It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desperate for the love of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I find whenever I'm desperate for the love of God that I find it, however subtle it might be. Come to think of it, it's mostly at those times when we're at the end of our rope and we must begin to trust with faith and belief, and even if we let go and let God we find to our dismay that beneath us was already constructed, in anticipation, a catchnet like that below the high wire in the circus, and then we do yet another facepalm and laugh some more at all our prior ignorance, which by comparison to the love of God, touched in or touched by however slightly, is rendered an utter absurdity, enough comedic material at one's own expense to last a lifetime, and oh the joy and liberation of no longer having to take one's self seriously any longer, while taking God much more seriously henceforth as a child of a loving God with God at one's side.

One, utterly agonizing and painful loss (loss of an outmoded ego-projection) and a reaching out for the hand of God, and even if you miss you land in him.

I spent most of my life running away from God.

But here's the funny part. What you resist only persists..! LOL

God finds us in eternity, but we have to have the gumption and the audacity to reach out for him, and by being desperate for his love, actually find it as the buried treasure.

"Life is a Mighty Joke. He who knows this can hardly be understood by others. He who does not know it finds himself in a state of delusion. He may ponder over this problem day and night, but will find himself incapable of knowing it. Why? People take life seriously, and God lightly; whereas we must take God seriously, and take life lightly. Then, we know that we always were the same and will ever remain the same.......the Originator of this joke. This knowledge is not acheived by reasoning.
But it is the knowledge of experience."

~ Meher Baba

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's a discontinuous break, from ignorance, into the humor of understanding by which all prior ignorance is understood, in the knowledge of the humor of true understanding, which is self knowledge. If there's no joke to be had at our own expense somewhere down the line then where would we be if we were left humorless..? Sadly, if not frighteningly, there are many humorless people in the world, many even right here at ATS.

Be desperate for the love of God and reach out for him, and have your humor restored, which is to rediscover one's true and authentic self as we truly are in absolute self acceptance, on the other side of every single aspect of what we are not, and can no longer solely identify one's self with or as being because it's who we were, not who we are now.

It's a quantum leap into happiness and everlasting satisfaction and joy, enough to overcome all sorrow and suffering and strife and the absurdity of the injustices of the world. And whoever overcomes the world with him inherits all things, since God shares everything with the son.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

SHTF If seconds were days then the world would have time to tie their shoes before the return.
edit on 3-2-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm pleased you started it. Do I sound arrogant saying this? A thread with a heart. It touched mine. Love you guys.

Now all the girls go.. oeh, isn't that sweet.

Thx all.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand (who is Jesus Christ).

~ Isaiah 41:10 (parentheses added)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

reading your threads always puts a smile on my dial,
only in our darkest moments do we contemplate how bright the light is

your light is bright, friend

xploder

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

I guess it had to be, because this is the moon at my birth.

top topics

join