It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Slang Do You Commonly Use on ATS ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
''Dropped the bomb'' - Revealed explosive information pertaining to some matter of ignorance -.

''Jewels'' - Heavy pieces of knowledge, wisdom, or other information laced with truth and knowledge of reality.

''Dropping science'' - Explaining in detail, matters consisting of the operation, action and form of some truth.

''Marinating'' - Considering information, dwelling on the nature of some matter and allowing your mind to absorb the substance.

''G'' - Term of endearment and respect used towards another member. Perhaps, ''god, gnostic, gangster.''

What terms do you all use is your day to day conversation ?
edit on 6-2-2013 by Kapablanka because: Laptop keyboard is wack, hit enter by accident = empty thread.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
What's AT? Are you saying ATS?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

lol

The following are my own interpretations.
[color=777777](Just the first thoughts that came to my mind upon reading each phrase)

''Dropped the bomb'' - Revealed explosive information pertaining to some matter of ignorance
Depends on what kind of 'bomb' has been dropped.
When I see that phrase, I think only of the 'F-Bomb'.

''Jewels'' - Heavy pieces of knowledge, wisdom, or other information laced with truth and knowledge of reality.
Family Jewels

''Dropping science'' - Explaining in detail, matters consisting of the operation, action and form of some truth.
Dropping a Deuce

''Marinating'' - Considering information, dwelling on the nature of some matter and allowing your mind to absorb the substance.
Medium rare please. A little bit bloody, but I do not want it to 'Moo' at me after I poke it with my fork.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

hi dude, man,
i really love "big lebowski"
;

later, man....

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Medium rare please. A little bit bloody, but I do not want it to 'Moo' at me after I poke it with my fork.

Just reminded me of my favorite quote:

''How do you want your steak?''

''Medium! Medium Rare!''

''Medium?! Eeeahh....An aristocrat ! ''

The scene takes place in jail, in a ''club med'' section where the boys chill lobster on ice, fry t-bone steaks, drink red wine and eat fresh bread. Last night I saw the actor on a cooking show and he explained the origin of the line - something he heard from his grandfather or uncle - it wasn't part of the script, and everyone loved it, me too =) Any guesses ?!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kapablanka

Any guesses ?!
Not really. No guesses anyways.
I did figure out what movie it was from, but I had to cheat.

Goodfellas would fall into the category of being one of those 'somewhat older' movies that I have never seen, but because of the actor's in it, and the very high ratings it received, I know I will definitely watch it... eventually.

I actually just recently saw it posted, and was thinking about watching it soon anyways, so maybe I'll just go ahead and make that 'sooner than later'.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Haha! Good call, bravo. I'm not sure what kind of movies you're in to, and I'm not much of a movie buff myself and I couldn't tell you why, but Goodfellas has unlimited replay value to me; I never get tired of it. If you're in to classy gangster flicks, not the happy meal variety of poodle trash hollywood releases, you'll love it. You can't miss the 'aristocrat' scene; the female host of the cooking show was impressed by the actors tales, myself included. Let me know how it goes. Enjoy that epic movie - classic joint.

top topics

join