It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT- Big quake- Santa Cruz- 8.0!! Alert Northern Australia Coast- Beware Tsunami

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by derfreebie

Imagine the New Madrid as the center of a "seam" between two halves of the
eastern North American plate, both of them matched up with the western half
as one piece at approximately the Missisippi.
The thing is, there's supposedly a lot of inclination now for the two eastern halves
to rotate like a couple of big toothless gears, upper counterclockwise-- and the
lower in the opposite direction and subsequently away from the western.
If the liquefaction of the two plates "glue" keeps up we'll get the Edgar Cayce
anchovie treatment in the breadbasket, with the Gulf of Mexico grabbing the low
ground created. If you've got a map and we're lucky in Illinois, Joliet could become
beachfront property. Then Club Fed gets a brand new swimming pool too YAYYyy

Let us pray... I still wonder what a plate shift would do to the E.Seaboard. hooo

Hi. I am having a lot of trouble visualizig this as I'm uncertain about the boundaries of the various parts you mention. Is there a map of them you can point me to? TIA

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I heard about the quakes last night on AM radio on the way home from work. It blew my mind to see that many in one area. I am a regular user of RSOE, great site, gotta check it out. Not only that, but it was STILL going on for hours after, and today, still the same.
It would seem to me that the ground would be constantly shaking. Of course, my knowledge of quakes is just basics.
However, If the New Madrid were to go, yes, ocean front property for me!!!
Gonna keep up with this.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by cynthius
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

I just checked, in the past 7 days we have had 99 earthquakes over 5.0 worldwide according to USGS:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

If you look at 4.0 magnitude, and above it's over 200!
In the last 3 days alone there have been 29 over 5.0 magnitude!

Of particular interest is the depth category, if you look at 7 miles or shallower 50% of all the 5.0 earthquakes are right between 6 and 7 miles!!!! THIS, I believe, is VERY significant!

Is this just those being recorded by USGS though?

The application I'm using that's pulling from several other seismic monitoring feeds worldwide, but not all, for the past 7 days worldwide shows 310 for 4.0 + and 136 for 5.0 +

Can you explain how the depth has significance?

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
another 6.6 and it would seem the northern mid-atlantic is getting pulled into it. there hasnt been this much northern mid-atlantic quakes in a long time as far as i know. it's a relatively quiet area.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

That was on USGS, I don't know about other sites. I just checked, the number of quakes over 4.0 magnitude in past 7 days is now 239.

I believe it is significant because of major activity consistantly occurring specifically at a depth of 6.2.

That 6.6 magnitude quake today at the Sololmon Islands was at a depth of 6.2 miles. Look closely, you will see a lot of major quakes at this depth. I pay attention to that depth and dependebly it signals a bell ringing effect of other quakes, some at a great distance, that also occur at the same depth. There is also a lot close to 6.2 ( 5.5-6.5). When the Russians dug a very deep hole the found a layer of water infused rock at that level, surprising everyone, it's also where the highest siesmic velocity zone is! The link below has info on that discovery. (I posted this link before)

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Here's an image of (roughly) the New Madrid zone (the area shaded in red would be the most impacted by a large quake).

And here's a map of the Mississippi River (lined in red).

If you haven't ever read up on Cayce's prediction, a quick Google search (or even a search of this site) will provide a lot of info.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Thanks. However what I was looking for was a distinct east-west split somewhere that prompted the comment about rotation of the area.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

off topic...love the avatar. But, it looks a tad like Michael Jackson. Still cool none the less.
On topic... I really do not want to contemplate what would happen if the New Madrid would rip. I remember a picture I was shown as a teen of a fence that was separated by like almost 2 1/2 feet from the one in the 1800's. There were sand blows also. (sand blew up out of the ground....Like 30 feet, If I can recall correctly.) If you fly over in a plane you can still see them.( the piles of sand.) in the middle of fields. Pretty trippy.

The last earthquake we had here in Indiana, I was yelling at our mastiff to quit scratching, cuz she slept next to the bed, and she would shake the bed when she scratched. I was half asleep, got up made coffee, and turned on the news, and it was an earthquake. I apologizied to the dog. I was more suprised that her and the cat didn't go haywire. My story.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

Riddle6, I was just looking at the EQ map and discovered something that could be leading up to a BIG EQ scenario. Looking at the world map of EQs I discovered that the large quakes are happening around the Solomon Islands area and then slowly decrease towards Japan. After Japan the quakes are still 4 or 5 leading up to Alaska and then get smaller as the head down the West Coast. Once through Mexico they start increasing in magnitude again. This is what I see and I can now see an Edgar Cayce scenario.

It looks like the majority of the pacific plate is moving southeast and away from the Asian plate. The Pacific plate is exerting pressure on the North American plate causing little EQs. The scenario looks like to me that there will be more larger quakes in the Indonesian area and causing the Pacific plate to move farther away from the Asian plate. With a Big Earthquake in Solomon Islands or japan that the Pacific plate could open up a gaping fault which would allow one or more of the Japanese Islands to slip into the fault. Once the Japanese Island falls into the fault the pressure on the West Coast plate would be reversed causing the West coast faults to act almost simultaneously to move and erupt, causing the West coast to sink. Once the West coast with all of it's faults move back west then the North American plate will move towards the middle of the Pacific plate, allowing the New Madrid to separate. The New Madrid separation would then relieve the pressure on the East coast to move fluidly south.

If the large quakes continue in the Solomon Islands I believe it is only a matter of a short time before we have the chain reaction that Cayce sees. I also believe that the comets that are heading our way are going to be the triggers.

I just spent time in Hawaii on the big Island and felt uneasy the whole time I was there. Three days after I left Hawaii the 8.0 Hits.

I also just received a message from the realms to prepare mentally for the events.
edit on 8-2-2013 by prophetboy12 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What about. I heard that there is an earthquake machine in Alaska. Designation HAARP. I am new to this site. Is it true? Fact, fiction, or superfiction.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dougc411

it's true.. google HAARP

There's one in Gakona, Alaska
Arecibo in Puerto Rico
Tromso, Norway
and one in Russia, forget the location

when you google HAARP, see if you can find the original patent papers.. very interesting.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
OOPs there it is,

The supervolcano forming under the Pacific that could wipe out life (but don't panic - we have 100 million years before it erupts

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Mwl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

and look were it is located

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal---->Tromso, Norway

In my backyard (well 6 kilometers away)

www.eiscat.uit.no...

Currently suffering from frequent power outages due to cold weather and sh*tty powerlines.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join