It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Enlightenment Explanation & "How To" Discussion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
So here it is, the Ultimate Enlightenment thread, which has been in the works for quite some time. I will do my best to explain, answer questions, provide tons of links to back it all, and show how most religions, have an esoteric core (based on direct experience of these things), that has to do exactly with what I'm about to explain below.

*Note (Please understand, that these explanations are not "beliefs" per se, but are instructions that much up to the world's mystics, Jesus, Buddha, and many many others got "there". Also like Buddha said about his system, I urge you to test all of this and see for yourself if it is so). Also (for those skeptics who will attack me and say, "He's comparing himself to Christ & Buddha!!!") ...I'M NOT COMPARING MYSELF TO ANYONE. I simply saw for myself through direct experience that these things are for real!!!!

Now that all of that is out of the way, I shall proceed:

The Experience Enlightenment, we have to go within and get to "know thy self."

There is a schism between the head, (logic & reason), and the psyche/heart/intuition/subconscious which is (Love, intuition, artistic creativity, and the access point for consciousness to reach it's source).

All the problems we see in the world, are due to this rampant ego, which is all about itself, ego-centric, selfish, corrupt, greedy, power monger, animalistic, etc. Below is the way to free yourself from that

Everything is explained in the picture above, although it can be quite confusing to some, so I will now go about to explain it to you based on how I experienced this, and going through all the levels:

Part 1

Inside of your head, is an Observer/Awareness/Pure Subject, and it is not the same as the Mind/Ego/Thinker of thoughts.

Take this as an example. Right now, Imagine in your ego/mind, an imaginary typical soccer ball. Got it?
Now notice that you are aware of that imaginary soccer ball. The fact that you are aware of that soccer ball, shows that there is the Observer of that the soccer ball, and the ego/mind which thought of the soccer ball. They are 2 distinct and separate entities.

The Ego/Mind is basically the thinker of thoughts. You take yourself to be the thinker of thoughts, but this is an illusion and is not the real you. The ego operates by labeling the body as being "You" ...but that is also an illusion.

Ego: "I am ....... hungry, thirsty, pissed, happy, sad, not good enough, the best, the worst, a sinner, a god, fat, skinny, gender, race, smart, stupid, a christian, an atheist, an american, a brit, a bears fan, a texans fan, a new yorker, a londoner, etc etc

All of these labels of the Ego are all Imagined, just like the soccer ball you imagined earlier in the thread. Remember the soccer ball? You imagined it for the exercise, but when we moved on, it no longer existed, because you began to imagine, & wrestle with, this thread. So too, you imagine yourself to be/exist ...an illusion based fantasy.

Ego again: "I need to ...... I have to ...... I want ......." These are all labels created by the ego. Take the body for example. When the bladder is full, the Ego see's/feels this feeling of the bladder, and then labels it as, "I have to go pee". But that's an illusion. The reality is, that The bladder is full, and has sent a signal/feeling to the brain, to do what is necessary to relieve it.

So really, the bladder is full and needs to be relieved. The Colon is full and needs to be relieved. The stomach is empty, and needs food. The body feels thirsty and needs water. The ears hear sound, the nose smells, the eyes see, the lungs breath, the tongue tastes, the hands touch, the ego labels/thinks. ...and in the midst of all of the aforementioned, Awareness/Observer is Aware of all of these aspects.

If your still having a problem being aware of the Ego, I created a thread a few months back specifically for this case. You can go to it here:
You want to see your ego? You're all idiots, pathetic, useless, scumbags, waste of humans!!!!!!

Part 2

No matter what esoteric religion, spiritual path, even countless philosophers from Greek (Socrates, Parmenides, Empedocles, as well as Neo-Platonism), Christianity, Sufism, Taoism, Zen, Buddhism, Dzogchen, Natives, etc .....all pretty much point to the schism between the head/heart, illusion, ego death, dark night and Enlightenment.

There are various techniques and ways "there", and next up we'll cover letting go the Ego. There are various ways to do this.

