It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happened to music???

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Some more Simon Posford/Raja Ram.There is quite a bit of electronic music out there that is amazing.

But I am biased, any musician that samples Terence McKenna is quite alright in my book.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dubstep? Pfft..how about some Psy-Dub!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I love electronic music

Any Ulrich Schnauss fans?

edit on 12-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Here is some Electronica from India.Very different.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Any Ulrich Schnauss fans?

Yes!

I am also a HUGE fan of Kraftwerk!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I do have to admit,I am biased,I love 80's synth wave.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
This will speak for itself..

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I should state for the record, I have a 16 y/o daughter. I think that states my opinion on main-stream music of today.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Great story here.Dolby talks about the reason for this song.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

And to the commenter who said Malmsteen sucks? yeah..ok.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

In all fairness..there is always Vai.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You guys levon vincent uses the golden ratio to make his techno >?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc
About the time I turned 35, I noticed that new music was no longer "aimed" at me, and I started to think that popular music had started to suck. It's not that I "got old" and suddenly lost my ability to determine what good music is; what changed is that a new generation is coming up, and they want thier own sounds, something to distinguish themselves from the previous generations. I don't like dubstep, because it's not created "for" me.

I have a theory that each generation of people is so different than the ones before it that they require new sounds that reflect not only the times they live in, but the emotional, mental and spiritual experience of what it's like to be them living in that time period. Of course the new music is going to be different, and of course, the older generations are not going to get and like it. That doesn't necessarily mean that the new stuff is bad, but it doesn't mean your parents are just senile old farts who don't get what's cool, either. It's all subjective, based on the spirit of the age and the soul of the people.

i to had this epiphany but just a little common sense tells you that the last bunch of years have just been manufactured bands as opposed to bands with actual talent being exploited by record companies. it's a sad day and age for anyone who loves music and actually, i don't hate the cookie cutter artists mass produced i hate that people gobble this crap up because it's those buying this garbage that puts them on the charts.

if every band had to depend on a "kick-starter" kinda campaign instead of a record company we would easily be able to weed out all the crap bands, probably over night. man, that'd be so awesome.

again.. download before you buy! you try on shoes, pants, etc.. why wouldn't you want to try music out before you spend your money on an entire release for just one catchy, trendy song you heard?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMonkeys

sounds good

and yeah the first 2 are from like 2006. check out biome, dj madd, el b, distance, clue kid, skream, etc

edit on 12-2-2013 by Bushwack3r because: added videos

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Music is dead, and the lyrics on is the dark side.

Music is the window to the unseen...be careful

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
The energy you get from Electronic Dance Music or Dubstep concerts is just PHENOMENAL. I've been to Deadmau5, Skrillex, Porter Robinson, Pretty Lights, Skrillex and Deadmau5 again, KOAN Sound, M Machine, Diplo, and many many more. But I have also been to John Mayer, Kings of Leon, Underoath, and a bunch of other rock/indie concerts and nothing compares to the energy at an EDM/Dubstep concert. Two of the concerts were 100,000 WATT Sound system and let me tell you, I was spiritually and physically moved. The music takes over and I can just be me and dance my problems away.

So what if it's just a compilation of sounds? Is that not what all music is? Lyrics are not always needed. A beat, bassline, suspense, and a drop is components of all music is it not? The connection you get between the people and the artists just through music is really a beautiful thing for someone to experience. You can feel the bass move your every molecule and it is just an experience everybody should have. The fact that these artists can get people to move, dance, be happy, and get goosebumps over their music is incredible. They deserve all the credit they can get because I don't see everybody doing it if it's just as easy as "pressing buttons on their laptops."
edit on 11/2/2013 by clairvoyantrose because: missing content

AMEN to that!!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bootyac
Some more Simon Posford/Raja Ram.There is quite a bit of electronic music out there that is amazing.

simon posford/hallucinogen/shpongle is by far my fave psytrance producers!

....followed by infected mushroom. Ive seen those guys DJ, perform a live PA, and also perform as a band...any who thinks that doesnt take talent then i just dont know.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

We have the chance to turn the pages over We can write what we want to write We gotta make ends meet, before we get much older We're all someone's daughter We're all someone's son How long can we look at each other Down the barrel of a gun? You're the voice, try and understand it Make a noise and make it clear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo We're not gonna sit in silence We're not gonna live with fear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo This time, we know we all can stand together With the power to be powerful Believing we can make it better Ooooh We're all someone's daughter We're all someone's son How long can we look at each other Down the barrel of a gun? You're the voice, try and understand it Make a noise and make it clear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo We're not gonna sit in silence We're not gonna live with fear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo Ooooh We're all someone's daughter We're all someone's son How long can we look at each other Down the barrel of a gun? You're the voice, try and understand it Make a noise and make it clear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo We're not gonna sit in silence We're not gonna live with fear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo You're the voice, try and understand it Make a noise and make it clear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo We're not gonna sit in silence We're not gonna live with fear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo You're the voice, try and understand it Make a noise and make it clear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo We're not gonna sit in silence We're not gonna live with fear Oh-wo-wo-wo, oh-wo-wo-wo You're the voice, try and understand it

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
excision 100,000 watt tour was amazing. but apart from edm music, celtic music is legit.

edit on 13-2-2013 by Bushwack3r because: video

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i can't believe that i forgot about these guys.

i think they say it the best. i like to rock!

and who can forget these guys

and if you listen to the end of the video you can hear the vinyl
edit on 13-2-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join