It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christopher Dorner in gun battle with authorities, source says

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by The_Phantom
I just got here...Do they have him trapped in a cabin?

If he is in a cabin, why are they checking all the cars?
edit on 12-2-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

They don't know that he is trapped.. But also WHY NOT check the cars.. That would be a dangerous mistake to make if he got away don't you think?

They aren't watching all sides of the cabin? I heard they had a firefight with him in there. Anybody know if that is what they are saying? How would they not know if he leaves the cabin?
edit on 12-2-2013 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Just an observation. Cops sometimes do tend to be rather irritable and prone to violence ( personal experience talking - not anecdotal information ). If in one hour I've noticed this, it just occurs to me that somebody should have, by now, done some sort of study to see if this form of communication might not be contributing to their work stress and public relations problems.

link   
Bet you anything even once they storm the cabin and kill this target, they will keep the check points going.

People will accept it too.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

He could have a cell phone?? No? Cellphones this day are like little computers, what with all the apps, and internet capabilities. I'm a proud owner of a flip phone, so I'm not entirely sure what is available as a "disposable phone," these days. I'm sure my mobile is far behind even the cheap ones these days lol.

I'm really stunned at the intensity in this, Is he cornered? I have the CBS live feed going, but I am not sure what's going on, just tuned in. Talking about a man named Rick being car jacked, but I dunno what else aside from a fire fight and a cabin. Is he in the cabin still? Did they lose him again? This guys seems to be a pretty damn good shot, to fend off an army of law enforcement.

link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
From the Fox News presser,
The person from the highjacked white truck says he resembles Dorner.

At this point, we do not have a positive ID, we do not even know if it is him, the person said he resembles Dorner.

Wow. I hope they have more to go on than that, before using Kill on sight on yet another person.

Was a gun pointed at his head when he was asked that?

link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

UPDATE: Unconfirmed: Reported owner of the cabin says the cabin currently has no power, no TV, no Internet. #Dorner #manhunt

If this is true, why are they telling people on Twitter to stop tweeting? They claim it may "aid" Dorner.

ETA from Twitter:

SCANNER TRAFFIC " SBSO NOT happy with LAPD deploying SWAT team without advising SBSO command

edit on 12-2-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

Well he could have a handheld PC aka cellphone, right?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Dorner disguised himself as a snowman and rolled away.....snowball hunt continues.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I sometimes turn on the local scanner when I hear gunshots. I can attest to the fact that the silence being broken with loudness is jolting. It puts my situational awareness on high. If I had to do that for 8 hours a day, I'd be irratable as well.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I see copycats keeping this thing alive now that dormer has opened the door. california is the primordial;ooze pot to the next revolution, and it might even screw up mr obamas lil plans

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Dustytoad

Just an observation. Cops sometimes do tend to be rather irritable and prone to violence ( personal experience talking - not anecdotal information ). If in one hour I've noticed this, it just occurs to me that somebody should have, by now, done some sort of study to see if this form of communication might not be contributing to their work stress and public relations problems.

That's what I thought you were saying.. The adrenaline alone has me quite agitated.. I know from my Army training that you can shut off to work through that, but you lose some capacity to think quickly.. I am sure they have training for this?

I'm about ready to switch off for a bit.. Luckily I have this option. Hopefully they are rotating the cops too.

edit on 2/12/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Dorner considers himself an explosives expert, according to this article.....

he portrays himself as a real-life Rambo, an expert in weapons, explosives and military tactics who will stop at nothing to avenge his 2008 firing from the Los Angeles Police Department.

could that factor into getting himself completely surrounded by all of these LEO from different agencies?

link: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
I see copycats keeping this thing alive now that dormer has opened the door. california is the primordial;ooze pot to the next revolution, and it might even screw up mr obamas lil plans

Well, it may interfere with the speech, Fox already has the split screen up.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

Sounds like apart of the plan.

Hes an expert in explosives and hes now sourounded by every cop in the area.

Sounds like apart of the plan.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Anyone care to guess what will happen if this thing drags on past sundown? Will the darkness prove to aid Dorner or the police?

I doubt Dorner has NVG or thermals...

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

If he's in that cabin, he's already doomed. Passing time simply makes him more and more uncomfortable. If they are following logical protocol, they've already killed all comforts - including water.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

That's where I was leaning to as well. He has seemed to out- maneuver law enforcement to this point. Why all of sudden so obvious. Then again, maybe he just got sloppy

ETA: and he's had years to plot his revenge since his firing in 2008
edit on 12-2-2013 by megabogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by megabogie

He brought them there on purpose thats why he set the truck on fire.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Anyone care to guess what will happen if this thing drags on past sundown? Will the darkness prove to aid Dorner or the police?

I doubt Dorner has NVG or thermals...

It will give them the chance to move his frozen body in under cover of darkness, since they've had him on ice since they found him checked into that hotel room under his real name since he allegedly murdered the daughter.

link   
TMZ Update for what its worth...

"The L.A. Times is reporting one of the deputies shot in the crossfire has died from his injuries"..

"

link   

Originally posted by megabogie
reply to post by onequestion

That's where I was leaning to as well. He has seemed to out- maneuver law enforcement to this point. Why all of sudden so obvious. Then again, maybe he just got sloppy

Both the media and the police themselves hyped this guy up.

Always remember when it comes to media no one is getting the real story.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join