It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tattoos.... dumb idea or or a sincere remembrance ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rikku

Loving my kids.
Trying to remember to understand
appreciating and acknowledging life lessons
Hardly a regret

Very well put cody, like you mid forties (still don't know what I want to be when I grow up :lol

Ex-biker (diving back in now I'm single again) and my tats have deep signifigance for me, one of mine is a girls name entwined with a white rose, which most people can't get their little heads around. Story is that she stood by me in dark times and literally saved my life. I haven't spoken to her in twenty two years but the ink is there to remind me that human compassion and kindness can exist even in hell. I know I've been there.

What is your view on names, kids names obviously excepted, my kids names are next for my skin as they are far away from me. Good thread btw bro, S&F.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

So my tattoos are all personal reminders So I ask again dumb idea ?

Yeah, I keep a family album of pictures for my reminders. I also keep letters and emails from my daughter. I just think it's better then putting puke-green and black ink all over my body. Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll tattoo the names of everyone I love on my face. JEEZ!

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Tattoos are stupid and ugly.

They make men look like prisoners and women look like prostitutes.

No exceptions.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rikku

Loving my kids.
Trying to remember to understand
appreciating and acknowledging life lessons
Hardly a regret

Very well put cody, like you mid forties (still don't know what I want to be when I grow up :lol

Ex-biker (diving back in now I'm single again) and my tats have deep signifigance for me, one of mine is a girls name entwined with a white rose, which most people can't get their little heads around. Story is that she stood by me in dark times and literally saved my life. I haven't spoken to her in twenty two years but the ink is there to remind me that human compassion and kindness can exist even in hell. I know I've been there.

What is your view on names, kids names obviously excepted, my kids names are next for my skin as they are far away from me. Good thread btw bro, S&F.

Personally I wouldn't have any name apart from my kids, I married their mother and thought it was love
I would seriously cringe at the thought of seeing her name on my body.
On the lighter side loved my mid-life crisis
You can never put an old biker down bro it's an attitude thing

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Tattoos are stupid and ugly. They make men look like prisoners and women look like prostitutes. No exceptions.
reply to post by DaTroof

I guess that's my opinion too. From a distance tattoos look like dirt or grease on their skin.

I feel it doesn't make women attractive and it makes them look more masculine. There's nothing worse than seeing an attractive women with a gorgeous sleeveless dress or gown with tattoos stamped all over their arms or chest. They do nothing but clash, and it clearly takes away the overall the stunning beauty of the women wearing the dress.

I think men with tattoos look more like criminals and thugs. It's definitely not a clean look and the whole sleeve tattoo and neck tattoo thing is really awful. Anyone who would tattoo their face has to have an issue with self confidence. They're using tattoos as a permanent mask to hide their insecurity.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Tattoos are stupid and ugly. They make men look like prisoners and women look like prostitutes. No exceptions.
reply to post by DaTroof

I guess that's my opinion too. From a distance tattoos look like dirt or grease on their skin.

I feel it doesn't make women attractive and it makes them look more masculine. There's nothing worse than seeing an attractive women with a gorgeous sleeveless dress or gown with tattoos stamped all over their arms or chest. They do nothing but clash, and it clearly takes away the overall the stunning beauty of the women wearing the dress.

I think men with tattoos look more like criminals and thugs. It's definitely not a clean look and the whole sleeve tattoo and neck tattoo thing is really awful. Anyone who would tattoo their face has to have an issue with self confidence. They're using tattoos as a permanent mask to hide their insecurity.

I'm afraid i must take issue with this
The tag line of ATS is deny ignorance
I am well educated, have a degree, work hard and live to my values.
I have tattoos and they are for myself. T-shirt, all covered. If you perceive tattoos as an insecurity you are mistaken my friend, mine are a reminder of my strength in times of doubt.
In order to deny ignorance one must first shift perception and not prejudge.
edit on 10-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I have tattoos and they are for myself. T-shirt, all covered. If you perceive tattoos as an insecurity you are mistaken my friend, mine are a reminder of my strength in times of doubt. In order to deny ignorance one must first shift perception and not prejudge.
reply to post by cody599

Education has nothing to do with it my friend. The most educated people do things earlier in life that they later regret. I know a kid I used to hang around with who was the biggest trouble maker and college party animal who is now a federal judge.
My generation was the age of bell bottoms, silk flowered shirts, long hair and leisure suits. I look back at some of those pictures now and think "what the heck were we thinking of," and chuckle. The difference is, it wasn't permanent like tattoos. We're all human, and like I said, with age comes a different perspective on life.

Don't take this personally, but people denying ignorance can also be the ignorant. Radical Muslims and members of the KKK probably think their beliefs are not ignorant because they truly believe in their cause. The same thing could be said of tattoos, piercings, and people who sag their pants.

However, here's the question, if you are secure knowing who you are, and you know what your strengths are, why would you need it tattooed on your body? Lets be realistic, if one of your strengths is basketball, you wouldn't need to look at your tattoo to remind you you're good at playing basketball before you started to play. That would just be silly.

Do you really think people who tattoo their entire face are not wrestling with underlying problems of social insecurity or the need for attention? You said your tattoos can easily be covered. There had to be a reason why you wanted to make sure they were covered (social conformity).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join