It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Walk Away.,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Preface: everything in this thread is my opinion. This is my opinion after nearly 8 years in the Philippines and outside of the USA, and I'm under 35. I was born and raised in Texas, USA, to old European settlers who have been in the USA awhile (not Native Americans.) Please keep in mind that I will give as much respect to your opinions as you will to mine in this thread. I have not cited enough in this yet, but will provide sources as necessary.

To begin, a quote from one of my favorite post-apocalyptic movies, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior

Wez: [after someone is killed] *No!* *No more talk!* We go in! We kill! Kill! We kill 'em! They kill us, we kill them! Kill 'em! Kill 'em! Kill! Kill!

The Humungus: Be still my dog of war. I understand your pain. We've all lost someone we love. But we do it my way!

Wez: Losers... losers wait!

The Humungus: We do it my way. Fear is our ally. The gasoline will be ours. Then you shall have your revenge.

[Wez passes out]
The Humungus: Take him away.

[soldiers drag Wez away; Humungus grabs intercom]

The Humungus: There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.
[Soldiers start up their vehicles]

The Humungus: I await your answer. You have a full day to decide.
[Everyone drives away]

That is the memorable quote from a movie you may or may not have seen, and it could be applicable to many of you in your own way. If you are living in the USA and any other big brother Western government style, you may be having this thought.

In the USA, just walking away doesn't make the most sense unless you know of an untouched, pristine spot.

Land: Polluted. Fracking, Chemtrails, Agricultural chemicals, and whatever else out there

Water: Polluted. Fluoridated, Fracked, Chemicals etc. How many places are left where you can drink 100% safe spring or well water?

Oceans: Polluted, irradiated, trashed, over-fished, and a lot lot more

Food: Poisoned with chemicals, genetics (GMO), and generally produced in a farm for quantity, not quantity. Sugared and preserved, produced using substances that are not food to make things last longer and cheaper to make, with nice colors, smells, and tastes.

Air/Rain: Contaminated with chemtrails, nuclear fallout from Fukushima and poorly maintained nuclear reactors.

Electricity: Are there many places / communities who live without electricity on a daily basis? Electricity is a luxury sure to go or be too expensive to afford. Everyone seems dependent on electricity.

Surveillance Grid: Where will you go that big brother or any other person won't find you? It's not at the end of any road. Cameras on the streets, GPS in everything, cell phone tracking etc. And coming soon -- Drones! Where will survivalists go to avoid detection?

Weapons: Most every civilian is, or will be armed. This means you should be armed too to keep the playing field level. Who wants to live in that environment? (Though better than being in a situation where only the Government has guns.)

Nuclear power plants: Who keeps them from going into a meltdown state? I don't think people will stick around trying to maintain a nuclear reactor in a SHTF situation. They will be more concerned with the safety of their family.

Pharmaceuticals: Probably at least 50% of the USA population is taking 1 kind of prescription pill a day, if not more. People are dependent on their doctors and hospitals to fix any ailment they feel that day it seems.

People: Under the influence of television (propaganda), sports, drugs (legally prescribed or not), alcohol, poisoned by the food, water, and drugs abundant in the USA, as a normal way of life.

Government: They barely represent the people who have elected them. People are starting to realize this daily. They care about themselves, money, power, and corporations. Not the average person, and especially not the average person who openly resists their "authority".

Look at the elites living in the USA -- Are they staying or leaving? How about countless CEOs leaving banks and other large corporations? What do they know we don't?

There are many issues one can look at, and I'm sure I've left out a lot (feel free to add), and none of them look like something I would want to defend. Even if you "win" (what is the standard for a win?), then what are you left holding? A polluted, wasted landscape with everyone armed?

People cling to "defending" the USA and to "wake up" and whatever other rhetoric about what they "will do", "if", the "government does that." Fact is, I don't even know what "that" is, which people will do to be able to debate it. Because so far, no one has done anything to cause any impact. No one wants to stick neck out too far, that is obvious.

