It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found!... maybe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Site off the coast of cuba is focus of a search for ancient civilization lost to water. For the first time ever scientist are studying the seafloor off the coast of cuba and may have found more than just alot of shiprwecks which they expected. Taking sonar pictures of the area has revieled to them, at 2200 ft below sealevel, "a huge land plateau with clear images of what appears to be urban development partly covered by sand. From above, the shapes resemble pyramids, roads and buildings."

``It is stunning. What we see in our high-resolution sonar images are limitless, rolling, white sand plains and, in the middle of this beautiful white sand, there are clear manmade large-size architectural designs. It looks like when you fly over an urban development in a plane and you see highways, tunnels and buildings,'' Zelitsky said.

Now the question is if indeed they have found a city, what will cuba do with its discovery, or does it even have to capabiliities of exploring the site farther.
Another possible setback is their embargo againsts the US which keeps us from giving the financial aid or equiptment needed to do such farther investigations. But maybe the treasures found will help the funding?

btw a few links to info and news regarding this was found www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
perhaps not the most refutable site but you decide

everyone plz tell me what you think about this and if you give it ne support
im not sure yet, it seems nice and everything, but i wanna see these sonar images

EDIT: the area in question is where the huge freaking crack is in this pic

--Franki

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Franki]

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
How about a change of title to "Atlantis MAY have been found". The title to your thread is very misleading. It is an intresting discovery none the less. Good find

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
thanks for the advice, lol, changes are underway

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   
First thing I notice when scrolling: "THE FINAL CLUE"

How many times have we heard that?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The one thing that worries me about stuff like this is the fact that these cultures we often find under the oceans were once above water. Considering there are sea bed fossile to be found in the highest peaks of the Andes Mountains, makes you wonder what kind of moving and shaking the earth has done just in the brief history of man kind.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The sonar does not show colours, why do they talk about "white sand plains"?

And this is not new, this was reported in May 2001.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
The one thing that worries me about stuff like this is the fact that these cultures we often find under the oceans were once above water. [

Quite true. What's happened is that mankind has been building cities and city structures for more than 10,000 years (and no, I don't mean Atlantis. I mean things like the cities of Sumer.) During this time (the end of the Holocene era), the Earth's climate warmed considerably, and the ice age came to an end.

Sea levels rose (gradually) 200 feet over the next 10,000 years (with a few lesser "ice ages" tossed in there.)

A city find would be interesting because there's no indication of vast stoneworks in that part of the Caribbean (there is in South America, etc, but not there in particular.)

However, the more I researched this story, the goofier it got. ('Atlanticu' means "The place from where our Good Father rests"' was one that caught my eye. My first response was "Yeah? In what language, toots?") Yes, it's got some real scientists associated with it but they tend to be "true believers" with a bias.

I'm still skeptical.

Considering there are sea bed fossile to be found in the highest peaks of the Andes Mountains, makes you wonder what kind of moving and shaking the earth has done just in the brief history of man kind.

The Earth's about six billion years old (mankind is about 5 million years old) and the answer is "in six billion years, it's done a lot of moving around." The uplift of the mountains from the sea floor is something done over millions of years and yes, it's very common to find fossilized marine life in high places where there's been a lot of tektonic activity.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The sonar does not show colours, why do they talk about "white sand plains"?

sonar 'images' are initially gathered by getting data readings from scanning the ocean floor and then they are composited together to make a map that represents the findings. it is often in grey-scale or colors based on elevation or can even be used to generate a 3d landscape. so it is possible to see these "white sand plains" as a flat area on the map.

heres a pic i found on how they do it

NOAA

below is a 3d representation of Anatahan Island

NOAA

just letting everyon know how its done... not neccesarily saying that it is what they say

However, the more I researched this story, the goofier it got. ('Atlanticu' means "The place from where our Good Father rests"' was one that caught my eye. My first response was "Yeah? In what language, toots?") Yes, it's got some real scientists associated with it but they tend to be "true believers" with a bias.

yaeh, i tried to find some ireffutible news articles but really couldnt. didnt really look into scientist or ne thing. But thanks for the research.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
There could be some truth in this: God works in mysterious way, could this really be Atlantis and the reason why America and Cuba relationship is this way is to prevent this from being discovered, until now. Cuba is good for hiding things.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Excellent find and for the adtional info.

This is still getting interesting...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The Earth's about six billion years old (mankind is about 5 million years old) and the answer is "in six billion years, it's done a lot of moving around." The uplift of the mountains from the sea floor is something done over millions of years and yes, it's very common to find fossilized marine life in high places where there's been a lot of tektonic activity.

Yes but there is a wealth of evidence to support cataclysmic events as well within the relatively recent history of man. Not so much geological as just plain old wierd. Frozen rhinoceros, plum trees, mammoths. Palm tree fossils in Alaska...
Check this site out, scroll right on past the first two paragraphs though,
www.theophilus.org...
Also interesting to me is the Polar Shift theories, which would certainly explain alot of the abnormalites and catyclismic events.
Of course throw in a super volcano or two like yellow stone and big rocks from space, we may have more of a rough 6 millions years than our anthropologists can know.

Edit:
Found another interesting site...
www.stargods.org...

