It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Our Entire Universe An Atom In A Different Dimension?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

It is my belief and understanding that we live in a scalar reality. Energy interaction and movement act the same way in all scales, if energy is infinite (can not be created nor destroyed) and our reality is energy, our galaxies are a high intensity of energy so then why couldn't a star or a galaxy be an atom or a sub atomic particle for a reality at a different scale?

Atoms are 99% space, our intergalactic space is 99% space and 1% visible, it's the same in all scales. There are many mathematical theories that result in a scalar universe, the only one doesn't explain it is our old traditional Newtonian theory that this entire system is founded on

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
I like the idea. I've always wondered the same thing.

But then how do we explain the supposed accelerating expansion of our universe?

Our universe is a living being that is growing. The big bang was that being's moment of conception.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang
I like the idea. I've always wondered the same thing.

But then how do we explain the supposed accelerating expansion of our universe?

What if prior to the Big Bang when everything was tightly packed together in one extremely dense and hot bunch, there were actually many of these bunches all around each other that made up the atoms of a star in a different dimension (one scale up from us) and when the star hit supernova and exploded, so did all those bunches (atoms) and everything went flying. So perhaps the expansion (movement) is taking place both in our universe, and in the dimension one scale up from us...

And once the Big Bang and supernova occurred (which was simultaneous) things started to expand and cool off in both dimensions. Then planets began to form with water, ice, and other cool elements, since perhaps our universe is now an atom moving in space in the dimension one scale up from us and so on and so on... kind of like a "as above so below" type deal...

While we expand, so does the dimension one scale up from us. Both the star and the bunch prior to the Big Bang were stationary, and now there is expansion in both dimensions...

Just a different way of looking at things...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yes some vedic texts say the universe is indeed within an atom and that each and every atom in fact contains infinate universes.

Some of our modern scientists are begining to find clues to this like CERN has found MICRO BLACK HOLES which lead to WHITE HOLES which are considered to be the BIG BANG. This is said to be happening everywhere and in everything and may explain the infinate exansion of our universe which is counted as zero because we cannot percieve it with our physical eyes, however in physics mathematical equations I believe this has been encountered.

We also have dark matter and dark energy everywhere expanding everything however we are unaware of this so we appear constant.

The universe is said to be infinate even within the atoms themselves.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Found this interesting take on galaxies being atoms. I think they are onto something, however I think the original notion of OP is correct the universe itself could very well be within an atom.

edit on 21-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Fascinating video. The audio of Neil deGrasse Tyson saying that "The universe is in us" is very true. We are a part of the universe which means we ARE the universe, as a collective whole.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
The cells of your big toe nail, live in Big Toe nail city. They live in their city, blissfully unaware that there are other toes and other toenails in cities too.
They live only for the function they were born for. Live and die as a Big toe nail cell.
Yes they are made up of atoms, elements of the Universe.
But they dont care, they live in Big Toe nail collective universe, that is their only World.
Just imagine what they would think, if they realised that their toe nail city, was attached to a fleshy skin cell city, that floated on a fat and meat cell city, with super internal river highways of blood streams, full of more cells going about their business, and deeper, an internal core of living bone, hard yet soft, dead but alive, with its own internal cells....
Imagine how their tiny minds would react if they new about brain cells, eye cells, all the cells......All the Alien cells, from beyond their World of the big toe nail city........an invasion perhaps.
No...just part of a collective (Universe) of cells called a human being.
Boggles the mind doesnt it?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

I'd be perfectly fine with living in Big Toe Nail City as long as it's not on top of a massive bunion...

Bunion City - Band Name

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
You're asking the wrong question. To higher dimensional beings our Universe is, well, flat, in a sense of having less dimensions. It's not about size or scale but of dimensions.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Due to micro black holes and the singularity all roads lead to the universe is within an atom, pick an atom any atom and youll find a parallel version of us in there lolz.

Each atom contains infinate universes such is the nature of the infinate made finite by our limited vision.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I do not really think that size is really what we should be looking at, it is complexity where there are many different types of interactions, as opposed to just a large object such as a star and its orbit. If you look into the human brain you can see that it is incredibly complex with billions of different electrical interactions, so, to study a star might be quite simple, just its composition and its orbit, however, to study a brain would be almost impossible to truly map.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well if we look at superposition from our understanding of quantum physics we can consider that the BIG BANG is in fact everywhere as a particle and a wave. Meaning its the size of a particle forever and as massive as the entire universe forever too.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Nurelic

every thing that exists is reality, whether in this "dimension" or another. Everything is not one atom, everything is one existence called reality and everything is connected to everything else through the water, air, or even "empty" space.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Nurelic

every thing that exists is reality, whether in this "dimension" or another. Everything is not one atom, everything is one existence called reality and everything is connected to everything else through the water, air, or even "empty" space.

Yes everything is in one atom due to superposition. The BIG BANG began the size of a particle and is everywhere still the size of a particle for it contains all time and space including us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join