I don't have the solution, because there IS NO solution. Not any magical one for sure... Except perhaps a change of ATTITUDE! And when there is a change of attitude on a large enough scale, that WILL bring a collapse of the current system, because people's thinking is OUTSIDE of the current system, as their "attitude" has changed.

I will say that to my knowledge so far, utopia is nowhere on Earth. It's what you and other people make of it. The USA and other large developed places are not a sustainable place to live as of now.

People say to me its their dream to live wherever and have a certain kind of a life, then make up an excuse as to why they cant. Do it, while you still can.

So here is where we are at in my opinion:

1. Do nothing, let courses continue as they are.

2. "Fight" (???) and make change happen (what change?). By now it's too little too late to try and change the system through the system, imo. Any other meaningful way to make POSITIVE "change" has yet to be demonstrated.

3. Just walk away.
edit on 12-2-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I agree with pretty much all of your opinions, but... I just can't "walk away."

I wish I could. But this life isn't about just surviving till 100 years of age IMHO.
I believe what matters is how we live, not what we accomplish here physically.

Is there anything we can do to protect ourselves from such a ferocious bombardment by TPTB?
I believe there is, and it involves the Trump card of Consciousness. Nothing is more powerful in the placebo effect, pure conscious intent and focused thought has unmeasurable effects on water, which we are mostly made up of.

If we can't beat them, change the system from within, go live in the mountains, etc... then we have to train our cells to adapt and survive in this environment. Life always finds a way.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Explanation: The answer is number 2 and here is how to fight ...

It is called Grey Goo [wiki] ... and it will kill everything in the entire galaxy and beyond .. eventually!

And the why of that is .. because if we can't win at least we can make sure TPTB have nowhere to hide and enjoy their so called winnings.

Personal Disclosure: I totally agree that no positive changes can be made from within or without of the system and so it is better to junk the entire reality and everyone and everything in it.

It IS the ultimate equalizer and hence the perfect communism!

Look ... SHINY!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

the system can not change anymore, it must be crippled, infected,
and it wont be pretty, because we are so attached to it...
it will come to this,, we, or the system, we cant exist at the same time anymore.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I agree with some of what your saying, I loved "Under the influence of television " as believe THAT is their biggest weapon.

I watch closely the activity on forums like this one and what I notice most is the amount of effort THEY put into making the sheeple think there's nothing wrong, and how they try to convince those who are awake that there is nothing they can do.
If there is no hope why do they put in so much effort trying to control everyone?

Nope, I wont walk away.
Nice post by the way, S&F.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I agree with pretty much all of your opinions, but... I just can't "walk away."

I wish I could. But this life isn't about just surviving till 100 years of age IMHO.
I believe what matters is how we live, not what we accomplish here physically.

Is there anything we can do to protect ourselves from such a ferocious bombardment by TPTB?
I believe there is, and it involves the Trump card of Consciousness. Nothing is more powerful in the placebo effect, pure conscious intent and focused thought has unmeasurable effects on water, which we are mostly made up of.

If we can't beat them, change the system from within, go live in the mountains, etc... then we have to train our cells to adapt and survive in this environment. Life always finds a way.

I know not everyone is at a point in life where they can simply walk away, so that option is out the window for some.

As for things to do, I think whatever is done ends in a crash any path you take. If everyone stopped paying taxes, crash. If the dollar is no longer the reserve currency, crash / war. If Ron Paul did end the Fed, crash / war.

You may be onto something with focused consciousness, but used in what way? What are some positive things TPTB could do (or stop doing) for the environment -- that they would be willing to do, now?

And your lost comment is gold. Life does always find a way. It seems today that TPTB are trying to define what life is and control it as best they can, to fail.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Hahaha, yeah I supposed mutually assured destruction is a way out of this madness =D But not one I would choose =b

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I agree with some of what your saying, I loved "Under the influence of television " as believe THAT is their biggest weapon.