1. Neti Neti (Not this, Not this). Involves Observing the Ego, and letting go of it instantly.
2. Observing the Observer. Involves not looking out at the world, or at the images and fantasies of the Ego, but to actually Observe the Awareness/Observer within the head.
3. Buddha's way of Enlightenment (Anapanasati) Involves just sitting and being aware of the breath in and out. Took Buddha 7 months to reach Enlightenment in this way, and BOY will you ever become aware of the Ego by doing this, because the Ego hates this and labels it as boring/stupid/waste of time, etc....
4. Jesus said' Deny yourself and take up your cross. There was a Saint, called Benedict, who would constantly deny himself. Whatever the ego wanted/wants deny it. In the mood for Pizza? Deny it and it eat something basic. Want fame, fortune, tons of chicks? Keep denying the ego whatever it wants ...which starves it.
5 Imagine an orb of white Light in the middle of the head, and breath into it, chi energy going into you as Observer/Awareness. This will also expand it and help to realize it is you.
6. Mahasi style Noting. Involves noting everything that is happening. "Mind is thinking, body is walking, eyes are seeing, stomach is hungry, etc" The more you do it, the easier it gets, the more Awareness expands.
7. Zen Koans: What's the color of Now? Where is not there located? What is, that isn't? Just like the thought of a soccer ball, is not an actual soccer ball; so too who you think you are, is not who you are.
8. Grace. Praying for ego death, seeking God, asking for Enlightenment and putting the intention out there for this to happen eventually brings on Grace. The Source, will meet you half way and make it much more easier.

Part 3

Doing the practices mentioned in part 2, eventually lead to changes that take place. Awareness/Observer begins to expand, to be full of energetic qualities. The ego becomes smaller, quieter. All of the scattered thoughts and illusions begin to subside and "things don't seem to bother you anymore."

You begin to break the chains of the matrix/illusion/ego and are slowly heading towards experiencing the Absolute ...the aspect of you that exists prior to mind/ego/thoughts.

Eventually you, as Awareness/Observer/Pure Consciousness, will pop out of the body in a non-local fashion, and for many, this results in the ego to produce "Fear", which cause the Observer to "pop" back into the head. When it's seen that Fear as also an illusion of the Ego and let go of, then we can proceed to exit the body and explore.

This exploration will reveal a number of exit points or "tunnels" that allow you as Awareness/Observer to exit the body. One is the forehead, the second is at the top of the head, and a third one in the back of the head.

edit on 7-2-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Part 4

Eventually, you reach a point where you, as Awareness/Observer realize that you are not the ego and not the body (the body which is just a vessel, physical vehicle, avatar for the earth realm).

Awareness/Observer eventually expands beyond the head space. In many religious drawings you will see this as Halo's like in those of Christ and Christian Saints, Buddha, and various others. In my drawing, I forgot to color it gold, but it does have various energetic, color, presence, feeling type qualities.

Part 5

At this point, through a complete surrender and letting go of all aspects of Ego and Body, a tunnel (or nadi) opens up in the head area, that allows Awareness/Observer to vertically drop down (just like an elevator), and fall into the heart, where the source is waiting.

It feels like Awareness/Observer is a proverbial drop of water, and the Source, in the heart, is the Ocean. It feels like there is no longer any you, anywhere to be found, and at the same time, everything, everywhere is One grand thing. Pure consciousness united and Infinite.

When this happens, there is even a physical feeling of the heart opening up like a ripe summer flower. Tremendous amounts of Love and bliss pour out of the heart and overtake the whole body, ego/mind, Awareness, Oneness construct.

The physical body begins to change. All sorts of Nadi's begin to open up and be cleared of obstructions, the nervous systems begins to become purified. The body becomes super sensitive to those around it, to the moon, the pressure changes in the atmosphere, pollution, what foods and drinks are put into it, and so on.

Yet even this is not the end. This Union, Enlightenment keeps on growing, expanding, going further and further for the rest of the Bodily life here on earth and in the after life.

Article on how the heart has it's own Brain/Consciousness:

Far more than a simple pump, as was once believed, the heart is now recognized by scientists as a highly complex system with its own functional “brain.”

Article Source

There are various sources and reading to further this process and get much more details then provided here.
The Most Rapid and Direct Means to Eternal Bliss
Former title: THE IMPOSTOR :
Absolute Must Read, Free Online Book to clarify all this

Anadi is one of my favorites

Vigyan Bhairav Tantra : Index of 112 Meditation techniques:
112 ways "there"

Another MUST READ, if your still Confused. Nisargadatta's "The Ultimate Medicine, free online:
Ultimate Medicine

For all you Logic/Reason/Intellectual types, you'd Love Ph.D in Physics A.H. Almaas discuss all this:
Wiki Page
Home Page

Wiki page on Kashmir Shaivism

The Andean Shaman way, Moving your head into your Heart

For Christian's or the Christian way there:
Meister Eckhart:
Eckhart

The Cloud of Unkowing

The Jesus Prayer Method Eastern Orthodox Monk Archimandrite Sophrony

Desert Fathers on Mysticism

Zen Koans:
Zen Koans 1
Zen Koan Studies
How to work with Zen Koans

Here is a fellow, who entered Enlightenment through Neti Neti, and had the Awareness/Observer Vertical drop, into the source. He describes it here (dropping the personal self):

And here is how he awoke to Enlightenment:

And here are a set of videos, a set of 5 (linked here is 1 of 5: on How to Access Superconsciousness:

Of all my time on ATS, this post is my Creme de la Creme. I'm delighted to share this stuff with you guys. I humbly thank you for your time with this info. Many blessings on your journeys!!!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to begin the Q&A portion.

