It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment: Just tell what it is.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

edit on 10-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Enlightenment is experience.
True enlightenment is much too profound to even conceive.
Not many souls will reach nirvana in this age.

Just as the great Oak will shed thousands of acorn seeds yet only a few become like their great mother , the humans on Earth are the acorns and enlightened souls become the avatars of greatness, the others, are recycled.
edit on 10-2-2013 by OmegaSynthesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Guide

Just tell what it is.
This can be helpfull in many situations.

The aura of [stubbornness]

Insight:

Doing wrong sometimes is the right thing to do.

This isn't really a topic, or a topic of different 'aspects'. Feel free to speak your mind here.. as always in my threads. Reply your comments/experience etc.

You might not understand where I am coming from, but later you may look back at what I say when you come to be in the same situation.

Respect the elders.

That's absolutely hilarious! You are a very funny person. The way you handled that was priceless. Brilliant, in it's inquiry, absurd, as a proposition, you really put the "double bind" on us now, haven't you?

Enlightenment: Just tell what it is.

You can't be serious..

Forget enlightenment, and just be yourself.

This reminds me of a Buddhist story that I read in a book on Zen by Alan Watts:

There were these two students who were invited to travel to see a certain Zen Master, and immediately upon their arrival they were invited to dine with their Host, who said, after they were prepared to eat together "So, I hear you guys know something about Zen.." to which they both immediately threw their chopsticks at him with a furrowed brow, and then laughed together in the most uproarious fashion.

That's the way the OP makes me feel, like throwing my chopsticks at you - but are you prepared to laugh along with me here, at the utter absurdity of your proposition?

Our already always STATE, at the most fundamental level, is humor, at ourselves and the utter nonsense that being a human being requires, but when we get present to the degree and depths of our own absurdity and incomprehensibility, to ourselves, never mind who God is, and accept the situation as it is, with we ourselves included as we already are, then the "enlightenment" is that there is no enlightenment and the big surprise is that it came as no surprise.

"Enlightenment; Just tell what it is."

Ha! That's a GOOD ONE! (throwing chopsticks)

Don't be absurd!

:

Cheers,

Let's eat, and talk about our journey, and our hopes and dreams (our passions and desires).

Anything less would just wipe the smile right off of everyone's face, and that would be a sad day when we all gain the WHOLE world but each lose our own souls (passion, character, personality, charm).

I give UP enlightenment, just to have authentic friendship, fellowship and the enjoyment of one another's company, and for the sake of all the jokes we'll share together..

This is why your OP is hilarious and cannot be taken seriously, or at least don't you dare if you want to retain your sense of humor, mirth and charm just for being you as you already are, in absolute self acceptance, even forgiveness so there can be tears as well as absolute hilarity capable of both wiping the tears away from our eyes and then generating those tears of laughter when you laugh so dam hard that you cry while you're laughing.

So if it's anything at all, then "enlightenment" is a good joke freely told at one's own expense, to the shared mutual hilarity of all present. Then, and only then can we enjoy the perfect meal together in each other's company.

God Bless (lol),

NAM

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis
Enlightenment is experience.
True enlightenment is much too profound to even conceive.

Read my post, towards the end I allude to its quasi complexity,but to state ''not many soul,'' is a false presumption devoid of substance of truth which is element of wrong view. If you can find error in my post I will shave off my head immediately and become your disciple. Stop spreading falsehood, you seem the type to disregard an enlightened person if they were right in front of you. Buddhists are incessant liars, have you not realized this yet.

''Enlightened souls become avatars of greatness?'' Where are you getting this information? Don't you think you should post the author of that quote so as to not appear like you just hi jacked anothers supposed wisdom. Conjecture is what you're speaking. You have no fore knowledge of any enlightened soul becoming an avatar of greatness, what does that even mean anyways? Cut it out bro.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Kapablanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

If youre confused, refer to my post on page five or six. If you find error or falsehood, I will shave off my head and become your disciple immediately. He started the thread, and he got a response, therefore you are the one spouting error and conjecture.

Giving up on enlightenment, thats peculiar being as you are enlightened throughout portions of your day, you wouldnt realize this I suppose, busy following your ego and such.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaSynthesis

Just as the great Oak will shed thousands of acorn seeds yet only a few become like their great mother , the humans on Earth are the acorns and enlightened souls become the avatars of greatness, the others, are recycled

If only they would get the joke and the humor of their true predicament and condition while still on the way, then we will all of us, eventually, "recycle" for all the right reasons, and then a golden age will be realized!

And all it takes is the courage and the audacity to laugh at one's own self and at our own incomprehensibility, to ourselves.

I'll let the joke be on me, even for their sake and YOUR sake, if need be, until we can get each other laughing for all the right reasons.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka

If youre confused, refer to my post on page five or six. If you find error or falsehood, I will shave off my head and become your disciple immediately. He started the thread, and he got a response, therefore you are the one spouting error and conjecture.