I watch closely the activity on forums like this one and what I notice most is the amount of effort THEY put into making the sheeple think there's nothing wrong, and how they try to convince those who are awake that there is nothing they can do.
If there is no hope why do they put in so much effort trying to control everyone?

Nope, I wont walk away.
Nice post by the way, S&F.

Thanks for your comments =)

Yeah on television, I can only make my opinions on TV from reading things online (facebook/forums) about "i saw a show" or whatever else on the television. Conversation with many travelers I meet from USA folk most often is only about what is on television or sports or a movie. If it is politics, then the people are repeating what they heard on their controlled news station of "choice."

You're right there is something afoot. I think they try to keep everyone in line because if there were anything that severely damaged the "credibility" the US government has with its people, then they would "wake up" and there could be angry people with guns going after their perceived "masters" for being lied to all these years.

Just my thoughts again, and I won't walk away from where I'm at now =D

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Or everyone can turn off the boob tube and get on with living that includes staying away from FB and the rest. My only thing seems to be ATS which is unhealthy enough.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Stand your ground,man.

I,myself was thinking about giving up.Then I thought, what got us here,to this point in life.
Did those before us give up.
No.
If they did,we would not be here.

Today is the day I face my _____________.

You fill in the blank.
I just did.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Or everyone can turn off the boob tube and get on with living that includes staying away from FB and the rest. My only thing seems to be ATS which is unhealthy enough.

LOL that could so easily have been my post.
I dont own a telly, never had a FB account, dont buy news papers, dont listen to radio, my only vice is this place

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
As many famous philosophers have said in the past.

Problems cannot be solved, using the same level of consciousness that created them.

What we need, is a revolution of consciousness.

We need to remember who we are.

REMEMBER WHO WE ARE.

The system is designed to make us forget, to keep us in ignorance. The history of this planet is shrouded in ignorance. Why, because the ancients knew who they were. Somewhere, somehow, we forgot. And since that time, there is a conspiracy that has lasted through the ages to keep us from re-learning the truth. It is getting more and more obvious by the day. They are getting more and more desperate to keep us in a state of survival.

The time is now. To remember who we are. and the way to do it, is so simple.

It's so simple, its the simplest thing you will ever do. Which is why you never try to do it.

Go within. Your house and car, your hobbies, are not who you are. Your clothes, your wristwatch, your lover, your friends, are not who you are. You are not your drivers licence. You are not your passport. You are only believing these things are you because you've been told they are you. But you have never actually sought the real answer as to who you are.

Take away all of those things, and suddenly, there is only one thing left. Yourself. Take away all things that are not you, and all thats left must be the truth.

Meditate. Silence your mind. Track your thoughts back to their origins in your body, and stop being a victim of them. Surrender to them, allow them to pass through you, and you will find that in the flow of the universe the answers to who you are, will be revealed.

You are divine, you are a god. You just have a serious case of amnesia.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Stand your ground,man.

I,myself was thinking about giving up.Then I thought, what got us here,to this point in life.
Did those before us give up.
No.
If they did,we would not be here.

Today is the day I face my _____________.

You fill in the blank.
I just did.

I'm standing my ground where I'm at now. I know foreign companies would love to get their hands on the mineral and lumber resources here.

I moved from the USA to work in Manila, a city much like many Western modern "civilizations", and I walked away from that kind of living.

You're right the "giving up" mentality is preparing for a loss. So is the mentality of not doing anything about it, without knowing. First there must be an issue about what the "fight" is about. Freedoms? Guns? Racism? Wars? Terrorism? Drugs? Healthcare? I haven't seen anything to note which has made the government change their ways long term.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You must ask yourself then,what is your purpose.

What is any creature's purpose.

To protect and make sure your species survive,plain and simple.
To live.
If only it was that simple.
That simple principle of living has been corrupted beyond description.
We get caught up in the daily crap that we define as life when it's not really life.
You,me,we,define what is life.
Thank you for this thread at a critical time in my life to help me think things through.