Dom

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Working on it.
Except I still follow the Old Tradition of Discipline and Extreme Physical/Psychological challenges
as a pathway to advancement. Maybe there is an "easier" way as you have pointed out.
Such as breathing exercises. I have never had much success at this, as my internal dialog never shuts up.
My fateful practice is similar to the following statement.
" To cross the great horizon, someone has to row the boat". S&F

edit on 7-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content/Clean up mess

edit on 7-2-2013 by Wildmanimal because: Typo

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Wow...everyone gets on the Band Wagon...

That's not a good thing nor Bad

Just an Observation...OMG

I feel a poem coming on...

Ok...this Enlightenment...is about a Hero

Whom is the word and it's not Nero

Be in your place..don't take sides

We all know...it is just a ride

Bend and Sway...that's here nor there

It's all in perception and not what you wear

I give a thought to those that need love

Beware of the dove

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

I have here to say, that the path you say you walk on is a path I would walk on.
One may not need to expect reward or paradise, for what they receive is the dialog.
Perhaps the dialog is the true reward, providing us with a chance to make of oneself the very paradise sought.
So then, there is no end to the "horizon", no reward that you/your ego might have expected; instead, all that you would have left is that which you carved out of yourself.
- Carved out of your ego, in the constant process of putting up with it. Giving it space to create itself. And at the greatest extent that you would do this for your ego, poof, it turns out to to be an illusion, to never have had an ounce of reality in itself. A respectable, enduring illusion nevertheless. One that has served its purpose, as the individual it proposed to be.

As you may know, this is my mere opinion. True experience in the field of this subject, is better left as experience, I'd say.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Really great OP.

But enlightenment, is not a thought, mind thing, it is a knowing thing.

'' Before enlightenment chopping wood
After enlightenment chopping wood''

It took me literally years to understand that chinese proverb.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Thanks, Dominicus, for bringing Truth to the table. How eloquently you point to Universal Principles, strangely ignored by much of humanity these days.
But it is in the air, and one day we ought to realize the importance of realizing this knowledge. As surely as we now teach reading or math to our children, meditation and mental dynamics will be emphasized.
A simple understanding of how the Mind works, and how it is structured, as presented here, is something we would all do well to grasp. At the least, I think, to be open to this model is to permit its revelation to you, whether following long spiritual practice or in a thunderous moment of enlightenment. It is that 'ask and ye shall be shown' dynamic. Faith carries us here.
Really, to make our way across this life safely, transcendence of our ego is the only way. Herein we find grace in our experience, mercy of the elements, and harmony with our environment. This is being in Tao, and beyond cause and effect. It is how our will merges with God's (ourself), and we truly attain free will.
To transcend ego is to allow health and abundance to your life.
There is a spiritual practice that offers the mantra 'I am.' Contemplation of these words eventually allows one (ego) to approach the one (true Self) who asks the question. Two simple words here become a very powerful tool.
How elegant!

As the OP has made clear, the tools we need to do this are more accessible to more people in more places than ever before. They exist here and there, within ALL the world's great religions, and within us.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

I don't believe in the I Am...concept!..I understand Unity...but the whole forced I Am...is beyond my sensibilities.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
When you find that existence itself is the source of your contentment, then you know that as long as you exist, you will be content. But when you seek contentment in things outside of yourself, outside of what is here now, then your contentment will be delayed and you will suffer. So if you are content with lack, and content with not having your desires fulfilled, then you will never be without.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Very good information here. Star&flag and suscription to you sir!

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Another way to get rid of ego (at least to a large extent) is to practice surrendering to life (saying "I give up" instead of continuing the struggle - then again that can also be a bad thing as one/some can be taken advantage of...)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thank you for this information Dom, I have been looking for this!

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There is no internal and external, to go within, is not possible, to reject everything is possible.
How can something new 'the creative' come about, if we do not let go of the old?
A full glas of water cannot be filled because it is already full.
The mind is the glass, filled with memories which is the knowledge we carry with us, or simply the whole content of our consciousness.

