It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO in California February 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I apologize if this video has been posted, it is so difficult to locate previous video posts. I wish one could input a youtube video code into the ATS search function to see if it has been posted, but alas this is not the case. At any rate I found this video uploaded 22 hours ago, but am not sure of the actual filming date. (p.s. the title of the thread is the title of the video)

The video begins with what appears to be a setting sun and a white object "drifting" in front of it. It "drifts" like a flare would do for a few moments, but suddenly changes direction and accelerates until it disappears.

I have reservations on this, although it is odd. There seems to be no reaction to the event by anyone including the person filming it even though the beach is filled with people. Okay so most would not be looking up at the sun at the time but still there is no reaction by the person filming. I can not find any type of video editing in the original so I would like to have other member inputs on this.

Thank you,

Agarta

Edit to add: Is it possible that a strong wind could have caught a flare and sent it into another direction at such a high speed and then caused it to go out?
edit on 6-2-2013 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Very cool video. I anxiously await the opinions of the experts here. That white light sure does move fast when it switches direction.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Very interesting video indeed OP, here is a star and flag for you

In my opinion that light looks to high to be a flare and seems to flash away in the other direction in an almost "mechanical manner.. methinks?

I wish Phage was here to share his insight into this!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
To be honest I hink its a fake - You can see a plane or helicopter passing the moon/sun (which is it?) around the same time - I think the camera person was filming that originally and then the light is a CGI addition to the video. Just my opinion.
edit on 6-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm going with CGI ...here's another one .

Looking through their channel I get a feeling that looknowtv has something to do with or is a replacement for xxxdonutsxxx channel .

STOP Stealing LOOK NOW TV VIDEOS! © LookNowTV. All Rights Reserved. You are welcome to embed the LookNowTV videos, but do not reupload our content. This channel has copyrighted content that belongs to youtube/LOOK NOW TV! STEAL IT and reupload it ...

They are a business , their channel is stuffed with fake UFO videos ... the UFO is fake .

edit on 6-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Nice catch. Not sure what that is. But something is definitely there. Very interesting.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I was going to say at around 1.11-1.16 you can see what looks like the tail light flashing of a small plane or helicopter. Very interesting none the less.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'm calling Adobe After Effects on this because making a fleck of light overlay is one of the easiest things to do. With that in mind I think the animation path of the spot was done with a degree of uncertainty by an amateur, that with no other witness, or vocal reaction from the crowd or the person filming...

Thats just my immediate impression anyway for what its worth.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thank you all for posting and to all that mention seeing an aircraft this is what the quote under the video states(it calls it the moon but to me it looks like a setting sun)

Published on Feb 5, 2013

Are aliens real? A UFO was sighted over a California beach. If you look real close you can see what looks like a commercial airlines crossing in front of the moon. The UFO passes in front of the moon two times.

So they do acknowledge there was also an aircraft which is why I mentioned the flare.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
well, this is pretty interesting.....at least it appears it could be real....but without one of the experts here on CGI giving some credence to this, i'm on the fence. but, it's a hell of alot better than some of the "white dots in a black backround" type of clips shown as being true UFO's

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Moon? Night swimmers.

I believe the photographer was originally only filming the jet, the 'ufo' added later.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Just be honest. Have you ever seen a ufo video that you didn't find to be a hoax or conventional object? I think we have a right to know.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That's crazy, the one over the sun. It makes you think what they are doing? Are they getting charged by the sun? Or are they messing around like we do?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

but without one of the experts here on CGI giving some credence to this, i'm on the fence.

The OP video is fake and was made using Adobe After Effects ....just like this one .

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by gortex

Just be honest. Have you ever seen a ufo video that you didn't find to be a hoax or conventional object? I think we have a right to know.

No , you don't .

edit on 6-2-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by gortex

It is kind of a buzz kill isn't it. Bummer for Gortex as much as it is for me and many others who are always hoping to see that 'one special video capture'. But for me, once you've worked in the cgi industry, and poured over years worth of films just to be disappointed again and again, I learned to more easily see through the face value of what something seems to be, and break down a number of elements that lift the vail of mystery and present what is actually going on in the reality of it all.

I can honestly say I've seen some videos or photos that I could not dismiss and was convinced theres a very good chance it might be the real deal. I love it when those few surface, it gives me hope.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

F&S Great job and great video.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is a post effect. Why?

OH hey look I can see the sun setting with my bare eyes! I think I will film it!

The camera stays steady on the setting sun which was obviously the subject. And because the sun was still bit high but was visible it seemed to the videographer a nice subject. Because of Clouds or pollution the sun is a nice Orange/Red yet visible without hurting your eyes or making the camera loose definition, color balance or shadow! That is a big clue...

Now in flies an almost as bright (although not as large) as the sun white object, since our eyes are designed to spot movement and bright light instantly the camera should move along with that object and follow it yet it stays steady on the Sun.

In these case it is without a doubt obvious that the subject was not a UFO when the camera does not track the object.

Nor do you hear any astonishment at the sight of a UFO, only the Ocean wind, although they may be thinking what a beautiful sunset...
edit on 6-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

That response tells us all we need to know. You declare ALL ufo vids fake. No value to reading your responses in this forum.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

To be fair though if you are somewhat familiar with after effects etc (i assume Gortex is) that light does look like it was done using that or a similar program. It would be incredibly easy to recreate - the sun/moon is a perfect object to use to track the video and then animate the light over top. So I completely agree with Gortex.

"That response tells us all we need to know. You declare ALL ufo vids fake. No value to reading your responses in this forum. "That is kind of bull# - Show me one video on here that hasn't been a proven a hoax or has another reasonable explanation because i havnt seen one.

edit on 6-2-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

To be fair I think very few have been proven either way. Like I stated in my OP of this thread, I was thinking it was a flare caught in the wind, but it was simply a possibility. Yes, there are ways to show how a video can be hoaxed and sometimes there are very good points given, but most of those are only reactions to how one would assume the one that films it would do it. I made the point that there was no reaction and most times that is a give away. My point is just because someone says it is a balloon and the consensus says it is a balloon doesn't make it a balloon unless someone comes forward and verifies there was a balloon. Just because it looks manipulated does not mean it is, undeniably, unless someone can bring up the video into a program that allows for one to view any edits and this is very rarely done. An explanation is just that, it is not proof. I read somewhere that 3% (or was it 30% I don't remember probably 3%) are real, but because they can be explained with todays technology they get overlooked and pushed aside.

Almost anything can be reproduced today with video and image editing, but without being able to delve into the edit logs there is no way to tell for sure and it leaves it to only speculation, not proof, either for or against. I honestly would like more people, who like to debunk, to come in and show more evidence rather than a statement. There have been several people in this forum that do go as far as to state evidence of why they feel it is fake, like some of the posters in this thread even. They explain that the video is stationary on the sun and not following the object. This is good reasoning in a lot of cases, but in this one there was no reason to move it especially if the person filming it was worried about focus, but you put that with the lack of reaction, not zooming in, at least in the attempt for a better shot, it makes it probable this was edited, but not proof, because it is based on what we would do or how we would react while filming it. I for one think that this video is not alien in nature and it is probably CGI, but I have seen nothing but good points and no proof either way in this and a vast majority of videos.

I just wish posters that wish to debunk would do more than simply saying it is fake. Just like in math class, don't just state opinion as fact, show your work. I realize that this wish will never come to pass, but one can hope. It is about learning and understanding how to recognize. It is about denying ignorance by helping others to understand how to view it and how to break it down not just throwing an opinion and walking away.
edit on 6-2-2013 by Agarta because: spelling and puctuation

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join