It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else digging Dead Space 3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I decided to buy it about 2 days ago, and damn is it fun =) I haven't tried co-op cuz I like the feeling of being alone and scared like # =D I might try it later on though. Haven't touched multiplayer.

Here are a few screens I took recently (playing on pc, and sorry for the small size. ATS won't let me use bigger versions)

What do you guys think of it so far ? I think the atmosphere is amazing, and the story so far is decent =P
edit on 7-2-2013 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

Looks interesting from screenshots. Does the game simulate zero gravity well?
I

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Oh very well. Stuff basically floats as if it were under water. Also, if for example you don't use the jetpacks on your back/shoes, you will not be perfectly still. you will slowly float. Sounds are also really awesomely simulated. Like for example how sounds aren't completely gone, but that stuff has this slight "muffled" sound. But it's so silent muffled sounds that you can easily mistake everything for being completely silent.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah it´s a good game, Dead space 2 was better though.

The dead space games just get less and less spooky, and more and more actioney, which is slightly sad methinks.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I'm actually 20% in, and so far I think it's equally unsettling just like DS2. I never thought DS2 was "scary", just very unsettling. Because of how you're alone for the most part, and everything is usually so dark and quiet. Until the monsters turn up ofc

edit on 7-2-2013 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Damn! I haven't even played the second one yet.
I think i am going to go buy this right now. Looks like I am not going to have a life again for the next few days

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 404ed
Damn! I haven't even played the second one yet.
I think i am going to go buy this right now. Looks like I am not going to have a life again for the next few days

If I were in your position, I'd just jump straight ahead to DS3. Because I have a tendency to never care too much about playing games in order (watching movies is a different story).

Also, the graphics/art leap Visceral Games made from DS2 to DS3 is pretty big. DS2 does not look this pretty =)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZikhaN

If I were in your position, I'd just jump straight ahead to DS3. Because I have a tendency to never care too much about playing games in order (watching movies is a different story).

Also, the graphics/art leap Visceral Games made from DS2 to DS3 is pretty big. DS2 does not look this pretty =)

Uh Oh! I hope that doesn't mean i need to upgrade my graphics card.
I really need to get a play station. Computer upgrades suck.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

Oh don't worry, it looks very good, but it doesn't require an amazing computer. I have a GTX 670, and this game only uses up max 40% of my GPU, which is REALLY low. Even now when I'm playing with constant 60 fps.

Here are some more screens (trying not to spoil too much):

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I Have a Geforce 8800 GT alpha dawg edition, but i have no idea who it fairs to newer G cards.
My computer itself probably needs upgrading more than the G card itself. Its an Acer aspire from almost 10 years ago. even running farcry3 on descent settings was still a little choppy.
edit on 2/8/13 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ouch, yea 8800GT is quite out-dated now. But you should still be able to play it capped at 30 fps I believe.

More screenshots incoming:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm might get it later after i've finished my second playthrough of Dead Space 1 and purchased and played Dead Space 2.

top topics

join