It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There was a time when a darkness befell the people of Earth, but little did the darkness know an army was rising against it. This army grew in numbers and with great might threw this darkness into oblivion. The army accomplished this without weapons, without riots and without fear.

The army of colors threw the beast back to hell with nothing other than heart. Some of the soldiers wanted to program video games and applications, they did so and gave the fruits of their labor away for free. The software industry crumbled before them, the industry could not compete with free. Some of the soldiers enjoyed acting, computer graphics and photography. Hollywood fell and shook the earth. Some of the soldiers liked big booms and digging in the dirt so they blew up chunks of the earth and collected mineral ore... The might of the darkness was at its end.

The soldiers came from all corners of the Earth. They spoke with a booming voice and their colors shone ever brighter. The time has come, the end is nigh.

Some of the soldiers worked together in teams, others worked alone. This is not what one would call an organization, they simply had fun doing what they do. The darkness could not discredit the army, they could not destroy the army's reputation or disband the army with surgical strikes, the army was everywhere and it was nowhere. There was nothing for the darkness to attack.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
If you wish to join the army...

There is no application.
There is no insignia.
There is no creed.
There is no name.

Have fun

Me... I've got another game in the works

edit on 5-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Flag and star . Very good job on a very short story . At first I didn't really agree with much of your premise, then I started thinking about those guys who built that boy a prosthetic hand using open source software and a three D printer and all of a sudden everything snapped into place .

You may have a very good point told in a fairly delightful way .

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It has never been more eloquently than by Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce indians.

Tell General Howard that I know his heart. What he told me before I have in my heart. I am tired of fighting. Our chiefs are killed. Looking Glass is dead, Tu-hul-hil-sote is dead. the old men are all dead. It is the young men who now say yes or no. He who led the young men [Joseph's brother Alikut] is dead. It is cold and we have no blankets. The little children are freezing to death. My people -- some of them have run away to the hills and have no blankets and no food. No one knows where they are -- perhaps freezing to death. I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find. Maybe I shall find them among the dead. Hear me, my chiefs, my heart is sick and sad. From where the sun now stands I will fight no more against the white man.

edit on 5-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Where was that sourced from? I always thought his speech ended with

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever.

Beautiful, sorrowful words. Perhaps it is not accurate?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Hurray for Hollywood,the movie ended with I will fight no more forever.Sounded better I guess.

www.pbs.org...[editb y]edit on 5-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Open source software is great... Linux, Blender, LibreOffice... Let's open source everything

Congratulations a Great General has been born in your empire!

new topics

top topics

active topics

join