are they all in an uproar over the messages of Mary being suppressed? Why do they care what the messages say? It didn't make sense.

For disclosure .. I totally disagree with their fundamentalist christian theology in regards to Mary, the role that the 'dead' can play, and the afterlife in general.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

More likely his resignation date has to do with the Feast of Lourdes being on that date .. and also that he's basically giving the Vatican the two weeks notice that people give their employers.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
petrus is peter or pietro ?

does a middle name count ?

won't he take a papal name ?

why isn't the prophecy pietro of italy ?
edit on 16-2-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The name 'Peter' in the prophecy doesn't matter.
EVERY pope is considered to be a 'peter' .. standing in peter's shoes.
IMHO ... the 'peter' in the prophecy is just another name for pope ... it's irrelevant.

MY PREDICTION SHORT LIST ....

1 - Cardinal Angelo Scola from Milan.
2 - Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone who is Vatican Secretary of State.
3 - Cardinal Agostino Vallini who is Vicar of Rome

And I'll even give you the name. Pius XIII. Scola may surprise us and go with John Paul III or Paul VII. But generally I'm thinking it'll be Pius XIII.

The name that the pope takes gives a clue as to the direction of his papacy. Pius popes are no-nonsense popes. They are historical period popes. And I believe we are entering an historic period, both for the Catholic church and the world in general. And, because Benedict promoted Cardinals heavily from the Italians, I believe he has stacked the deck for the next pope to be back on track with the Italians. The pope is the Bishop of Rome, and the Italians like having an Italian Bishop of Rome.

Anyways, that's my prediction. We'll find out in a month or so if I get it right or not.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012newstart

that is strange. seems it was changed in wiki on the 8 oct 2012.
This is it before then
en.wikipedia.org...:Kard_Bertone_Tarcisio.jpg

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
won't he take a papal name ?

Popes can keep their own name or take a new name. Catholic tradition is that when a person enters a religious order, they are given a new name to go with the new life they are leading. The last pope to keep his own name was in the 1500's .. the last time a pope resigned was in the 1400s ....

The name a pope takes will give you a clue about the flavor of his papacy.

As I said .. the Pius popes were all the no nonsense in historical times types.
Paul is a 'reaching out to non Catholics' name. Ecumenical.
John is a deeper spiritual name. Concentration on the spiritual.

Previous Pope Names

Peter? Basically all popes are peter.
They dont' take the name out of respect for ST. Peter, but they are all peters ...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join