Does Bush merit the death penalty ?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
According to newest numbers, more than 100.000 innocent iraqi civilians died as a consequence of Bush's mental illness. In the light of these facts, does Bush merit the death penalty ? Or would a lobotomy be enough ?

What is your opinion ?




posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
An ice pick lobotomy sounds good, but I have a feeling that’s been attempted already
I would settle for life imprisonment with no parole for the whole Neo-Con crowd, send them to there new prison in Iraq.



posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the election year garbage Mokuhadzushi.

A better idea would be to try to foster a conversation rather than a pundit mud fight filled with curt banner attacks and defenses.

If you say this is a serious unvicious thread, then you are a liar or a fool.


Odd

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Sauron --


So it's okay to imprison thousands, just so long as they don't agree with you?

I think I understand liberals now!







...hypocrite.



posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This thread is totally serious, no mud fight.

What penalty would a mass murderer who is responsible for the killing of more than 100.000 innocents, mostly women and children incur under, say texan law ? Could it be argued in his defence that he was mentally ill at the time he ordered the murder (i.E. he believed the neocon WMD garbage intelligence), or would such a defence strategy be futile ?

This is a moral and legal question at the same time.



posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odd
Sauron --

So it's okay to imprison thousands, just so long as they don't agree with you?

I think I understand liberals now!

...hypocrite.

That’s very good Bevis or is it Buthead? Just looking at your Avatar, I don’t follow the show so I will go with Buthead, you seemed to have learned a new word I’m impressed, not so hard after all is it Buthead?

What do you think George Bush would say to your comment above?
After you have formulated your idea of what George would say try and see if it could be applied to your newfound word.
and nowhere in my post above mentions any thing about imprisoning thousands, unless I missed it


As to seeing anyone getting the death penalty, I would wish that on no one. But I believe it is a necessity to help abate violent crimes to mankind,


Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
This thread is totally serious, no mud fight.

What penalty would a mass murderer who is responsible for the killing of more than 100.000 innocents, mostly women and children incur under, say texan law ? Could it be argued in his defence that he was mentally ill at the time he ordered the murder (i.E. he believed the neocon WMD garbage intelligence), or would such a defence strategy be futile ?

This is a moral and legal question at the same time.


Not all people have the same morals true, but I think on the world scale as the average morals of the world that this type of crime would warrant the Death Penalty, but can these crimes be proven? We can see them but the Courts do not, Justice is Blind.
And if any of these Neo-Cons do go down I seriously think they will never see jail they will give one or two weaker Neo-Cons up on a platter for the masses to consume and quietly go back to there scheming, and America feels vindicated


[edit on 30/10/2004 by Sauron]



posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Wow, I can't believe that this thread is truley serious. I was avoiding it because I thought it would be some stupid joke that'd just piss me off. You really think he should be put to death? Sure, why not just send every other president who's led America through war in prison too.



posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I thought it was a joke, too. Ask them if Saddam, or Arisitide, or Castro should be put to death - they'll say no, he killed people in his own sovereign nation.




posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The death penalty ? - No.

Life imprisonment on a nice little cold wet windy island with all of his administration plus his old buddy Tony Blair is much better.

Time to boot the seagulls off Rockall to make room methinks.




posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Unlike soon-to-be-former "president" George W Bush I am no supporter of capital punishment; consequently I would also lend support to the concept of life imprisonment.



posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Let me add Yassar Arafat, and Nelson and Winnie Mandela to the list of those who should be executed. I'd especially enjoy watching Winnie get "stompie'd" and then necklaced, along with Nelson.




posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The death penalty doesnt work its a statistical fact and my opinion. I done a post talking about it a while back heres a link to it. www.belowtopsecret.com...

Im not saying that my thread is like that one. They just touch on a similar subject.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi
According to newest numbers, more than 100.000 innocent iraqi civilians died as a consequence of Bush's mental illness. In the light of these facts, does Bush merit the death penalty ? Or would a lobotomy be enough ?

What is your opinion ?



Bush has given lobotomy a face (and america a new face (the real face?)).



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
War crimes are only applied to the side that loses, kiddies.

Its called the rule of law...or justice?

No.....might equals right or something BS like that.

International law is abided only if it agrees with US foreign policy.
As an example...the Security Resolution that was used to invade Iraq is part of a larger resolution aimed to eliminating WMD from the middle east entirely. That would include Isreal, Pakistan and India. Think Isreal is going to give up its goodies???
Since those are US allies nothing is heard or mentioned about that aspect of the security resolution.
We just like the icing.....

Are we learning yet?


There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If he were to be held accountable to the world courts, his entire administration would be hung in Hauge and we'd get to sit on watch the media black out of his trial that would take years and years. He would be charged for the same crimes Sadaam now faces in Iraq, Invasion, Torture, etc.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
If he were to be held accountable to the world courts, his entire administration would be hung in Hauge and we'd get to sit on watch the media black out of his trial that would take years and years. He would be charged for the same crimes Sadaam now faces in Iraq, Invasion, Torture, etc.



Does not that apply to most modern american administrations?
The only different thing is that this administration does it clumsy (or they just dont give a sh*t)


edit: forgot that it was a american board and words synonym to excrements and making love is forbidden



[edit on 1-11-2004 by Kollapse]



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse
Does not that apply to most modern american administrations?
The only different thing is that this administration does it clumsy (or they just dont give a #)

Normally yes but Bush pulled out of the World Courts, so he is probably the first president in a long time to be 'immune' to international law. They'd eat him alive at the Hauge.



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Is not your soldiers that to??
Did they not try to make it so?? What became of that?



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse
Is not your soldiers that to??
Did they not try to make it so?? What became of that?

You lost me Kollapse, not sure what your asking?



posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
You lost me Kollapse, not sure what your asking?


Ahh, sorry for being fuzzy,
Its not aligned with topic...but I think Bush tried to make the US-soldiers immune to international law during peace keeping missions in UN, but he got a big No No from UN.
But that might be what you meant in the first place

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Kollapse]





new topics
top topics
 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join