It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation - Weird Sounds etc.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Hi Folks,

I`d like to give you my experiences and it would be great if some of you could tell me if you had similar ones.
(I hope this is the right category for this posting.)

When I lie down, close my eyes, first of all tense all muscles (physcially) and then go thru the 61-Point relaxation exercise I get calmer and calmer. I do NOT move an inch and let myself go even deeper and deeper. At one point of time I feel totally light that I cannot necessarly say anymore where my hands are.

So far, everything is perfect. But now comes the tricky part. I hear banging (like someone was banging on an iron door), knocking, or extremely loud noises that even tear me out of my trance state.
During the trance I hear snippets of conversations (voices I cannot place).

I am positively aware that I am doing nothing wrong but I`d ike to know if you guys can somehow relate to these experiences. Please know, seeing things such as Astral Spiders and other things are not uncommon in my case but is it the same with you as well?

Would be great if you took some time for a reply.

Regards

TheWriter =)
edit on 4-2-2013 by TheWriter because: corrected text

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is it not just the sound of the blood pumping in your head? That would be my first thought. I can't explain the voices. Just ignore them
edit on 4-2-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sounds like common noises heard when entering an OBE trance state. Nothing to worry about, and a natural part of the transition of awareness.

whatyoushare.com...
www.lucidology.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I am very intersted in what people experience during the trance state. Yes, it is important to ignore the voices otherwise it`s hard to progress. Yet then I want to remember what I hear and this is so difficult. I hear the words, I understand them - but when I am done with the exercise I forgot what was said. Argh!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Each plane has a different sound. I don't remember what they all are, there's bells, the sound of the ocean, voices, bees buzzing, etc. Some sites a listing of the various sounds and colors on each plane.

Maybe higher chakras opening. My third eye chakra either itches or causes pressure/pain. It may have been the top or crown chakra getting a blast from kundallini energy coming up for the first time from the bottom of your spine. The heat on your back may have been your heart chakra opening up, too.

Mguel- shared dreams are rare, my gf and I are very close spiritually/vibration-ally and we've only had a few.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

These sounds are nothing to worry about. You are loosing yourself from this plane and are drifting into adjacent planes. You can also look at it as your consciousness is expanding to encompass parts of those adjacent planes.

I would go with it if I were you. Do not get scared and quit, like so many do.

It gets really fun when someone screams your name in your ear trying to get your attention
Just stay CALM, do not get excited (you will in the beginning no matter, but intend not to and youll stay calmer and calmer each time), and go with it and explore it in an emotionally detached manner, until you learn to control your emotions so you can feel and experience them without them rocketing you back to your body / breaking the trance.

That will come naturally with experience, so just keep practicing.

edit on 2/4/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'd say it's the start of an OBE where you're getting ready to pop out. The first few times this happened to me, I stopped the entire process because the noise was insanely overwhelming. I had no idea that my first few tries at meditation would leave a control freak like me ready to migrate to another plane without even some intent of it. I just wanted to relax. Instead, I got the #&$% scared out of me. Now, I only hear this awful clanging buzzing obnoxious sound when my morning alarm goes off and I'm not quite yet back in my body from the evening's OBE. The trip in is much more effective than coffee. But I'd prefer coffee.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Before i go in, i put on the Armor (Eph 6). To each his own, but, as a believer in my Father up there i do it for protection from any spiritual attacks. So, to say, i do the Our Father with Theta waves. Bit unusual to many Christians, but hey... I have never had such a personal relationship with my Creator.

I have had some weird stuff happening to me before. The worst was while in a deep state something actually slapped my feet. It didn't hurt, but it wanted to get me away from where i was in that moment. My one leg definitely lifted from the bed. It was nothing good and i could feel it but then i am never scared, never. I have turned to Occam's Razor and "tried" to believe the most obvious: a leg muscle jerking or something.

When one goes in deep, i believe to be prepared. Some can just fall into a theta state and others need to learn. We grow stronger with time.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Thats a strange one, sounds like you are about to experiance something but the volumes too loud for you.
Ask for it to be turned down quieter. I know that sounds simplistic, but it works for me.

Good luck

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I love reading about stuff like this. I am just barely starting to get into meditation and I have been looking for some help, some would say, in actualy calming down my mind. I feel like I try to meditate and I sit there and in my head I can't help but have convos with myself. I.E. Lunch was delicious, I worked overtime, I wonder what is this person doing right now. I can't seem to calm my mind enough to really let go and go into a trance. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Because otherwise I feel like I am just sitting/laying there with my eyes closed and it kind of deters me from continuing to "meditate".

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Criticalthinker99

Google Kelly Howell Brain-Sync. Download tracks like Positive Thinking & Living Prayer. There is guided meditation when one is a "beginner".

Don't let people tell you it doesn't work. It will change you, and only for the better.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
@Criticalthinker99

Look at an object, anything in your life, and try not to judge, not to think of the color, shape, etc. - just look at it.
When you walk outside just look at something that you walk to, 5-10 seconds is totally sufficient. You may even find 5-10 secs already quite a challenge.

You could also take notes of things you want to do, or write down the stuf that bothers you and that needs special attention. Once you have done that, you can also start your exercise and it helps you not to worry about these issues for the time being.

