It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Stealth IP - The Answer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesterbr549
Having my web site hacked by a bunch of spooks is not acceptable and, if it is to you, than you definately need to unplug and follow your own advice cause, you all are certainly not part of the solution, but part of the problem...

Ha Ha Ha...I think I may have given you the wrong idea before. The reason I know about this stuff doesn't come from me trying to use it. It comes from working as a tech and network admin. and having to learn how to protect my network. The best way to do that is to basically do what you can to learn what your attacker already knows and uses.

I understand your position and the fact that you're upset about it. Believe me I've been there too. That is also the reason I choose not to risk much personally. I keep the perspective that these machines are just really cool toys and handy tools but never to rely on them so much that they end up causing mass stress in my life.

Try not to let it get ya down. It happens to practically everyone at some point. Use it as a learning experience and do what you can to educate yourself atleast enough so that you can greatly reduce the odds of it ever happening to you again. Or you can hire someone else to protect you if you must but it may be costly. It's similar to owning a car, (and one that you can work on yourself), in that it's always a benefit when you can get yourself back on the road again if and when trouble arises.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I promised myself not to be dragged into this discussion again, but having read the thread once more and looking at all the - not so brilliant - answers from Jesterbr549 I think I must comment one last time.

This is a long post, but I want to make certain that you realise that this guy isn't listening to us, just to his inner voices...

Since the issue of this thread somehow got clouded let me just brielfy reinterate some of the finer posts of this thread:

Jesterbr549 started this thread by asking about help how someone apparently anonymously managed to get information from his site at www.geocities.com... and comment on information at his site on other sites.

(Jesterbr549's site is btw a very peculiar mix of Apocalyptic Christianity, some really heavy doses of paranoia and some strange astronomical "insights". Oh and he refers to Jesus as Y'SHUA BAR Y'HOVA, which I belive he thinks is the Hebrew rendering of Jesus name.)

Jesterbr549 couldn't see anyone - in his www.statcounter.com web-Statistics program that is - calling up a particular page with info, but nonetheless people - who these people are Jesterbr549 (or David Hill as is his real name) wouldn't reveal, but hinted in a later post that [QUOTE] "...Having my web site hacked by a bunch of spooks is not acceptable...",
[END QUOTE] which probably indicates that someone "high up" is after him. So what conclusions does David draw?

Well, since he cannot see anybody accessing the page and someone apparently did that, then someone must have used "Stealth IP", that is an IP that didn't get registred.

It doesn't matter for David that several people, the moderator from this forum, myself and several others explained that the Internet doesn't work this way. We talked about hiding the "real" IP-address behind proxies or hijacked WLANs and how it is possible to gain some anonymity on the Internet, but some traces - at least the IP of the proxy - will be logged at the target, in this case the Geocities web-server. But this was unacceptable for David. "Someone", who he couldn't see in his logs - apparently "...a bunch of spooks..." - looked at his website and possible changed it as well.

If you read this info on this mans website you will see at:

www.geocities.com...

"...You know, the really cool thing about having a IP tracker on your site is you can see who visits your site - normally.

And, further, if you use Master.com, you can see when one of your links is broken. In fact, I have found several links that became mysteriously broken and was able to reconnect them without any problem and, lo and behold, I haven't had any more broken links since then.

Now, a new problem has cropped up that requires another running editorial and that is that now I am experiencing LINKS THAT GET CHANGED TO ANOTHER LINK ENTIRELY from what I originally linked it too. These, of course, will not register on Master.com, cause it doesn't care what the original link was. Exactly how many Web Masters do you know that have this particular problem?...
"

which proves to David that it is no longer just anonymous browsing, but "someone" is changing his links on his site...

And it gets much worse - proving for me at least that this clown doesn't really know what he is talking about:

www.geocities.com...

"...I started noticing that, in my email account I would get a failed delivery notice for an email that I never sent, to an address that I didn't recognize, and though I have heard that this was possibly just a technical problem, I suspected that someone had access to my account, and was possibly mailing out letters to people as if from me.

This was confirmed when, after a while, I changed my email password, and the same day someone I didn't know emailed me with the subject of passwords - they were basically hinting to me that it didn't matter what password I picked as they could still access my account anytime they wanted to. Another junk mail arrived a couple days later about encryption technology, which I have never received before or sense that time. This latter has actually happened several times...
"

So David is freaked out by receiving a "Failed Delivery Notice" of a mail he hasn't sent. This is a sign of worm-activity, where someone who has Davis's mail-address in the adressbook have been infected, and the worm spoofs the sender adress.

And he get freaked out of SPAM mentioning encryption and passwords...and it has "...actually happended several times....

Well, David SPAM works this way, you get them alot of times.

Who is this clown anyway?!?

If you read my posts in this thread you will see that I actually solved the "Mystery" for David, proving that it was only a bad implementation from statcounter.com that caused this error. I even did some tests proving that I could input whatever I wanted into Davids logs...

And what does he say to every person that want to help him?

Basically "You are wrong on this. There must be a way for someone to get into my site, and scr*w your explanations. I may be computer illiterate [he actually says so in a reply to one of my posts], but *I* know that you all lie..."

MODERATOR:

I think this would be a good time to lock this thread since David really doesn't want any of our help here at ATS, he just wants us to acknowledge his paranoia and that someone is after him.

"Mystery" solved.
Case closed.
I for one isn't going to waste my time on this clown again.

// kickass

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickass
I promised myself not to be dragged into this discussion

But of course, you lied...

