It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden pushes House Dems on gun control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Joe Biden pushes House Dems on gun control

LANSDOWNE, Va. — In a speech Wednesday night, Vice President Joe Biden implored House Democrats to continue to fight for gun control legislation despite the potential political ramifications of doing so. Read more: www.politico.com...

Yep read the article more lies and using tragedy to push political agenda despite facts the biggest fact there is?

Where do our rights come from?

Some people think they come from government like BIden as he says here:

“It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”

Current events in New York,Chicago, and California tells me they want to do more than just tell us what we can own.

There is one thing I agree with Biden on :Enough is Enough from 1934,1968,1986 to Clintons ASWB and the current administrations aspirations for Part Deux.

The line was drawn in the sand over 200 years ago that line no further shall you infringe the right of the people to be armed.

Considering other current events in California, and the power to kill whoever they want with out any reason what so ever.

Now more than ever in this nations history do the people have the right to BEAR ARMS.
edit on 8-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Biden is just dumb enough to tell us the truth if you listen closely.

Have you seen this video? He admits that these gun control measures won’t stop mass shootings.

Nice work, Joe! Open mouth – insert foot!

My Dad used to tell me, “You don’t have to have a good memory if you’re telling the truth.” When you spin so many lies it’s hard to keep the story straight. This isn’t about stopping gun violence, it’s about disarmament.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
He can push all he wants, but I think most of them want to keep their jobs and they know anything extreme at this point will be a pink slip for sure. Biden should sit down this weekend and read over the Constitution and Bill of Rights to get a better understanding of what rights vs privileges are.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

“I can imagine how we will be judged as individuals, we will be judged as a Congress, we will be judged as a nation if we do nothing,” Biden told House Democrats at their retreat in Lansdowne, Va. “It’s simply unacceptable.”

Really Biden if we were being judged as "individuals" that puts a kibosh on the whole "gun control" argument.

Fact is we have been judged,juried, and executed by you and your peers.
edit on 8-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
We have told our Congressmen and Senators to stick to the Constitution and to a stricter understanding of the Law!
We have said that we love our Freedom and we want our children and our grandchildren to remain free. There is no failure to communicate.
What we have here is a failure to listen!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

“I can imagine how we will be judged as individuals, we will be judged as a Congress, we will be judged as a nation if we do nothing,” Biden told House Democrats at their retreat in Lansdowne, Va. “It’s simply unacceptable.”

Really Biden if we were being judged as "individuals" that puts a kibosh on the whole "gun control" argument.

Fact is we have been judged,juried, and executed by you and your peers.

The man is delusional.

From the OP:

“It is clearly within the right of the government to determine what type of weapons can be owned by the public.”

Their arrogance is stunning, isn’t it?

I agree with SpaDe, Joe needs to break out the constitution and Bill of Rights this weekend and give it a good read!

If he thinks our rights are derived from government he’s a fool. I think this is a case of brainwashing….he’s a victim of his own propaganda.

“If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth. ”
Hitler's Propaganda Minister, Joseph Goebbels

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

he’s a victim of his own propaganda

Truth be told there have been a lot of victims from gun control propaganda-Chicago for one the rest of the world for 2.

This is truly maddening.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
First he says this

Now hes like awe just kidding use your "freedom of speech" you don't need guns.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

“Many of you have scars on your back like I do from having acted, attempted to act, and contining to try act to deal with the senseless gun violence in America,” he said.

This quote makes it sound like Biden is fighting a war against guns. Though I must say this is my favorite quote from the article:

No Mr. Biden it is not within the right of the government to tell the public what guns they can and cannot own. You see, Mr. Biden, the Second Amendment used this phrase that seems so simple but says much about our right to a firearm. This phrase is "shall not be infringed." In other words, Mr. Biden, the Constitution disagrees with you.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Perhaps they should attempt to disarm the real perpetrators of these horrible crimes, you guessed it, the alphabet gangs. Come on you podunk, inbred piss-ant politicians, you have got to know by now that WE know who the guilty parties are! You so called ruling class are friggin inbred, you probably take your brains out at night to play with them. Come get some!

top topics

join