It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schools go into lockout as precaution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) - Town of Tonawanda Police say all schools in Kenmore and Tonawanda, near Colvin Boulevard and Highland Avenue, are in lockout Monday as a a precaution. A citizen reported seeing a person with a handgun in the area, however, police have checked out the area and have not located anyone.

Channel 4 News (Buffalo, NY)

This is only a couple miles from where I live. I'm pretty disgusted by all this. So a guy had a handgun...big deal? It was probably legal. I'm pretty sure people who're planning to go shoot up something don't walk around waving their weapons around.

This 'see something; say something' bull is really out of hand.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hushabye

So a guy had a handgun...big deal?

It's just to be on the safe side

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hushabye

I agree, this is getting entirely out of hand. These kids must be coming up near basket cases in some examples and for what? "It's for the children"..?? What is? They hear a sound in the night, so to speak, and tell a school full of children to get down, stay down and hide or the boogeyman may be in that very class room to shoot them to death where they stand.

Good god...and we wonder why SO many of our kids are on Rx that was once considered high power for adults in treating mood, stress and behavioral disorders? They're trained to be this way, one lock-down or 'realistic' drill at a time.

Perhaps if the adults stopped thinking of the kids as mini-adults with the same power of reasoning and ability to segregate meaningful threat from overreaction and unhealthy paranoia? ...but they're just kids and the adults ARE out of control with this garbage.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I agree, this is getting entirely out of hand.
They hear a sound in the night, so to speak, and tell a school full of children to get down, stay down and hide or the boogeyman may be in that very class room to shoot them to death where they stand.

What is the Common Denominator in all these Instances?
(no need to reply, I know you love your guns more than your children).

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

They hear a sound in the night, so to speak, and tell a school full of children to get down, stay down and hide or the boogeyman may be in that very class room to shoot them to death where they stand.

The common denominator is crazy people.
There are many forms of crazy, this just happens to be one of them. Hope they get this mental health thing figured out because this seems to be contagious.

Nice straw man jab about not loving children btw. If you don't eat snow on Tuesday at 12:00pm in my living room then you hate children. See I can do it too.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Oops! I messed up that comment

edit on 11-2-2013 by Casualboy100 because: No reason given

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
wonder if this was phoned in to skip an exam or final

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

I see what ya did there...
Almost clever.

Actually, I "love" my guns BECAUSE I love my wife and son and won't be like some in real world crimes of note to have watched them be brutally raped and murdered in the same home by intruders ...as the dying memories of a horrible tragedy.

Now the common denominator for what the media chooses to report on seems to be a firearm involved. The common denominator for REAL WORLD events beyond what the media chooses to cherry pick for their ratings agenda are mentally unstable people or just plain homicidal mania.

Either case makes the point for HAVING a means of defense beyond hiding with the kids and HOPING the bad guy just doesn't come in ......for if he does? Nothing but harsh language and cries of mercy stand between evil and a very bad outcome. Some have determined that having any force to meet force somehow encourages the event to happen...or some crazy logic like that. I dunno...I never claimed to quite grasp that approach to survival.

(Scaring the bejesus out of the kids on a frequent basis for every half way possible crank or false alarm doesn't change squat to the outcome of the rare case when it becomes real, IMO)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

That was pretty uncalled for. You seem like a person with a pleasant demeanor.

The common denominator is manipulation through fear and propaganda.

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My point exactly. These kids are being manipulated through fear (the drills, the 'mental disorders') It's frightening to wonder what these kids are going to be like as adults. Much more frightening than how previous generations thought their kids were going to turn out (boomer babies, genX/Y) because we've never had this manipulation so pronounced...or such gullible minds lapping it up.

I couldn't respond more quickly because I had to run out for groceries while I had a ride.

top topics

join