It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Household Items That Could Save Your Life in a Zombie Apocolypse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
We are getting ready to restock and we'll be going gluten free this time. So in my search for gluten free long-term storage food supplies (I found some), I found this article. It's funny ... but it also gives good hints for apocolypse type survival.

10 household items that could save your life in a zombie apocolypse

A shovel, Bleach, Blanket/Towel, A knife, Spray paint, Tin foil, A hammer, Gasoline, Lighter, Toilet paper

Read the article to see why each of those could be a lifesaver in a zombie apocolypse .. OR ANY APOCOLYPSE. (the info is too long to post here)

The 'tin foil' thing made me laugh. First thing I thought of was that they'd say it was for the tin foil hat that conspiracy folks and TEOTWAWKI folks are teased about wearing. But no ... they made good points about why this common household item can save lives ...

Tin foil – When the zombie apocalypse hits, you should keep a roll of tin foil handy to help cook your food in the campfire. The foil doesn't burn and it can be reused. Or, on a hot day, you can fashion the tin foil into a solar cooker. Plus, you can use the reflective side to signal aircraft overhead. Finally, you can wrap the aluminum foil around your arms, legs and neck because even zombies hate the sensation of biting down on tin foil.

Zombies hate the sensation of biting down on tin foil, sure ..
But the foil can be used for cooking in a campfire and can also wrap around you to help keep you warm in a last resort.

Feel free to add any other 'common household items' that can be used in an apocolypse, and their uses.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Mindless people wandering around looking to eat you because of your superior intellect. Heck, that's daily life...

Forget the Zombie apocalypse.

Just sign up to Facebook and experience the real thing...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
ok maybe not household item but a box or marbles scattered on the floor should keep those pesky Zombies busy for quite some time....they are not too steady on their feet at the best of times...
Oh, and a big Bertha golf club to whack the blighters whilst they are rolling around the floor or a sand wedge, ye probably go with the sand wedge. you could take a good sized divot out of a Zombies potato with one of those bad boys...

edit on 13-2-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Where is the gun? How could they forget THAT?

How un-amurican of them!

Maybe that was a "given".

Seriously, if there was a zombie apocalypse, what would you do with your outdoor-survialcamp if you live downtown LA or New York or Chicago? This bag should contain items specific for the circumstances. I doubt that I would have a use for spray paint, for example.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
I doubt that I would have a use for spray paint, for example.

Spray the zombies .. or the bad guys .. in the eyes.
They can't get ya' if they can't see ya!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Mindless people wandering around looking to eat you because of your superior intellect. Heck, that's daily life...

Forget the Zombie apocalypse.

Just sign up to Facebook and experience the real thing...

^^^

edit on 13-2-2013 by Soloprotocol because: thumb the wrong way up...oops

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
While I'm not sure if many people know they have one...most homes do.

But a Crowbar is numero uno...in my book.
Besides the common survival items, this jewel will do wonders to a cadavers cranium.
Think about it, a zombie is practically rotting away, so it's like a hot knife in butter!

SPLAT!

A Crowbar has multiple uses besides fending off the living dead.
You can enter and exit multiple doorways, windows and cubbyholes.
You can pry open practically anything with a jamb, and even use it to climb!
The uses are endless, as long as you are creative.

Wait...

No. You can't stir food with it. You may want to clean it off before too long.
Especially after dispatching a black blood filled blister of a dead corpse.

Okay not so endless.
My apologies...

Great find!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
A spade is a lot easier to dig with than a shovel, its designed to slice into the earth, a shovel has a larger blade designed to carry more material, its broader, the side turn upwards to stop material from falling of, and the front of the blade is 'dull' whereas a spade's blade has a fairly sharp edge. Just cannot understand why people started calling spades 'shovels'.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Aluminium cooking foil only hurts your teeth if you have Mercury based fillings, saliva acts as an electrolyte to form a sort of battery between the foil and teeth filling, the charge produced is what makes the tooth/teeth 'ache' .

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by ManFromEurope
I doubt that I would have a use for spray paint, for example.

Spray the zombies .. or the bad guys .. in the eyes.
They can't get ya' if they can't see ya!

How about spray painting, Help, SOS or Living Inside on the roof of a structure youre inhabiting. Its like none of you have ever watched a ZA movie

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

I'm thinking Zombies wouldn't feel the pain anyways ....
But the tin foil can still be wrapped around you for warmth.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

After watching literally hundreds of Zombie Apocalypse type movies I have come to the conclusion that in my preparations for such an event the number one item on my "must have" list is a cricket bat!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Here's an oldie but a goodie... Tampons in the first aid kit. Great for open wounds that are bleeding heavily. Especially wounds from a Zombie bite. Much better than a simple gauze pad...

Along that line, I also keep super glue in the Medical kit as well. Great for keeping smaller lacerations closed and protected. I use the stuff all winter long when my thumbs crack open..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

One they don't mention...DUCT TAPE

Seriously, it has so many uses.

1. You can make bite-proof armor out of it.
2. You could use it to make a portal impassable or at least slow down a zombie
3. Use it as a tripwire (a zombie on the ground is slower to catch up to you, and an easier target)
4. Band-aid
5. Restraint for someone who may be bitten
6. Use it to make makeshift reach weapons (attaching a sharp implement to a broomstick, etc.)
7. You can use it to add handles to just about anything

and those are just off the top of my head...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Lol, I never thought of duct tape uses in a zombie apoc

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I also keep super glue in the Medical kit as well.

Interesting keep a couple of 5 gallon buckets of super glue dump it in front of a zombie horde trying to eat you stops them in their tracks.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm sure it's more because it bonds skin instantly and makes a great in a pinch bandage...

Still though, your use is a pretty funny visual...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by neo96

I'm sure it's more because it bonds skin instantly and makes a great in a pinch bandage...

Still though, your use is a pretty funny visual...

Or squeeze the whole tube in a zombies mouth no more worries of getting bit.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Something also to consider is the type of zombie you might encounter.

The Generic Zombie is a reanimated human that shuffles and moans and is unable to move properly. Usually very aggressive, but not very fast

Romero Zombies are the zombies featured in the films of George A. Romero (and to an extent of lesser consistency, the entire Living Dead franchise). While Romero's work catapulted the zombie concept into the modern consciousness, he did reinvent the genre and transform the General Zombie concept into something slightly different. As such, Romero Zombies are not totally identical with the original Voodoo Zombie. Another difference is the source of the outbreak, which Romero has always left intentionally ambiguous

Zombies of Science are reanimated through a means that can be partially (or superficially) explained by an existing scientific concept. Most frequently, this is by way of a virus. They are the most common types of zombies, featured in many games, movies and novels, such as Max Brooks Zombies and Resident Evil

Intelligent Zombies, are zombies that retain their personality and intelligence, such as the zombies in Marvel Zombies, Undead or Alive and the house of night zombies AKA red flegings. Another example would be the Head Zombie in Romero's Land of the Dead. In fact, this can be spread to most if not all the zombies in the film, as they show reasoning skills. These zombies are exceedingly rare. Also, in Resident Evil they show the scientist's test subject proving that zombies (in those movies) can intellectually remember how to use the things that normal people can also use. However, if the zombies get angry they then go back to the barbaric mode of their life as a person (classical zombie mode)

zombie.wikia.com...

The list is long ,I just listed a few of them.
I would suggest preparing for any of them and hoping for the best.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Get a boat,.
for all we know,. zombies sink

top topics

<<   2 >>

join