It is not about reaching, but about dying, empty the mind.
Therefore there is no question of a teaching, to follow a path, a teaching, is doomed to fail, as it only adds to the content of consciousness.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

Therefore there is no question of a teaching, to follow a path, a teaching, is doomed to fail, as it only adds to the content of consciousness.

You would still need a teaching to tell you that teachings are doomed to fail, or to empty your mind, etc etc.

I've found various teachings helpful. From Christian Mysticism, Nonduality, Zen, Buddhsim, etc ....have all helped me to empty the glass and find glimpses of, ever increasing increments of enlightenment and detachment from ego.

The teachings are there for a reason. If they were not necessary, the Buddha and Jesus would have stayed quiet.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Great post, I have already learned something new today because of it.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

And see what it has done, it has made followers out of people, in their quest to reach a desired goal.
Descriptions are not the described, truth cannot be poured in words, than it becomes knowledge, not the actual.
Jesus described an alchemical pathway of which he is the gate, but so many are praying to him now for salvation, they don't go through the gate but pray to the gate.
Buddha described a path to liberation, to be free from the wheel of birth and rebirth, but reincarnation is a lie so is the knowledge about an afterlife.

Two great teachers, and it has done nothing for mankind, stil we are as brutal and violent as we have ever been, only now we have very sofisticated weapons to fight with.

There is a great difference between reading about the sun, or actualy see and feel the sun.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by earthling42

And see what it has done, it has made followers out of people, in their quest to reach a desired goal.

What is there to follow and what goal? These are instructions and experiences that happen along the way, when "you/ego/mind" get out of the way and Truth itself shines. There are multitude of ways "there".

Descriptions are not the described, truth cannot be poured in words, than it becomes knowledge, not the actual.

Yes, I know this and have stated this in the beginning by saying that what I'm posting here are words, but the truth is in the experience and to test for yourself if this is true.

Jesus described an alchemical pathway of which he is the gate, but so many are praying to him now for salvation, they don't go through the gate but pray to the gate.

That's alright. That's just one of many many traps along the way. I started off this way as well, and then after getting Baptized, was when I got hit by mystical grace/insight/Holy Spirit.

The one thing in common, is that no matter which route you take, your going to come across yourself, initially as awareness/observer/subject.

Buddha described a path to liberation, to be free from the wheel of birth and rebirth, but reincarnation is a lie so is the knowledge about an afterlife.

How do you know? I know plenty of people who remember past lives, nde's, and I myself remember pre-existing as a Unit of COnsciousness/Awareness.

Two great teachers, and it has done nothing for mankind

It's done plenty. Everything is explicitly interconnected and every act from the tiniest ant walking across your kitchen floor, to a sneeze, to smiling at someone..... everything effects the whole.

Jesus & Buddha inspired so many people, that around them both were built massive archetypal dogmatic religious structures, which exoterically has done more to divide than to unit. However, minority esoteric structures were also built in the form of monasteries (monks, hermits, mystics), and it is through this minority that graduates into Enlightenment in the form of Saints have occurred.

Enlightenment is the next logical step for mankind in its evolution. I forsee a future where technology becomes interlinked with consciousness and everything can be downloaded, including the state of a monk in Enlightenment.

We all come from the One, to the One we all return.

stil we are as brutal and violent as we have ever been, only now we have very sofisticated weapons to fight with.

That's all due to 3 things' Ignorance, Ego, Animalism (the primal passions)

We see less and less of violent brutality in the countries where the majority is educated and where the "religious type" is the minority. With the Internet, all that is changing as well, in that, as the old die, the younger generation comes into its own. This younger generation is one which does its research on the internet, is sophisticated, and intelligent. I of course speak of 1st world countries and specific demographical regions within them.

Just like each individual evolves, so to is each country, and the world as a whole.

There is a great difference between reading about the sun, or actually see and feel the sun.

Yes that's rather obvious isn't it. The whole purpose of this post, is an invitation to see for yourself, experientially, if all of this is true. Sure some will simply skim through it and move along, however the Truth filters out who may approach it and who may not.

If this even reaches One soul to experiences the Absolute, then the post is worth it.

On the other end, if we are to take the approach that the truth is an actual experience (which it is) and not words or descriptions, then the trap is to take the stance that nothing more can be said or done about it, and that's a mistake. Buddha too initially remained quiet with the realization that no words can apprehend the ineffable, however later concluded its better to at least try and point to it and discuss a way to realization, than to remain quiet.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

www.amazon.com...