Peace,
K

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You may be onto something with focused consciousness, but used in what way? What are some positive things TPTB could do (or stop doing) for the environment -- that they would be willing to do, now?

I'm not very good at articulation. I'm better at playing the match game.
What you said + what I think is a good response = ....

If we want to take the fight beyond their weapons & toys, we have to go to the source... water.
These are factual, proven scientific effects on water from conscious focused thoughts & intent.

There are also experiments done with collective focused consciousness to lower crime in DC that seemed to have an affect at the time.
www.nytimes.com...

They have us outgunned and outsmarted as a majority, we can't affect them on the physical level, but we can on the abstract. It's our only hope for salvation and eradication of the influence they have had on our cellular structure and behavior.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I knew immediately where this thread was going, when I saw those words.......

Lord H's speech always struck me as a doomed finality.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

You must ask yourself then,what is your purpose.

What is any creature's purpose.

To protect and make sure your species survive,plain and simple.
To live.
If only it was that simple.
That simple principle of living has been corrupted beyond description.
We get caught up in the daily crap that we define as life when it's not really life.
You,me,we,define what is life.
Thank you for this thread at a critical time in my life to help me think things through.

Peace,
K

You're right on the money - what is your purpose. I won't pretend to the "purpose" or reason for being here, except to live... And hopefully have a good time while living. The world is a big place, there are many places to see and experience, and even possibly live at.

I decided to make it as simple as you sound it and move to a place that is pretty "simple." Let's say if the electricity went out for a year, not much would change. While it does sound simple to make a lifestyle change like that, it is not, and takes some time to adjust and get used to it.

Enjoy life, you only live once. (I know this is ATS and someone claiming to have a past life may debate this.)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I knew immediately where this thread was going, when I saw those words.......

Lord H's speech always struck me as a doomed finality.

I tried to make that feeling in this thread, but it was obviously ignored. Thanks for replying =) I do mean it as a finality in some ways though. Things are messed up and there is no centralized law to fix all

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Walk away from the rat race.
Walk away from the propaganda.
Walk away from the addiction to "stuff".
Walk away from all the plastic faces.
Walk away from the neverending drama.

Walk away from the idea that we, as a collective, are capable of saving our sorry asses.

Because, quite frankly, I don't believe there is any one solution (or two or three) to stop the downward spiral tailspin we're in. In my opinion, the world contains more idiots asleep at the wheel than not. Therefore, resistance to this real-life Idiocracy we're living in is futile at best.

We are a minority and we are swimming against an impenetrable current.

The smart ones will get the hell out and as far away as possible from the mayhem, sit back and wait while the rest of the world fulfills its destiny of self-implosion.

Let's face it... Humans, en masse, are their own worst enemies.
Yes, in small groups, we thrive.
But we continuously fail as a large capacity coherent society again and again and again.

Pardon my pessimism...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Walk away from the rat race.
Walk away from the propaganda.
Walk away from the addiction to "stuff".
Walk away from all the plastic faces.
Walk away from the neverending drama.

Walk away from the idea that we, as a collective, are capable of saving our sorry asses.

Because, quite frankly, I don't believe there is any one solution (or two or three) to stop the downward spiral tailspin we're in. In my opinion, the world contains more idiots asleep at the wheel than not. Therefore, resistance to this real-life Idiocracy we're living in is futile at best.

We are a minority and we are swimming against an impenetrable current.

The smart ones will get the hell out and as far away as possible from the mayhem, sit back and wait while the rest of the world fulfills its destiny of self-implosion.

Let's face it... Humans, en masse, are their own worst enemies.
Yes, in small groups, we thrive.
But we continuously fail as a large capacity coherent society again and again and again.

Pardon my pessimism...

Bravo

Perhaps you nailed it and I too am a pessimist. Maybe it's because history does repeat itself.

I'm glad my communication skills make sense to some

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join