It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Rant, please chip in with your opinion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok, this is my first actual live post outside of the "introductions" so just bare with me as I just want to rant about a few things, plus, get some help and a nice adult debate flowing....

The first thing i'd like to talk about is the "American unrest" going on at the moment, it pains me to see and watch this on ATS as a very close and special person to me currently lives in the states, and therefore I love the states and would love to move their... That being said after all i've read on here recently and heard about it,it seems asthough the whole civilian populous is turning on one another, we all know it's obvious that the government in pretty much every country is a bit BS and that's FACT! they're the voice of "the people" Govern means to control and they just take all things aside just to gain money for their wads and wads of stacks... Let me just re-itterate this, about 3-4 months ago, I loved Obama, I thought he was literally the most refreshing president ever, in my books, and loads here in the UK too, but i've learned some damned secrets that not many people have even hear of here and when I try to ellaborate on my point they just think "ahhh what's he chatting about, quit the nattering" It get's unbearable and that's why I finally joined ATS! In conclusion to this, anyone, anyone at all that has any relevant information regarding any Sandy hook, drone attacks or any other information I may not have caught onto from this side of the pond please, please send me it, i'd love to broaden my knowledge on this.

Secondly, I can't help but get so, so stressed out with some of the people on here, not all, as there are some brilliant minds on here, but seriously what on earth do some people waste there time putting utter BS up on here, I came across something about the "new generation" which is my generation, stating about how intelligence is dropping and not only that,music tastes and not only that again, just utter rambling, everyone is entitled to their opinion I respect that and that's why I love ATS so much, but when it's the fact they don't stop to consider it was their generation that raised us, their generation that gave us all the equipment we now have and their generation that have taught us the ways of the world, hell, didn't people say the world would be a better place with the internet and that it was a new step for us... well, well done, you created those "trolls" you quite happily ramble on about, don't get me wrong I absolutely hate Trolls with a passion, time-wasting, naive and two faced BSers, i'm not going to get into them as we all know what they do and why they do it, just to clarify, this isn't going out to all of the generation that is up from me, just a few certain individuals... THE VAST MAJORITY of the older ATSers on here have actually taught me the majority of the things I know and I applaud you for that, Thank you!

The last thing I quickly want to get onto is just a really really keen obsession of mine, Astronomy and Philosophy, i'm not going to go into too much detail now, but if anyone knows of any cool Astronomy of Philosophy websites please send them to me
Thank you, sorry if I rambled and once again this is not aimed at the VAST MAJORITY of ATSers just a few certain individuals

Take care

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Obama is like most leaders who take the Presidency or what ever the title is. They come full of promises, hope, change but nothing seems to change and the only things that do have more to do with people losing rights or freedoms. So when it comes down to it, he is no different to Bush or any other president down the track.. They all lie to get into power and I'm seeing the same here in Australia right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Yes, exactly, the thing is I think some people here will start to realise that more and more as time goes on, have you been onto the thread where a woman that was walking and got pulled over by a HELICOPTER, stopped name checked and searched, even when the officer was a Male, seems like everyones rights and freedom are going out of the window, in the so called "land of the free" Obama is an obomination, in my eyes, I don't know too much as i've stated but from what I do know, now, he's a joke and i'm very democratic.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Don't let the talk of civil war put you off of America! The vast majority of it is grandiose, keyboard courage talk. Trust me, if you do come to America - you are thousands of times more likely to die in a robbery, drive by shooting, or due to inept medical care than you are to become the victim of any civil disobedience or militaristic police state crackdown.

That sounded better in my head....

Oh and don't let us old folks get you down either. We're all in various stages of bitter rage over the fact that the truth of life is that, one day, you're nineteen and the world is right there in front of you. Then you go to work a few times, buy some stuff, take a few naps.... and suddenly you realize you've got 4 kids, a receding hairline, a gray beard, and one of your kids actually has the gall to smile when they say "YOU'RE GONNA BE A GRANDPA!"

Trust me... a few naps from now, you'll be here telling younglings that whatever they listen to is NOT anything you approve of.

I know... I know... You're saying "Not me man. I'm going to be the cool old one. I'll never pull that crap."

Said the same thing myself.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I will 'chip in' as you put it. I think it is very easy to get an unbalanced and inaccurate view of America from the media and this web site. To a degree both are somewhat sensationalist and average America, just isn't. Most of us are working, falling in love, enjoying our families, sports, hobbies, our lives in general.

Some of us like to argue and even get very emotional, but this is not the majority, unless there is some sort of attack on us. We generally like to keep the drama down and just try to get from day to day without all that. People tend to get the most worked up about politics and religion, which is why in real life most of us do not discuss these issues with to many others. In general we have a live and let live attitude.

People on here tend to be very outspoken and that is part of the appeal. Anyone who starts out ranting about a generation is usually older than the one they are trashing on, and somewhat clueless, as when it was them, older folks railed about them too. It is part and parcel of different age groups and bottom line meaningless. Each generation has it's time and it's purpose and the experiences of music and popular culture bond them, help to form them and give them a voice. Don't let the flashy stuff get to you, see and think for yourself

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ahh, I personally just think it's the whole scenario at the moment, i've been together with a girl from America now for around a year and 6 months and we're still going strong so that's my reasons for wanting to come to your wonderul country!! I do believe you do, I do think it's alot more hyped up than the actual thing but it doesn't hurt to be a bit awry of your future surroundings... haha, to be honest mate, you've just made my night by saying that, I love old people, in general I love their stories and I love their knowledge and wisdom it's just that are a few that are unbearable, I can tell you're one of the ones that is one I could talk to quite often and hold down a decent conversation haha, that whole grandad bit did make me smile, so thank you for making my night, knowing I've got to be up for work in 7 hours kind of feels not so bad after reading that!
Oh, I have no doubt on earth i'm going to hate it, I know I will because I have a vary distinct taste in music but even if I didn't like it I don't think i'd be the person to go out of my way to moan about it, I'd just choose to stear clear, Heff you're a top man!! Thank you for that

~Kane

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spilly911

I don't know the situation inside America not living there but I do see a lot of Obama through the MSM here and from where he has come to now, nothing more then a liar like most Politicians.. I understand some things are happening in the USA which may suggest that laws are tightening which may lead to losing some freedoms etc but that doesn't chane my view of the USA at all.. When ever I try to knock the USA, I make sure the government are always at the forefront.

top topics

join