Giving up on enlightenment, thats peculiar being as you are enlightened throughout portions of your day, you wouldnt realize this I suppose, busy following your ego and such.

Oh no, now you've fallen in to the double-bind..!

But it's ok, because the joke's already on me.. lol

No worries as they say here in Lotus Land.

And if I erred, please forgive me..

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 10-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The joke is not on you, the motto of this site is deny ignorance, which you dont seem to be attending to, as you make claims, and when questioned on the nature of your communication you refuse to answer and change topics to feed your ego further. Please leave this thread immediately as it is quite certain you've refused to uphold your integrity and intelligence, naturally; you must be ridiculed and disregarded for the hogwash you present. Deny ignorance, not ignorance.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
To any true practitioners, I will be dropping a jewel tomorrow for those on the path. contact me.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

edit on 10-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Look at that.

How wise.

And no I'm not trying to kill the thread, just participate, somehow..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka

The joke is not on you, the motto of this site is deny ignorance, which you dont seem to be attending to, as you make claims, and when questioned on the nature of your communication you refuse to answer and change topics to feed your ego further. Please leave this thread immediately as it is quite certain you've refused to uphold your integrity and intelligence, naturally; you must be ridiculed and disregarded for the hogwash you present. Deny ignorance, not ignorance.

Ok.

Good bye everyone.

I love you all.

NAM

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Don't worry I'm not going anywhere.. in case anyone was wondering, I'll still lurk from time to time, but at some stage of the game you almost have to ask yourself, what for? Of what use is it if you cannot share and are subjected to ridicule when simply trying to be most helpful?

It really is very funny, the double bind and paradox contained in OP, may it unravel for you also at some point in the fullness of time and history.., then you will know the humor of self awareness and self acceptance (along with that of other) and the absolute liberation of free and unfettered creative self expression, but within the framework of a loving and accepting community, of family, and friendship, and I really meant it when I said I love you all because I really do. That's my enlightenment - I love people.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Enlightenment:

All are a part of the whole yet everyone wants to be unique.
If there is no freedom then there is no reason for the world to exist and so it should be torn down.
How does anyone know what is or isn't truth? By what they heard, by what someone else said, by what they saw on the news? Truth is seeing the best in every situation that everyone else has already "claimed" to see the worst.
It is knowing that everyone else knows nothing also.

Matrix: Why did they take out all the phone booths across the nation?
It's seeing that there's a greater web of choices creating outcomes that span into infinity and yet knowing they all lead to the same thing. And yet being aware of the "illusion" of choice.

In reply to your music video:
Everyone wants to be a God for no other reason than to have someone adore them or worship them. But fear and love will never be the same thing. If there is no slave then who will serve the Master?
No one will accept second best to anyone else, that is never an option. There is no silver lining to a defeat or a loss to a cheat.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by deometer
Paradoxical. You know, like:

You cannot grasp it, nor can you get rid of it.
In not being able to get it, you get it.
When you speak, it is silent.
When you are silent, it speaks.
edit on 10-2-2013 by deometer because: (no reason given)

I might be able to give some insight.

The first two might not be paradoxical.

You cannot grasp it(1), nor can you get rid of it(2) can also be that the two its aren't referring two the same. This can be a mindbroadenerer. Can be not either.

AfterInfinity

I read the post wherein you mentioned you wanted me to read it.

I have the following to say. I somehow started this thread without intent, but the outcomes are good and we are having a nice converstation here. Somehow see it as a coffeehouse. chat chat..

Very nice

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Guide

Just tell what it is.
This can be helpfull in many situations.

The aura of [stubbornness]

Insight:

Doing wrong sometimes is the right thing to do.

If you're always right what can you learn? It is when you are wrong and see the consequences of your actions that you see the difference between the two. There can be no light without darkness and without experiencing both you will have a difficult time appreciating the light's value.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by EyeDesign

Cancel Clear Delete

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

That was a very noncommittal reply. Thanks for showing such lackadaisical consideration...

Look it up.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
"When one speaks of awakening it means dehypnotization - coming to your senses - but of course to do that, you have to go out of your mind........lol"

This is the first sentence of the following talk by Alan Watts
youtu.be...
edit on 11-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Capacitance.

Mind: The accumulative result of the processes of the brain, including (but not limited to) thoughts, emotions, memory, awareness, etc.

What does that have to do with the heart beating independently?

I would suggest educating yourself on the matter if you do not see its relevance.

Capacitance.

I do apologize for not posting some sort of link, but in the end, if you are on the internet you almost certainly have access to google! Its actually some pretty neat stuff. It is also the reason that many will tell you to allow an electronic device to rest for a while after unplugging it before attempting to take it apart, do repairs, etc.

It should also be noted that the heart does not beat independently! In the situation you pose, its oscillations are based on the electrical signals received from the brain. When that source is cut, the oscillations would decay according to standard capacitance and entropy, but would continue for a bit.
edit on 11-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Can you breathe up there?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join