It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adobe Release CS2 products for Free!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not really computer help but don't know where else to put this.

Source

Adobe has released the following CS2 products for PC and Mac for free:

After Effects CS2
Illustrator CS2
Photoshop CS2
Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0

And more...

Downloads here

Simply download and use the serials provided!

I can confirm they work no problem on Windows 7 64 bit

CS2 was updated and supported until 2005 so this isn't really old crappy Photoshop its actually really good Photoshop 9

I had an Adobe subscription to CS6 but have now cancelled as CS2 has everything I need and its free, Perfect!

Nice one Adobe!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
That's great, should help cut down on piracy as people who like to use Adobe products as a hobby and would rather not pay for a full suite will be able to download this rather than go through the trouble of obtaining an illegal copy of CS6.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That's awesome.
I wonder how cs2 compares to gimp 2.0?
Gimp does all I need it to.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That's insane.

Nice. I wish they still developed (after acquiring) paint shop pro. I still use v9 and cannot make the migration to a fancy photoshop version.

It's funny that all the things I was able to do in pspro9 that took a little bit of ingenuity, are defined as tools in most photoshop products.

No wonder everything is photoshopped.

Lol, oh no, now everyone will have a copy !!!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

I wonder if the illegal downloads of VMWare will go up now with everyone trying to reinstall XP in a virtual box.

Or maybe just virtualpc.. that works fine.

Pity windows 8 removed the XP mode virtualPC.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
That's great, should help cut down on piracy as people who like to use Adobe products as a hobby and would rather not pay for a full suite will be able to download this rather than go through the trouble of obtaining an illegal copy of CS6.

I think piracy has went down since adobe started offering Pay As You Go on its products, I used CS1 for about 4 years until I started using CS6 on Pay As You Go its currently at £27 for a month of use, just pay for it when you need it pretty good business model actually because its the first time Adobe's had any money from me...

I mainly use Photoshop for doing tutorials on my website like this:

networkconnected.co.uk...

CS2 has everything I used in CS6 there's no point in paying for stuff you don't need...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

CS2 is better than Gimp 2.0 I have both.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
reply to post by GmoS719

In what ways?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by roughycannon

Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 products, including Acrobat 7, because of a technical issue. These products were released more than seven years ago, do not run on many modern operating systems, and are no longer supported.

Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software. The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products.

I wonder if the illegal downloads of VMWare will go up now with everyone trying to reinstall XP in a virtual box.

Or maybe just virtualpc.. that works fine.

Pity windows 8 removed the XP mode virtualPC.

You don't need win XP, CS2 was supported until 2005 with windows vista.

It all works on Windows 7 64 bit (I'm using it now, done the pic in the OP with it) Windows 8 works too, not sure about OSX as I don't have a mac but a quick Google seems to show it works no problem.

The only reason they are releasing them is because they don't want to support it anymore...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by roughycannon
reply to post by GmoS719

In what ways?

Tools, effects, workflow, speed and support, it an industry standard.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is absolutely awesome. I've been wanting to get something for Photo editing, but didn't want to use GIMP (too complicated for beginners) and didn't want to pay the huge tag on Photoshop.

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
even free i wouldn't recomend a casual user use photoshop. it's almost half a gig in size and use's alot of cpu (depend's on your computer of coarse).
paint.net will probably do everything you want and gimp isn't that difficult to use.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Never in the 10+ years I used it have I heard anyone say that their computer was too slow for Photoshop... lol

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
"The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2"

Technically they haven't released it for free.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If anyone has download it post back here what system you have so people will know what it works on.

I've got all 4 mentioned in the OP working no problems on Windows 7 64 bit (fully patched and up to date with windows update)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
"The serial numbers below should only be used by customers who legitimately purchased CS2"

Technically they haven't released it for free.

Yes but they have shut down their validation servers its no longer supported and will never call home, technically your right but its now been set free into the wild where they have no control over it,

I actually registered mine after I installed it and it got accepted no probs...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
When CS7 comes out, will they be willing to release CS3 for free? I doubt that.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I went to the link but then this popped up in RED.

Not sure if this should be downloaded.

It doesn't seem like it will work properly.

It also says the serial numbers should be used by those who purchased the program to begin with. I don't download anything that is considered copyright infringement esp with programs like this. I dont need computer issues if it isn't going to work properly.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

edit on 20-2-2013 by cyoshi because: Replication

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

They are offering it free and clearly state that the activation server is switched off. If you are adobe then that is a free offer. They did post it online for all to see with all the product keys too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join