It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Walkthrough of Buddhist Terminology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I would like to share an explanation/translation of some fundamental Eastern concepts...

Tanha = thirst, craving
Which correlates with…
Karma = Laws of action/reaction implicit in reality

Playing with material/sensual reality is called…
Tantra = Playing human, as God, or God as human. The Art and Science of Divinity. How can I see God, be God, find Goddess, be with Goddess.

All of these things arise from…
Sunyata = Emptiness, Void

The reality of which means that all movement of life, its never-ending searching, is…
Samsara = Cycles of Reality, never-ending, ultimately un-satisfactory

This is due the reality of…
Anitya = Impermanence, due to the necessary end of all which has a beginning

This, one of the highest teachings, is one aspect of…
Dharma = Truth embedded in the fabric of Reality itself

The One who sees this(there can only be one, from every perspective other than ‘his’ own) is called…
Buddha = The Awoken One. Is all things/people/Gods, no things/people/Gods, all manifested as one thing/person/God, whom we have called ‘Buddha’ for convenience.

Maybe not right forum? Should I have posted in religion? Idk..
edit on 10-2-2013 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The real question is should you have posted this at all. You aren't accomplishing anything by simply posting Buddhist terminology.

Remember, I am a stereotypical American and I don't care about other cultures so why would I think twice about your Buddhist terms?

All I care about is sex, money, and polar bears, and if you can tell me how these Buddhist terms can help me with any of these then you have my interest.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Wang Tang because: secret

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Following Buddha will lead you AWAY from God.

FOREVER...

Religion was manufactured long ago by men who wished to control the masses.

mysteryoftheinquity.wordpress.com...

I was told to look at another person who was in the fire. I saw a man with very long hair wrapped on the left hand side of his head. He was also wearing a robe. I asked the king of hell, "Who is this man?" He replied, "This is the one you worship: Gautama [Buddha]." I was very disturbed to see Gautama in hell. I protested, "Gautama had good ethnics and good moral character, why is he suffering in this lake of fire?" The king of hell answered me, "It doesn't matter how good he was. He is in this place because he did not believe in the Eternal God."

MONK SEES BUDDHA IN HELL AND LIVES TO TELL

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, and their core belief of karma and reincarnation, Satan has deceived many people into accepting and believing that by doing good works, a person would qualify to have his spirit elevated from one lifetime to the next in order to eventually reach a state of spiritual ‘enlightenment’.

I believe even rational and logical thinking persons can choose to believe in ‘reincarnation’. This is because they have been deceived by demonic spirits. They are rendered blind to reason and logic regarding spiritual matters.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, Satan and his fellow demonic spirits have deceived many generations of people in large parts of the world into unwittingly allowing their bodies and souls to be possessed. This permits the demonic spirits to 'reincarnate' in them serially.

Satan inspired Hinduism and Buddhism with the core beliefs of Karma and reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation has been debunked by the concept of demonic spirit possession explaining all the ‘evidence’ proffered for reincarnation.
Hence reincarnation is a lie and Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions. They bear the signature of Satan. Source

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Oh look more out of date veiled threats of hell If you do not accept your club.....
Who wants a god who will punish good people? Not I.

Like the missionary and the inuit..

Inuit So what happens to people who do not know about God?
Missionary..Well they still goto heaven because they do not know.
Inuit..So why did you tell me?

OP thanks for the thread If you write more I will read them.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I've only got interested in Budhism in the last few weeks. Fascinating philosophies/religion. I have found listening to the British philosopher Alan Watts lectures to a great way of introducing yourself to the concepts. It's easier with a westerner describing theses eastern philosophies.

Alan Wilson Watts (6 January 1915 – 16 November 1973) was a British-born philosopher, writer, and speaker, best known as an interpreter and populariser of Eastern philosophy for a Western audience. Born in Chislehurst, he moved to the United States in 1938 and began Zen training in New York. Pursuing a career, he attended Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, where he received a master's degree in theology. Watts became an Episcopal priest but left the ministry in 1950 and moved to California, where he joined the faculty of the American Academy of Asian Studies.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-2-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Link isnt working

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Link isnt working

It's working for me buddy .

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Video does not exist.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

reply to post by denver22

Video does not exist.

My bad yes you're right ... it's been a late night monk mate..

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
AWESOME POST! Sincere thanks. you bet ya. They are true, it's terminology of what life is about.

Untill you live.. others.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Reply to post by Murgatroid

"Following Buddha will lead you AWAY from God.

FOREVER... "

Sounds great...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Link isnt working

Yeah not sure why vids arnt working. But if you look for Alan Watts on YouTube there's loads of his lectures on Budhhism. Not to be confused with Alan Watt. Who is a conspiracy theorist.

I think you'll find Watts lectures interesting. I've been listening to them every night for the last few weeks. Bit of a head f%#k. But in a good way. . I'll try another vid.

edit on 10-2-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Following Buddha will lead you AWAY from God.

FOREVER...

Following anyone will lead you astray.
But you can never move away from God.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Follow me.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Follow me.

That would be highly unlikely - it appears that you are blind.

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Following anyone will lead you astray.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Remember, the westernized version of Buddhism is a watered down version, dig deeper.

www.urbandharma.org...
edit on 102828p://bSunday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Buddha means the enlightened one. Buddha is not the name of a particular man.
When the truth is realized - there is found to be only 'the one'.
The truth realized = Buddha.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Buddha means the enlightened one. Buddha is not the name of a particular man.
When the truth is realized - there is found to be only 'the one'.
The truth realized = Buddha.
edit on 10-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Yes. The man often called Buddha was siddharta gautama. Siddharta Gautama was Buddha, but Buddha is not Siddharta Gautama. Buddha is the One who is Awake, all time and all space.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

What makes you think you're not a Buddha?

Although the language is foreign, you might find that some of them will stick to your vocabulary because there aren't words in english to describe certain concepts,

To the OP, I also defined the karma as action for many years but when Michael Tsarion explained it is as identifying active ignorance, which you're able to sink your teeth in to and think about karma correctly. I wonder why the Buddhists don't tell the truth and I have to have the vital information explained to me by someone that isn't even affiliated.

Anybody else suspect the poor Buddhist never found ATS and ended up trolling the world?

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

His description of Hell is a lie. Hell is a metaphysical prison, it is not ''solid'' at all, and the thought of being able to 'look' around and walk s even funnier, you're 1/100 of your waking consciousness in hell with a body made of fire and you're trapped in a wrought iron jagged formation - at least the hell realm I visited was, which I believe is known as 'purgatory'. Never listen to a Buddhist unless its a published book from a well known name, they're sure to stunt on you.

new topics

top topics

join