reply to post by jimmiec
Yes, I live in Tennessee too! Love this place.
Someone mentioned the KKK above. I do not agree with their ideology, their history, or almost everything they stand for - except one thing; exercising
free speech. KKK is a bad mark (being nice) on society and I do not like what they stand for or the things they say, but I am glad they are allowed to
Limiting one group's free speech could set a precedent that may translate into more and more restrictions on speech. How could there ever be a line
drawn to mark the area safe speech?
Freedom of speech allows us to spread the word of any atrocities or other crimes being committed and it allows us to question our government's actions
and accountability. Free speech is equally important as the right to keep and bear arms.
Simply because there are a few completely dispicable and vile groups out there doesn't mean we should abandon free speech to eradicate these ignorant
Paralleling this explanation of free speech, the right of the masses to keep and bear arms should never be restricted to avoid a few completely
dispicable, vile, evil, psychotic individuals from abusing the right of gun ownership.
A government placing blanket restrictions on free speech and/or gun ownership IS forceably removing citizen rights from any individual who does not
What is a person who has their right to defend themself and their right to tell anyone of their mistreatment taken from them against their will?
A rape victim.
rape - [reyp] noun, verb, raped, rap·ing.
1. the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.
3. statutory rape.
4. an act of plunder, violent seizure, or abuse; despoliation; violation: the rape of the countryside.
5. Archaic. the act of seizing and carrying off by force.
verb (used with object)
6. to force to have sexual intercourse.
7. to plunder (a place); despoil.
8. to seize, take, or carry off by force.
edit on 11-2-2013 by esteay812 because: tyops