It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rig Veda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Here, I would like to open up a discussion on the Rig Vedas, ancient Hindu Scripture. This scripture is thousands of years old, one of the most ancient Holy Texts. It came before the Upanishads, and the eventual rise and spread of buddhism and the tao. This was semi-contemporary with the writing of torah, ancient Hebrew Scripture. I am knowledgable about the historical hebrew language, fundamental concepts, letters, kabbalistic meanings. I am also very familiar with Eastern philosophy/spirituality.

I have typically been drawn to Buddhism, particularly Zen, and Taoism. This is because the ideas themselves were so intuitive. More recently, I have felt a pull towards something more resembling shamanism, tantra. I have, then, felt a pull, just today, to read the rig veda. As I do, it all makes perfect sense, as a shamanistic practice of tantric ordering of the Divine onto Material Reality. The terms they do not understand, or do not want to properly translate, they leave as 'sounds,' which people proceed to interpret as gods and all sorts of things. I will link the document, and provide a brief overview of what I have thus far read, which is brief.

An idea is that there exists a sort of innate, archaic, language. This language consists of small permutations of meaning/form/sound. Language consists of permutations of these elements. Thus my knowledge of Hebrew, and Kaballah, give me insight into sanskrit, and the untranslated words.

www.sanskritweb.net...

To briefly summarize the first two verses, or hymns: It is basically saying, the 'priest' or shaman plays the role of God, literally. The people are absolutely, 100% devoted to God. And the role of the Shaman/Priest was to bring that Divinity into this reality more and more. Thus the shaman/priest was god, and also creating god. Plants were used, as psycho-active/psychedelic compounds, to get in touch with the Gods, and create or bring god in more and more.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
as i'm reading it, it comes across as yet another religious text manufactured for enslavement and control.
i've realized the bible is that also ... simply a book written to maintain control.
i think that the translation of it may have helped bring that out, where the followers of that time may have missed that, as it was written for them.

not trying to ruin your thread, i'll read some more rig veda, and i'll follow along and maybe i will relate to some other views on this here,

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is where the idea of tantra, or lila, come into play. Playing the roles of the Divine, in this very world/reality.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When I started to learn all these knowledge, I realized those witches/sorcerers/magicians/etc (whatever we call them), who were persecuted in the past, were closer to the True God than those who killed them under the name of the false god.
edit on 4-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodol
When I started to learn all these knowledge, I realized those witches/sorcerers/magicians/etc (whatever we call them), who were persecuted in the past, were closer to the True God than those who killed them under the name of the false god.
edit on 4-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

The tantric path is difficult for most to understood. Divinity is misunderstood as slave relationships, whether one submits to the slave role or actively rejects it.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
This is where the idea of tantra, or lila, come into play. Playing the roles of the Divine, in this very world/reality.

Do we play the Divine, or does the Divine play us?

Both.

It's hide-and-seek on a scale beyond description.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by TheJourney

Do we play the Divine, or does the Divine play us?

Both.

It's hide-and-seek on a scale beyond description.

Very true

top topics

join