It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strangest Trees on Earth:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Love them - real WOW factor - the toilet one should have been in the Hobbit Movie.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Great, thanks for the info boncho.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Really pleased to see what you have posted, especially the mushroom trees of Socra. However just round the corner from where I live with my family, we have the bleeding yew tree of Nevern, The story behind states that St. Byrnach came down from the mountain (Carn Ingi, The Mountain of Angles, this is also where the stones for Stone Henge came from) and founded a church as God required him to do, but a white pig would lead him to the sacred place. In Welsh mythology, the white pig is the guardian of the underworld. So this bleeding tree represents the connection between humanity and the after-life.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Cool trees
I'v always wanted a tree house, now I have a daughter, shes the perfect excuse to get one built in a few years

Here'/s a special Tree I'd like to add too, its in Bahrain and is about 400 years old. Its special because the tree is majorly isolated and how its been able to stay alive is a mystery. Google Earth ' Tree of Life'

Anyone feel like watching Lion King after seeing that picture? "I Just can't WAIT to be KING!"

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElleLachyme
Nice!

Here is on I find pretty interesting too.

That looks like a Spriggan from Skyrim

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by boncho

Even though this is thought to be man-made/designed

tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com...

this place always fascinated me!
edit on 13-2-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

Possibly a mega wind storm,or maybe a tsunami barelled through these trees when they were young saplings.
What we see in the pic are the survivors,forced into this shape,yet living past the event.
Or is it a tidal thing?
Hmmm,I know not-but thats a great photo.

these trees were knocked down during a storm and then continued to grow from that position. that is why they are curved and look broken at the base.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Those are some amazing trees, too, everyone!

It seems nobody's interested in the Xinhua page I linked to, so I'll throw up some images too:

edit on 13/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/2/13 by diqiushiwojia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Fantastic stuff, I can't imagine carving out a tree so big, with so much work, just to take a crap in it. lol

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wow, I love those huge trees. Their dimensions are totally mind boggling if you're not accustomed to encountering trees of such scale and majesty. Thanks for posting these great pictures

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
awesome, that one almost looks just like brocolli!

thanks so much for posting this. i can't wait to go see the redwoods in a few years

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I've been to that first picture you've posted in you OP. I drove through it and made it through by a couple centimeters with a F-150 Super crew truck. It was tight, but squeezable. And It was a bit strange, but to add some ATS funk here they had a pretty cool Bigfoot souvenir Shop at the end of the road.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Your Sick!

Creative pose for a picture maybe? Like a dance.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
reply to post by boncho

Even though this is thought to be man-made/designed

tywkiwdbi.blogspot.com...

One theory behind these is that they were originally made (by man) to bend this way so that they would be used during ship building (for boat ribs,compass timbers, keel parts, etc.) and retain their full strength as opposed to bending / warping after being cut down. However after the war they ended up not being used and continued to grow. No matter what they were there for they are still very cool. =)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

I can't open your links, please post them here. If your on a pc just upload them to ats and once it's uploaded click on image and it will tell you what to do.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gildenel

Okay. I usually upload, but I was feeling lazy.
I can still open them properly. Is Xinhua blocked in your country?

www.cq.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

Wow those are lovely. Thanks for that. I think it must be blocked here I'm in the uk, either that or there's something wrong with my Internet. Trees are amazing though aren't they.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Wow, cool find I like the 4th picture, I think it resembles a mystical place from a game.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join