It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't guns protect Chris Kyle, The American Sniper?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
i think there should be a restriction of gun ownership to ex military persons especially those with combat experience. every single one of them might explode one day..

heck if you are in a shooting range and you met this kyle guy, and he told you he killed so many people in warzone and he feels like killing more people in US soil, wouldnt you do the same thing and shot this guy before he climb into a clock tower and start dropping people ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Well, thanks for offering to void and violate our 2nd Amendment Rights.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I honestly hope this is just a troll..

I would never demand that someone lose a constitutional right purely because they served their country...

Obviously you subscribe to the Napolitano way of thinking... sorry as a vet I prefer to follow the constitution not a political party.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Good grief....SMH! Some folks you just cant help......

If you do not like the Constitution, change it....Until then go away.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BugOut

If he/she doesn't like our constitution, he/she can get out of the United States. There is no one in which I'd feel better about being armed on the streets, than the members of our military.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

I honestly hope this is just a troll..

I would never demand that someone lose a constitutional right purely because they served their country...

Obviously you subscribe to the Napolitano way of thinking... sorry as a vet I prefer to follow the constitution not a political party.

hmm, can you look at yourself in the mirror now ? get a good look ? what did you see ?

Are you the kind of person who think everyone should agree with him and everyone who didnt agree with you is a troll or napolitano's subscriber ?

Do you know Soldier's PSTD ? it came from when said soldier got involved in combat (not some rear area grunt) right ? Why would you allow such person , who might explode at any moment , handling a weapon that he is proficient and experienced with ? a weapon that he used to murder people in combat.. You want to risk your countrymen's lives by handing a GUN to this kind of man ?

Would you willing to invite men with know PSTD trauma into your own home and play with your family members / kids ? I certainly would not.

This is just a basic precaution, not to sully that man's honor and contribution to the country.. If your wife got sick with measles , do you avoid her for a while until she is cured OR do you just cuddle with her ?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xedocodex

Seriously? Because he trusted and was standing by the guy that killed him. They don't protect you in all situations. A guy can shoot you in the back of the head even when you are armed if you don't see it coming. However if you hear them breaking in your house or see them coming then being armed gives you the upper hand.

For what it's worth Kyle seemed a little arrogant and IMO was very ignorant in taking someone with PTSD to a shooting range.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The funniest thing about this thread is guns are only tools ,so are explosives we can make autonomously. knives and tactics superior to cops better at combat.Suddenly a Prog MEssiah rolls in and the cry is DISARM to which WE said no. If the issue is pushed beyond legal CONSTITUTIONALITY we win.
edit on 16-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
There's a very simple solution to all these..

Outlaw Firearms ownership in all US States.

That will solve many many many problems with murders and violence..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

A foolish impossible idea that will invite only death. A quiet rage is happening from all this prog garbage. It's what they want but THEY have to move first in a big way then its on and over. About a month,a year if ALL THE Rest of the world show up.
Which they won't,They don't want to lose their stuff to ME and mine. BUT of course you can't understand it if it isn't OBVIOUS so we'll see after November what's left of the left as Obama get's burned.

WE SAID NO and THAT is the end of it.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

A foolish impossible idea that will invite only death. A quiet rage is happening from all this prog garbage. It's what they want but THEY have to move first in a big way then its on and over. About a month,a year if ALL THE Rest of the world show up.
Which they won't,They don't want to lose their stuff to ME and mine. BUT of course you can't understand it if it isn't OBVIOUS so we'll see after November what's left of the left as Obama get's burned.

WE SAID NO and THAT is the end of it.

Many People lived safely in australia and in UK and in Europe where gun is forbidden for civilians.

why would some segment of american population want to own gun inspite of the continuous gun massacres that happened in america ?

there is no safety just by owning a gun, it is an illusion..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I'm not from Austrailia and I will not become them.Not to mention WE are THE world's SWAT team. When ever the UN gets into a big sticky mess they don't call them.You can live where ever you want. Because we aren't moved by these as you are.We are aware of a bigger picture. Also it's nothing new, a few killings here and there by nut balls may scare all of you but it is just Tuesday here.
FEELINGS can get you killed out here I'd rather think with a clear head. Crazy people are the issue. Not guns.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

We don't EXPLODE ,I do have PTSD and you are just talking head addressing a trained combatant. Do you think I am LYING? I shoot all the time and for some silly reason seem to RUN the ranges so everyone is safe. EVERY SINGLE person giggles and fires multiple rounds that I have taken out.
I would trust a warrior before I would trust ANY civilian with a firearm.

It may be a HUGE mistake to hit me or rob me however as THAT could be fatal. It depends on how fast it happens.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

SO, outlawing spoons will stop people from eating too much ice cream and getting fat.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo
There's a very simple solution to all these..

Outlaw Firearms ownership in all US States.

That will solve many many many problems with murders and violence..

News flash: murder and violent crimes are illegal in all US states.

Guns are here in record numbers and they aren't going anywhere. Additional laws won't change a thing. Harsher punishment for criminals would go a long way toward solving the problem. Guns are just as prevalent in many countries with much lower crime rates. The problem is our social programs and broken justice system, not guns.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

No. That's why I practice, practice, practice situation awareness and a fast draw from a IWB holster.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Your motivations are crystal clear.

You want America disarmed and in other threads you called the Haqqani "holy warriors".

When looking at those two FACTS, I think I'll be keeping my guns.

On Topic - who was it that said a gun is a 100% fool proof method of protection against gun violence? I am still waiting to see that tid-bit proven as something more than a liberal lie. I have heard the tired line of "only a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun". Are you equating that with a gun will guarantee you will not be shot or are you just using the death of a soldier to push your agenda?
edit on 17-7-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

No. That's why I practice, practice, practice situation awareness and a fast draw from a IWB holster.

if american only want firearms for show off or photo op / posing, maybe they can allow firearm ownership but it is disabled and cannot be fired. that will prevent misuse of the weapon and you can still practice drawing your pistol or whatever firearm you want.

or the US gov allowed everyone to legally own firearms but they OUTLAW the ownership of bullets.. so this will at least reduce the murder from gun maniacs..

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

And I wish upon a star that you don't reside in the US, don't have the ability to vote here and please, for the love of all that is holy, don't ever go near a firearm. If you look at it sideways, it may just shoot you dead 3 times before you hit the floor.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Yeah I'm not so sure he's "from around here" so to speak. I bet CHINA would love the US to be disarmed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join