It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

danger, werewolves ahead!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
hello dudes and dames, today, I wish to tell you the story of men, who "were wolves"

If you sometimes visit the countryside of Finland, some of the old timers may whisper in the night about,
"ox beans"
they are then referring to horrible incidents when the yields have become infected with ergot, a tiny but deadly mushroom, that affects all sorts of food plants when right before the harvest festival there has been heavy rain...

these people who had ate the bread, in these times, suddenly degenerated to a primal rage and mania.

this happened also in my grandfathers village, when he was just a boy, and he still remembers the night, that was filled with screams and the laughing and roaring of lycans,

it was a terrible incident that lead to murders,missing persons and suicide. and it was so horrible, that no one of the villagers ever mentioned it again.
these were the times, when men could become wolves.

by the way, I love you grandpa, keep it real, man!

edit on 5-2-2013 by solve because: message

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

If "no one ever mentioned it again", how did you hear about it?

The only true werewolf was that guy on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and he didn't need any soy beans or tommyknocker beans to roam the night, ring doorbells, and run away (the favorite game of the werewolves).

I like the Finland angle.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

haha,,, i had inside connections,, and i didnt want to ask that many questions, because of my grandfathers poor health,, and the one of the suicides that i know about, was his 17-year old brother, i didnt want to upset my cool grandpa...
we have many awesome tales here,, we are though sons of.....
we even wiped the floor with the nazis, kicked the living hell of the soviets, and in ancient times, three viking kings, and their forces tried to invade our forests,, only one of them left with his head still attached to his body,,
all this with only a handful of men.
think twice before starting a fight with a fin....

edit on 5-2-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Finland has nice looking women, that's for sure, which is probably why the men kicked the nazis butts out of there. As for the story, are you saying this actually occurred, that you heard it from your grandpa? I thought you were storytelling. Of course the ergot could cause howling at the moon and all, the tiny little potent mushroom spore that it is, but I've never heard of an actual instance like this. Real?

If it is, wheel or get your grandpa to a keyboard and have him tell us all about it! Thanks for the fun story

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

this is a true story, yes, havent you really, heard about "St Anthonys fire", that thing was a real plague of the old world.
many other sad, true stories out there,,,
and yes, we love our women....

here it was called "ox bean" because of the strenght that the infected gained, along with insanity..

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

this is a true story, yes, havent you really, heard about "St Anthonys fire", that thing was a real plague of the old world.
many other sad, true stories out there,,,
and yes, we love our women.....

Nice. If it is real I'd suggest you at least record your gramps telling the story, and ask him questions like a reporter, to get his information on the record. In America the ergot thing got the women in Salem into boiling water (literally), and that's the major incident of this type I've heard of, but a town doing the howling and playing on a harvest's night sounds like an incident worth researching and having on the record. Even though this is in your own family, a good find!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

we live in small country. and the old villages were even smaller, like 20 people,,
i guess i could get the story on record if the timing is right, at some point.
the really big and bad ones happened in other larger villages in europe...

and we also have this hero, called Lalli, who decapitated one of the bishops that were forcing christianity to our people, we still have parts of that bishop in a museum. maybe he was a werewolf also

and when our ancient altars were destroyed, and replaced by churches, we used to mob-up and carry the priest to the yard, and we threw them to the other side of the church fence.
we had also high kings here, one of them was king kaukomieli that is translated to "far, and wide" unfortunately this, like many other things has been forgotten. damn you sweds!

edit on 5-2-2013 by solve because: more info

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

we live in small country. and the old villages were even smaller, like 20 people,,
i guess i could get the story on record if the timing is right, at some point.
the really big and bad ones happened in other larger villages in europe...

That's just the historian in me talking. Getting the story out here is getting it on the record. Ah, harvest nights have their thrills, and so many good ancient festivals are organized around the harvests. I suppose another reason for the partying is that people can relax for a couple of months, until the planting season rolls around. At least Europeans have the common sense to know what ergot is, that Salem witch fiasco in America still gives their mentality a black eye. But your story includes murder and mayhem, so I suppose Europeans have their demons too! I hope more people join this thread, it's a good one
edit on 5-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

join