Or check out the 61-Point Relaxation exercise

Regards,

TheWriter

edit on 4-2-2013 by TheWriter because: correction

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Criticalthinker99

That was just how I used to be.
I couldn't for the life of me think how people could stop the mind chatter long enough to meditiate.
Try a cd thats guided with nice music, singing bowls are nice. Doesnt matter if your mind wanders to start with. The more you listen the better it will get. I hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've heard a wide variety of things while meditating. Albeit, clearly in my head. Not from some outside source. I've (involuntarily) visualized people making statements to me. Sometimes there are no visuals, only the words. At times, they aren't in English, or any other language that I'm aware of. I've heard phrases that sound similar to Latin, although not quite as complex. I do hear voices pretty regularly as well, in meditation. There are also other things I experience that I can't describe; like rapid, intense interactions of some sort. If I haven't meditated for a while and am just getting back into it, a lot of the interruptions I have are negative, and feel like rapid little attacks...almost like a test to retain control over myself. (I got into meditation to help with panic attacks I had in the past) I know the experiences are internal, however. For me, the mind chatter went away after about a week or so of regular meditation.

From other experiences I've read about, I think what you're describing is common. I've not experienced what seem like outside noises, as you have. But I know of others who have.

edit on 6-2-2013 by Geetface because: Info omitted.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Its freaky when you hear apparently otherworldy voices, i have heard 2 seperate beings talking when i was trying to sleep this one time and accidently entered a trance-like state. The voices were both talking about me and i was weirded out and a little worried because the voices would fade in and out and i couldnt hear everything that they were saying, i choose to ignore it anyway and tryed to focus on falling alseep, it was at that moment i felt a very real distinct tap on my upper arm/elbow area, it woke me completly up and i had to find my cat so i could attempt to fall alseep again.

To inj3ct0r, i know what you mean when you say that the different astral planes make different sound, each one has a unique vibration which generates it. So far i have experienced Bells, Chimes, and really intense wind (on a calm night).

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I hear noises during meditation too. One of them was so vivid that I had to stop and search the room. I would sometimes hear a buzzing noise like a wasp that was going to sting me. But the moment I cease meditation it would stop. I also get the chattering voices in deep meditation. Almost as if you were tuning in and out of different radio frequencies.

I believe meditation made me super sensitive to sound and vibration. Some call it the kundalini but I don't know what it is. All I know is that I can feel electrical feeds. metal objects and water tend to vibrate in my hands and I can hear faints sounds that I probably ignored all my life. On one occassion after meditation I was so charged that I touched my pillow and it bubbled like a pot of hot water boiling. This thing is weird! Still can't control Astral Projection but I have noticed key things about the experience. It would appear that I usually go through a portal like wormhole to get to my astral destination which is awesome. However, sometimes you don't remember coming through the portal. On one lucky occassion I got to see the portal open from the fourth dimension space which took me back to our 3 dimension. So far I have seen a partern in how I travel through the portal. It's like magnetism/gravity and you have little control or none on how you are pulled by this gentle vortex.

I think this is how the spirits travel. During my last OBE I spoke to a spirit that claimed to tbe soul of a 10 year old girl who had drowned. She told me how the accident had happened and she was able to change back and forth between her rotten sea corpse and normal body at will. She did this to put emphasis on her story. She seemed like her personality hadn't changed even though she had died many years ago. Towards the end of our conversation she got mad about being dead and became angry. At that point I told her I was leaving...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You are just about to break through when you hear these noises. Nothing to be afraid of, try to stay calm and go with it. It does sound quite over whelming doesn't it! like a truck flipping over and over about to flatten your house

You are more receptive to spirit and your guides in the state, and this is the chatter you hear. If it makes no sense just ignore it. If its anything of importance they will call you by name.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I'm fairly new to meditation, it started last July when I saw a twinkling star calling to me. The first attempt was as follows; I began by saluting the sun, as I was doing this a white butterfly flew around the area , it made me happy and less nervous. I sat cross legged, chanted,used mudras and copper pennies(all copper before 1982) that I placed on my knees. Right off the bat maybe 10 minutes in ,I felt something in my anus, rectum, prostate, whatever..that part. And it felt like a pop,I had to open my eyes and when I did everything around me was a green tint,I blinked and blinked and it would not change. I continued, after a while longer chanting ,I began hearing buzzing, then LOUDLY and very close to me I hear a bang! similar to a hammer on wood.I get up to look over my neighbors fences thinking I was annoying them with my chanting..nothing, no one. Becoming more excited as to what I may unlock I returned to my position, the sound happened again 4 bangs in a row in my left ear, then 5 gusts of wind sound in my right,(I say wind sound because there was not even the slightest breeze on this day,I didn't feel it,I heard it) this was repeated exactly 3 times. immediately after theres a woman's voice yelling "Nathan!"(not my name) Then,a young mans voice softly uttering "yeah" also played back perfectly like a recording many times. I want to know what the pounding was and the wind deal,I've been trying but I've yet to feel that same experience..someone mentioned meditating with blood??

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The consistency in all your posts is amazing! First it's banging and popping, then wind, then buzzing.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hi I have recently learnt and started meditation in the last couple of weeks. But in the last few days when I attempt to meditate (20 mins twice a day) I hear sounds. Sometimes in the wall like scratching or shuffling. And also sounds like something is moving in my wardrobe. When I hear these sounds I get such a fright I open my eyes and feel so anxious, scared and on edge. I've emailed my meditation teacher for help because I feel like I'm going crazy! As soon as I stop meditating I don't hear the sounds anymore. I thought maybe there could be rodents in the wall and asked my boyfriend to listen out for me but there's never any sound if I'm not alone and meditating which is the scariest part. I can't sleep by myself without the lights on now. I'm 21 years old and I feel like this just isn't right! I started meditation for my anxiety but this feels like its making it worse. What can I do!!?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join