I just listened to this guy being interviewed, but have not yet read the book.
Based on the interview, I think their is some good stuff in the book... just
wanted to leave a page/note here for future reference. He seems to be saying
that the secret of Sion (and the tower of BAB.EL) was ascension to heaven.
...is this the same idea as leaving or exiting one's own ego/head?

edit on 9-2-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

In my opinion, you're just teaching people how to become possessed by demons.
Here's a reason why.

I'd like to hear from people who have been doing these things for years to see what they are like mentally and morally as a result of their exploits.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: To add.

edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: Spelling.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

In my opinion, you're just teaching people how to become possessed by demons. Here's a reason why.

I figured it was a matter of time before someone put a fundy or dogmatic spin on why this thread leads to evil, and I assure you I have been well prepared for such a response.

"Some" are involved in all sorts of Spirit attachment, and they use all the pop and esoteric lingo to get people to join their crew. On top of that, induced narcotics were involved of various sorts, and all other types of shady practices and characters alike.

The link provided spelled "shady & stay away," from the get go. In particular along the path to Enlightenment/Union w/ God, there are numerous traps and attachments to be weary of along the way and certainly the author of the link seems to have fallen into one. Considering he was new to the whole "spiritual" scene, it's not surprising that he got sucked in and tricked like that.

I'd like to hear from people who have been doing these things for years to see what they are like mentally and morally as a result of their exploits.

You are talking to one. Been at it for a decade now, and surprisingly, I started off as a goody two-shoes dogmatic Evangelical, attending the services each weekend and reading my Bible, til my eyes were swollen, attended every service, and practiced as best I could, the teachings of Christ and tenets of the Bible.

Jesus became my oxygen. Cut forward 14 months, the pastor says I should get re-baptized (since I got baptized catholic as a child) but now was of "age" and "understanding." I got baptized in Lake Michigan, Illinois and everything went off without a hitch. I continued to pray devoted and completed saturated in the things of Christ. Then one night, as I prepared to hit the hay and finish the day, I was indwelled from the top of the head, to the bottom of my feet by the Holy Spirit, who slayed my ego in the process. This Holy presence was Divine, from God, bringing the gifts of the Spirit, ecstasy and rapture, transcendence, Love of all people selflessly, nonjudgment, peace, and timelessness.

I went back to the Church to ask about this Holy Divine experience, and come to find out that no one in "The Churches" knows what has happened to me. Eventually someone mentions that it sounds like I got a big dose of the Holy Spirit and that perhaps an Orthodox Monastery could be of help. So I called a monastery and talked to the Abbott. He says with laughter, "Relax my son, you have been indwelled with the Holy Spirit and are now undergoing the transformation of the Divine Mysteries of God. Here's a list of books to get yourself acquainted with, that will describe all your experiences and how much more deeper they will eventually get....... which are supposed to culminate in Union with God, through Christ.

What were the Books you ask? They are listed in the OP in the this thread at the top of this page in the "Christian section." Basically they were all the writings of the Saints, Hermits, Monks, and Mystics within Christianity who experienced the Holy Spirit the way I did, and eventual Union w/ God. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, the Cloud of Unknowing, Writings of the Desert Fathers (Philokalia) ...I'm talking writings by actual Christians who spent the majority of their time in prayer and being transformed by God.

.....not writings or services by seminary theological school weekend pastors.

I went to a famous theologian who is published, on international radio, tours the world speaking about Biblical things etc ....famous world wide ...went to him about my experiences, and he had NO CLUE what-so-ever about them. All book knowledge and no direct experience of the Divine, Holy Spirit!! Western Christianity is taught by blind teachers (pharisees, saducees, etc).

So eventually I deepened my cross-reference studies of other religions and how they compare and came upon Nonduality, Buddhsim, Adviata, & Zen. Without bias I studied Zen, and came across this Koan:

"Just like the thought of a rock, is not an actual rock; So too who you think you are, is not who you really are."

I found in the statement above pure logic, pure reason, timeless and not owned by any religions or labels. It was a statement that stands on its own and no one can claim ownership of it.

Well just from wrestling with the Above, I eventually shifted into Awareness/Observer and saw that the ego/Mind/thinker of thoughts is not me. I saw that the Ego in everyone is like "Legion" for there are many, and everyone has this built in, and yet we are not that. We are the original Awareness that was there as a child. The "ego" forms along the way, from worldly programming

If you like, I can post all the supporting Bible verses for the OP, since Christian Mysticism also has apologetics.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join