It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VID* S.O.T.U. Full Speeches: Rand Paul's Rebuttal to Obama's SOTU & Marco Rubio's 'water gaffe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hate him or love him he is one of the only strong voices on Capitol Hill fighting to; stop NDAA, end ridiculous foreign aid, stop the internet censorship takeover, tone down foreign policy and military adventurism,end insane military and welfare spending, legalize industrial hemp, Audit the Federal Reserve AND Pentagon.

Summary:
-Congress needs to "READ THE BILLS!" or we need to "SWEEP THE PLACE CLEAN"
-Only thing bipartisan about D.C. is that nobody voted for Obama's spending bill.
-Limit size of government, adhere to Constitution and fight for the bill of rights
-Cut spending from both military and welfare, balance the budget
-Less regulation, more freedom, cut taxes
-No more foreign aid, especially to nations hostile to our own
-Cannot and will not let President to act as King, no kill lists, no executive orders to legislate

Below are videos from all three: Rand Paul, Rubio, Libertarian Party (Thanks Mr. Wendal), and Obama.

Rand Paul's Facebook page: www.facebook.com...

and what I thought was the funniest (many say most awkward) moment of the night.

Rubio's water gaffe:

GOP Establishment official response:

Official Libertarian Response:

Obama's State of the Union Address

edit on 12-2-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thank you for the summary.

Must say that the things you summarized are things that I could agree with.

The thing I want most is action but it seems all anyone want to do is talk about what we should do, instead of doing it.
edit on 12-2-2013 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Awesome rebuttal, agree with him 100%

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I watched Rubio's rebuttal, and to be honest I turned it off... however his drinking water looked beyond awkward as he tried to stare into the camera while reaching for, and drinking thew water. It was just creepy lol

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
He is right, all our country is doing right now is spending, spending, spending, and growing government , and at the same time spitting back in the faces of those that are being FORCED to pay for this insolence with even greater demands, and not just greater demands, but exponentially greater tax demands, while taking away rights..

If I were the type of person to constantly rip someone off like this, I too would want to take away their rights to defend themselves because I would be expecting retaliation for treating people like that, wouldn't anyone?

So, what we are seeing, and getting from our government is not really a surprise at all..

Another example is when in my hometown, they decided to ramp up fines and enforcement of traffic laws while at the same time changed the rules of court to where the ticketing officer was no longer requred to testify against you if you plead innocent and can now just write a note and now the judges just make their own decision if you are guilty or not.. This created a HUGE windfall for the city and county since the judges just laugh and bang their gavels..

But what is my point? They installed metal detectors near the court entrances at the same time as these rule changes happened and conduct searches now because they feel like someone might want to retaliate.
edit on 12-2-2013 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
lol at the water drinking.. must of had some dry mouth.. must of done something before they started rolling
he didn't seem "all there"

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Thank you for the summary.

Must say that the things you summarized are things that I could agree with.

The thing I want most is action but it seems all anyone want to do is talk about what we should do, instead of doing it.
edit on 12-2-2013 by jam321 because: (no reason given)

I agree, thats why I like Rand Paul, his voting record is top notch.

He is one of the few in the house that actually puts up fights against things that I think need to be fought.

He is leading the way for Kentucky to legalize industrial hemp, which I personally would LOVE to see.

edit on 12-2-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

his drinking water looked beyond awkward as he tried to stare into the camera while reaching for, and drinking thew water. It was just creepy lol

I'm sure SNL will have a ball with it.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

First I'd seen Rubio's contribution.
That is a dry, awkward mouth. He should start going by Moccassin Rubio.
edit on 12-2-2013 by burdman30ott6 because: Apparently my fingers are as dry and awkward as Rubio's mouth, as I mis-spelled the word "by"

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

No to cutting the military, other then that I think he is right on.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
and here is the Libertarian Party response for anyone interested.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Rubio, OMG why?

What on earth?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Rubio's water gaffe:

That was no gaffe...more like genius.

The water in that bottle comes directly from the pond jesus walked over...Republicans would know.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Can you expand some more on your idea of "cutting military"? That is such a broad term that can be taken any number of ways.

Let me ask you a few questions,

1. Should we pull out of Afghanistan?

2. Should we pull troops out of any one of the 148 Countries where we keep active duty military personnel?

3. Should we consider closing any one of the 900 bases overseas?

If you answered "yes" to ANY of those questions, you just agreed to cutting military spending.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yes, I agree.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

As always, great thread Presidente.

I will watch these videos when I can.

Do you have the link to the entire State of the Union address?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
FYI, I put up all the SOTU speeches while I still had the time to update the thread.

Oh and look at what I found

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
FYI, I put up all the SOTU speeches while I still had the time to update the thread.

Oh and look at what I found

At least Rubio has the cajones to not slap a retarded copyright/no-photoshop whimper on his internet likeness. Aside from that, yeah, he's a wet noodle. I view him as a placeholder potential damage control for the Latino voters for the next couple of years until Jeb Bush steps up to the plate. Jeb's popularity with Latinos in Florida wasn't artificially manufactured and he retired as Governor with a robust approval rating, including within the Latin demographic.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Rand Paul - one of the few people I'd like to see left standing in DC, after the SHTF and all the corrupt dust has settled.

"Truth fears no questions." ~unknown

F.T.G.

edit on 12-2-2013 by seasoul because: "Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth." - Gandhi

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

No to cutting the military, other then that I think he is right on.

Did you know adhering to the Constitution and a more humble foreign policy (through scaling down our military adventurism) is one in the same?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join