It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I would assume they just want to keep him contained, no? I'm sure even at night they can have a thermal "eye in the sky" to spot if he makes a break for it.

I have a feeling this will end sooner, rather than later.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keven
Interestingly enough this is my first post. Trivial as that may be; I proceed.

I'm not sure why but a big part of me is rooting for this guy to escape again, not that I support the violence or all my tax dollars being spent searching for this guy, It just feels good that some can beat the system (however wrong they may be while doing so).

Sadly many people beat the system every day. Cops can commit crimes with impunity. Politicians can violate the constitution and declare illegal wars and assassinate Americans with drones ect.

Nothing happens to them.

Most of the people who beat the system are the ones who run it. But i see what you're saying, you want an average joe to beat the system. It's hard not to want that. Its hard because if what they say about this guy is true, then he has killed innocents.

But since the system is the one telling us how bad he is, it makes it harder to believe them. I think a lot of people are torn over the idea of rooting for this guy.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Highway 38 is back open again--no more car searches.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IamOutThere

True, but they said they have started using "tactical" channels. I guess he can't access them.

link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Tactically speaking, a resolution before dark falls is optimal. Given this individual, however, they may well wait it out and seek to deploy a robot into the cabin at first light. The last thing they want is to send a SWAT team into a booby trapped cabin and get blown up on the world stage.

link   
I can see that Dorner may have picked his spot well.It has a basement,if it is a true log cabin the wall's are thick log's and hard to shoot through.

Some reports say that he left the cabin fired on the officers.Then returned to the cabin.Could he have set up a bunker and lured the police there?

Reports now say he has been there for a couple day's.

link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Highway 38 is back open again--no more car searches.

Confirms he's in the cabin?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

That's a strong point. Even with current consumer available technology one could launch a few of these DIY Drones and not only monitor the house without risk of injury, but also possibly incapacitate him by blowing out a window and shooting him with an anesthetic dart or some other non-lethal solution. If the authorities were being creative at all that is.

link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by Libertygal

and after all the misreporting in the various shooting incidents of late, you'd think both media and police would attempt to be sure of their info before passing it on. Or not report it until it is verified.

Exactly. I am watching Fox because I know not many do, and it has almost been comical if it wasn't so serious. They are all acting like experts in everything, and speaking as if everything they have seen or read is fact.

The continue referencing the manifesto, which has been proven to have been edited.

The alleged hostage from the cabin that escaped, nor the ranger that FIRED on him, can firmly ID him? All they get is, "he resembles Dorner".

edit on 12-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Raud

Or that he's definitively not in it. One or the other. Given the circumstances? I'd think the conformation is probably positive.

link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Tell me why with all of todays bad ass technolagy why there isnt 5 of these mini spy copters equipped with camera buzzing all around the house looking in the windows. I mean really... there a few hundred bucks a piece..

You dont think there isnt? Even satellites could be deployed for the time it would take to aid the Police- The question becomes, what they actually are doing and whether they want to drag this all out. Alot of Public attention here and one huge mistake already resulting in Civilian injuries.

-I would bet they are using everything possible and I would also bet they know he is in there and are/have been surveiling the woods all around with drones/satilites/whatever they have-

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

What do you all think about the fact they continue to not show us what is happening live, despite them saying he has no access to cable? As if he will turn to the TV for his next tactical decision, what a farce!

Also they are still running checkpoints, which makes me wonder, how sure are they he is in that cabin?

link   
reply to post by Keven

Drones cannot shoot darts. Nor are they capable of sniper level fire. They can light the cabin up - but that would cause a huge backlash and would not be politically advisable as we're being told that the only drones over American skies are the type with cameras.

link   
Wow cabin on fire according to the scanner?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
My God how we glorify violence and death in America. Well at least it keeps us from looking at the REAL problems.

Stupid and contagious, here we are now entertain us..........Nirvana

link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by MDDoxs

Did you hear the part about the limo driver??
It was a prank call and they took him seriously....the guy actually said you dumbass this is a prank before he got cut off.

You called it.

I am just reading about that prank now. What a joke eh?

link   
Reports from CBS feed, says white smoke coming from the cabin now. Hwy 330 looks wide open now, cars coming down the mountain.

link   
CBS says they are shooting gas cannisters into the cabin and the cars aren't being searched anymore.

They just said "significant" amount of smoke is coming from the cabin.

Sounds like Waco

link   
Fire- you guys here?

link   
So front of the cabin has "fire" they are watching the backside for him to emerge

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join