[edit on 31-10-2004 by twitchy]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
To get the facts straight, the sunken ruins are being found off the west coast of Cuba. Imagine for a moment that the Yucatan Peninsula and western Cuba were joined together by land that is now sunk.

If you really want to explore the legends connected to Atlantis and the Caribbean check out the book, "Gateway to Atlantis" by Andrew Collins. He has a web site up and he covers many interesting subjects in mythology.

Also, a few months back someone found out that National Geographic Explorer was going to air some of the video footage done by ADC International, of the sunken ruins 2200 ft below the sea off western Cuba. I checked the TV line up on the National Geographic website and found when this might be airing. The individual said that they would air the footage either November or December and this is what I found that closely matched in their programming:

Naked Science
Atlantis
Showing times:
Nov. 24 @ 10:00pm (Wednesday)
Nov. 25 @ 1:00am (Thursday)
Nov. 28 @ 2:00pm (Sunday)
Dec. 1 @ 5:00pm (Wednesday)

The program description says this:

"What do we really know about the lost city of Atlantis and what happened on the day it died? Legend tells us that the golden civilization became so corrupt and depraved that it was destroyed by the angry gods, but did the city ever exist at all? Naked Science searches for the truth that surrounds this extraordinary mystery."

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   
"If the Atlanteans had known the laws that govern the Forces, visible and invisible, the horrors of this dire calamity might have been mitigated, for however incredible it may seem to the uninitiated, there exists an intimate and interdependent correlation between physical and spiritual law, a certain compensating balance or adjustment, and in consequence of this hidden but potent principle, a strong tendency to absolute evil in the moral world is sure to be followed by -nay, actually produces- convulsion in the world of matter. This law has now justified itself in the destruction of Atlantis. We had scarcely landed upon that fair island, when Madai and myself became aware of a tremendous conflict between forces that should ever be kept in harmony. Wicked men, mighty in intellect, but debased in moral and spiritual nature, had aquired occult knowledge and used it for evil purposes. We knew what the ultimate result must be, but did not forecast the day and hour of its coming; that would have been the labor of years, perhaps of generations."

-Atla

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Acient occultism and modern physics may be more similar than we think they would have been. They have found batteries in temples from ancient mexico, there is evidence to suggest that the ark of the covenenat was a large capacitor, and others including even the intrinsic value of gold and jewels, amber, etc. all of which have unique if not profound electromagnetic properties. That said though, I don't think we can really draw any definitive correlations between any catyclismic event and technology from either period. If there were a major extinction level event in man's relatively recent history, it probably wasn't our doing. But then again we have a very poor understanding of the extent of ancient technology and are just recently finding out they may have in many cases been far more advanced than is generally accepted. Most of these secrets have either been destroyed altogether or have been so effectively supressed in the name of god and other interests, that they fell to superstitions and legends.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
"If the Atlanteans had known the laws that govern the Forces, visible and invisible, the horrors of this dire calamity might have been mitigated, for however incredible it may seem to the uninitiated, there exists an intimate and interdependent correlation between physical and spiritual law, a certain compensating balance or adjustment, and in consequence of this hidden but potent principle, a strong tendency to absolute evil in the moral world is sure to be followed by -nay, actually produces- convulsion in the world of matter. This law has now justified itself in the destruction of Atlantis. We had scarcely landed upon that fair island, when Madai and myself became aware of a tremendous conflict between forces that should ever be kept in harmony. Wicked men, mighty in intellect, but debased in moral and spiritual nature, had aquired occult knowledge and used it for evil purposes. We knew what the ultimate result must be, but did not forecast the day and hour of its coming; that would have been the labor of years, perhaps of generations."

-Atla

As Shakespeare wrote in short.

As Above, So Below.

Nice ring to it?

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is this just something the producer made up? Go on to:
www.belowtopsecret.com/thread46447/pg1 and find ADHDsux4me's post.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix

I hope so!

Anywho the Story of Atlantis in StarGate Atlantis was a script. Not real. If it was real, heck I wish I had something clever to retort with like I'm really an Atalntean, hehe.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix

hmm, alot of movies/shows/stories have played-off the concept of Atlantis... does this discredit it? i dont think so, but thats me.

all legend or myths have a base in reality. im just saying leave your mind open to the possibilities w/o claiming it false based on its presence in entertainment.

ITS A TV SHOW... its a.. show.. tv... tv show... tv

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Franki]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This kinda goes along with what i heard a while back.
Edgar cayce predicted there was a temple from atlantis on the west indies somewhere.
weird aye?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
```

appreciate the story Franki

on the page, i clicked [color=cayan]eden...and read these OUTTAKES;

'Zelitsky', (is former Soviet spy Paulina Zelitsky)

Cuban Government, Fidel Castro; joint sponser of this expedition

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll wait to see, enjoy, the Nat. Geo. documentry...

```````````````

however, i think this sentence shines some light on the 'adventure' ->>

"Once a hub for shipments of gold, silver and other plunder from
the New World to Old, the Carribean island's waters likely hide
billions of dollars' worth of treasure from hundreds of ships
that sank after encountering reefs, storms or pirates
"

see: www.cyberspaceorbit.com...
for article......

? a group of unbiased researchers, eh??

top topics

<<   2 >>