It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dorner news blackout! (But not for long...)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The media and police have been trying to black out news and feeds surrounding the Cristopher Dorner manhunt currently on in San Bernardino. If you listen to RadioReference.com, you'll notice that the site is currently down (maybe just overloaded), but luckily I managed to save the direct feed links. Open these in your browser and "Save as..." if you want to record them....

audio4.radioreference.com... (The main aggregate feeds of the sheriff / PD)
audio4.radioreference.com... (Channel 10)
audio4.radioreference.com... (Channels 6 / 7 ?)

Sorry if these aren't 100% accurate, I had to retrieve them from my browser cache (and then with some problems), but these are definitely live, definitely the correct scanners, and hardly close to what the MSM are reporting.
edit on 12-2-2013 by transmundane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
There isn't a black-out. Most news stations have been covering it live for the past several hours. I'm still watching it live.

Police have only asked that news stations with ships in the air to not broadcast live shots of police activity so as not to give away any tactical details to the suspect.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Police have only asked that news stations with ships in the air to not broadcast live shots of police activity so as not to give away any tactical details to the suspect.

Hes dead.

End of story.

There are no tactical details this man is receiving anymore.....

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I've had a live feed open for hours with no interruption or nefariousness.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by transmundane

Why haven't they done anything yet or said anything ? Maybe because it was the wrong person again

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

A number of stations I've been watching have said that the police have asked them to turn off scanners and pull back camera angles so there are no close-ups or details. On the ground, police have been telling people to stop tweeting and sharing information on Facebook. To a certain extent this makes sense, but this is an attempt at a blackout (of any useful information) by most standards. In any event, what the media have reported and what the police on the ground are saying aren't matching up. Maybe there's another word for "reporting but not anything useful"?
edit on 12-2-2013 by transmundane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Hes dead.

That's more than likely, however, there could've been a basement that he could still be hiding in. There could be some kind of escape tunnels. Not likely, but it ain't over until they physically find his body.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yep, I just posted in another thread that my 5-0 radio (police scanner) is completely blocked. I can't even listen to my own area which is in the midwest. Other friends with similar but different apps are reporting the same. I'm sure it's so he can't listen but I've never seen this happen before.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

As I said, maybe Radio Reference is just overwhelmed -- I simply provided the links to anyone who is just trying to connect.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by transmundane
To a certain extent this makes sense, but this is an attempt at a blackout (of any useful information) by most standards.

It's not a blackout. Any kind of information that could reveal police tactics and deployment could jeopardize the entire operation. If it was a blackout, police would have ordered all news ships out of the airspace and to stop broadcasting. That's not happening.

link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

I hear you.

For the life of me I don't believe there is anyway to survive this unless there was a tunnel.

For all this mans training, his expertise, he died the way i thought he would die. Most likely by his own hand.

link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
reply to post by transmundane

Why haven't they done anything yet or said anything ? Maybe because it was the wrong person again

There's a real possibility that there are booby-traps or that he's playing possum so as to pick off some first-responders. He seems (seemed?) pretty dedicated to taking as many as possible with him.

ETA: You really can't blame them for not wanting to go up there and poke him to see if he's really dead--nor, for that matter, to even see if he's still alive and can be saved... if you catch my drift....
edit on 2/12/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Police are reporting they heard a single gunshot from inside the cabin before it erupted into flames. Maybe he took his own life, maybe not.

top topics

join