This is a long post, but I want to make certain that you realise that this guy isn't listening to us, just to his inner voices...

"The same judgment you judge others with you are guilty of yourself"

Jesterbr549 started this thread by asking about help how someone apparently anonymously managed to get information from his site at www.geocities.com... and comment on information at his site on other sites.

And, which I proved was being accomplished by the servers themselves one of which said that the hits of the sites indexing should show which they haven't and one of the mods said, "They're programed not too" which, in fact, is not the case, bright boy.

(Jesterbr549's site is btw a very peculiar mix of Apocalyptic Christianity, some really heavy doses of paranoia and some strange astronomical "insights". Oh and he refers to Jesus as Y'SHUA BAR Y'HOVA, which I belive he thinks is the Hebrew rendering of Jesus name.)

Ah, so what are you doing on this cospiracy site, may I ask? Actually, that becomes apparent from your words below.

Jesterbr549 couldn't see anyone - in his www.statcounter.com web-Statistics program that is - calling up a particular page with info, but nonetheless people - who these people are Jesterbr549 (or David Hill as is his real name) wouldn't reveal, but hinted in a later post that [QUOTE] "...Having my web site hacked by a bunch of spooks is not acceptable...",
[END QUOTE] which probably indicates that someone "high up" is after him. So what conclusions does David draw?

Wow, you really do have an obscession with me don't you buddy. You are betraying your "real job" now ain't you...

Well, since he cannot see anybody accessing the page and someone apparently did that, then someone must have used "Stealth IP", that is an IP that didn't get registred.

Yeah, just like those servers which are suposed to be registering and they are not

It doesn't matter for David that several people, the moderator from this forum, myself and several others explained that the Internet doesn't work this way.

Hate to tell you this buddy, but I ain't real impressed with the amount of knowledge I have seen displayed on this web site by you and some others when, in fact, I have proven various servers are not registering on my web site when they should.

We talked about hiding the "real" IP-address behind proxies or hijacked WLANs and how it is possible to gain some anonymity on the Internet, but some traces - at least the IP of the proxy - will be logged at the target, in this case the Geocities web-server.

Really, than why arn't they being "logged" on my Geocites account bright boy.

which proves to David that it is no longer just anonymous browsing, but "someone" is changing his links on his site...

Yup - and you seem to know all about it - hmm...

And it gets much worse - proving for me at least that this clown doesn't really know what he is talking about:

"The same judgment you judge others with you are guilty of yourself" - you've already proven that your a liar so what else can we expect.

So David is freaked out by receiving a "Failed Delivery Notice" of a mail he hasn't sent. This is a sign of worm-activity, where someone who has Davis's mail-address in the adressbook have been infected, and the worm spoofs the sender adress.

Really, than how did it this worm (more like a snake actually), manage to type up a complete letter and send it to an address overseas, may I ask? Notice the 'subject' of the letter at the URL below :

www.geocities.com...

And he get freaked out of SPAM mentioning encryption and passwords...and it has "...actually happended several times....

Really, exactly how do you know it was SPAM may I ask?

Well, David SPAM works this way, you get them alot of times.

Yup and you also get a lot of spooks who feel that they need to cover their arses so they all get together and attack one individual. Notice all the responses to some of my old posts today on this site. Quite a coincidence.

Who is this clown anyway?!?

I see you have borrowed your buddy Amadouche's Mirror...

If you read my posts in this thread you will see that I actually solved the "Mystery" for David, proving that it was only a bad implementation from statcounter.com that caused this error. I even did some tests proving that I could input whatever I wanted into Davids logs...

No, you didn't "solve" the mystery, you just proved that there was a mystery, for the servers IP's should be registering and they are not. Thanks for you help jackass - but that begs another question. Exactly why is it that you are so handi with a computer, may I ask?

And what does he say to every person that want to help him? Basically "You are wrong on this. There must be a way for someone to get into my site, and scr*w your explanations. I may be computer illiterate [he actually says so in a reply to one of my posts], but *I* know that you all lie..."

Well, you proved that you are a liar above, and I did not accuse any one of lying, as you have just done, I simply showed them that their reply did not fit the facts as recording in my IP stats. And further, as stated, I agreed with some of their conclusions.

MODERATOR:I think this would be a good time to lock this thread since David really doesn't want any of our help here at ATS, he just wants us to acknowledge his paranoia and that someone is after him."Mystery" solved.Case closed.I for one isn't going to waste my time on this clown again.

And, here you see his, and others motivation. He spues out his propaganda to try and slander my name and than whines to the moderators so that I can't defend my self in public. Than he runs away. Good ridance. This is exactly what is happening all across this board and IF the mods are above the board than they should realize that there are plently of spooks on this site and they will kiss up to them so as to influence what occurs on this web site. He also wants this thread closed BEFORE I post any more information from the experts on this particular subject - those from Master.com, Statcounter and Yahoo.

If the mods close this thread down before I have posted the experts statements regarding this subject, that it will be all the proof anyone needs to draw a reasonable understanding of what this site is really all about...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
Use it as a learning experience and do what you can to educate yourself atleast enough so that you can greatly reduce the odds of it ever happening to you again. Or you can hire someone else to protect you if you must but it may be costly.

Or you can just rebuke them in the name of the Lord Y'shua bar Y'hova -
That usually takes care of those little pests...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesterbr549
If the mods close this thread down before I have posted the experts statements regarding this subject, that it will be all the proof anyone needs to draw a reasonable understanding of what this site is really all about...

If you distrust ATS so much why do you maintain your membership?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join