It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South/North On The Brink!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

According to the source, Kim Jong-un also said, “The country will be under martial law starting from midnight January 29th and all the frontline and central units should be ready for war.”

rt.com...

YEONCHEON, South Korea, Jan. 31 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's defense minister on Thursday ordered an early development and deployment of long-range ballistic missiles that can hit all parts of North Korea.

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

SEOUL, South Korea — Kim Jong Un has told his frontline troops to prepare for war and has issued martial law for North Korea, South Korean media report.

www.globalpost.com...

WASHINGTON (KABC) -- Recent satellite photos show that North Korea could soon be ready to carry out its threat to conduct a nuclear test, a U.S. research institute said on Friday.

abclocal.go.com.../world_news&id=8968349

The first two underground Nuclear Tests were "uneventful", other than immediate UN meetings and sanctions. Maybe 3rd time will be enough for SK and US to act? They blatantly test weapons, with assistance of IRan and Russia.. And all this talk about the IRanian Programme, eh? I guess containment is better in this situation.

However, I never heard words this direct used for War on either side.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Where does Kim Jong-un think he's going with it. It's obvious they don't have the resources and they threaten many countries (Specifically the US) with nuclear threats, war, etc. To get hands out for his people.

Yet it seems no one is biting and playing into it. I don't think they will get far at all.

However I think they will make an attempt to do something. Kim Jong-un doesn't care and this may be a last failed attempt at something.

Martial law? If the wars he wants was justified he wouldn't have to put people into a position where they have no rights to say anything or do anything.

He's basically forcing them to play along for his own selfish greed. If it was justified then he wouldn't have to do so and people would fight for the cause.

Kinda like that last punch you throw before you're down for "The count"

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am hoping the war alert is merely defensive in nature, but call out the guard and stack some ammo by the slit in the wall..... I think this test is crucial to NKs and Irans developing weapons.....I believe both are trying to fit missiles with nukes.....(ie make pysically smaller warheads...)
I have a feeling the only thing stopping Iran is assembly......

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I think they will all be meeting very tragic ends some day. I just hope I am not part of the party.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The North would have nothing to gain with testing it! Don't they want to ever unite with the south again? So they are just gonna agaisnt thier best wishes and stay divided? And than what? Declare war and flatten the southern cities with artillery and quite possibly a nuke? Ya there is a real smart approach to unification. With war they must understand will come further attrition as their enemy plays all cards and no doubt has the means to deliver with many surgical options on starving out the leaders if thats the case.

Knowing how terrorists work, hiding behind civilians that is. Are these test bunkers below popluated areas? Maybe that is why there has been no destruction yet. Who wants innocent lives on their hands? Certainly not America and it's allies when it comes to China's allies.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Are we looking at the North Korean version of George W. Bush, in Kim Jong-un? Is this a man who will push a war on the world just to make his dead father proud? Or is he a man who needs to go to extremes in order to get out from under his father's shadow and make his own legacy?

I think we need to beware, when this Kim Jong pushes the party line established by his father, we don't know how serious he is about living up to that legacy or worse, outdoing it. It worked for GWB.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
If this is true, I only have one thing to say. I'm glad I'm not in the Navy anymore, the last thing I'd wanna do is be a part of a war with people stupid/crazy enough to use nukes.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I only worry that thes crazy enough to actually use a nuke on some place unlucky enough. Could be his own people , or his enemies...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
They want food.

This happens every time they want food.

If you haven't realized it by now, Every threat from North Korea is a dick waving contest incurred from a hungry stomach.

Let me just let you in on a very simple fact. If China isn't doing anything, then it's bunk. Anything out of N Korea is useless unless China shows any hint of giving a sh*t.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is a tactic of North Korea - they spend all their money on their military and "threaten" the west and its allies when they need food.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It is apparent that our technology surpasses them by a hundred years. Not only can we blow up their nukes the second they launch, but these people are making themselves look pretty weak when such a small powerless country (in much need of help and assistance) is threatening the super military of the world. I feel bad and embarrassed for them. They seem really out of touch, these days people are trying to forgive one-another for their mistakes and forget racism and culture, and simply unite together and work together. Not this guy, he has an agenda to appear like he is a hard-ass. He must be a really short guy who demands respect?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
This is a tactic of North Korea - they spend all their money on their military and "threaten" the west and its allies when they need food.

Indeed - they have been using the same MO for going on 50 years now.

When they get dangerously close to starvation they rattle the saber a little and like Pavlov's dog we start slobbering all over ourselves to give them aid...

There are more ways to win a battle than with weapons. They have been winning this particular battle for years.

Our compassion is our own undoing in many situations and this one is no different. We "feel" for the innocent people in N. Korea knowing that they are being systematically starved so they can maintain a large standing Army so we send them aid, which they will never see. The ruling class will take their cut off the top of everything, give the rest to the Army, stage a few photo ops of them "distributing" the aid and we won't hear from them again until they rattle the saber. We will slobber all over ourselves to send them aid again.

If we'd have left them to their own devices years ago the people in N. Korea would have taken the regime out if for no other reason than necessity. However, I am of the opinion we don't want the regime to go away because we need a boogeyman in the region to justify all the military hardware.

I can really think of no logical or strategic reason to make one's enemy comfortable in their opposition by sending them aid.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's weird these replies, regarding KJU as some sort of amateur in nuclear war. An amateur with a weapon is still dangerous; no civilization required to lob bombs at something. It's true, you can't have your warhead and detonate it too, so if he tests this, it may be the last test he gets to see, ever. Just wondering: how many posters here have managed to brainwash enough people to assemble a nuclear warhead for you and then hype them up enough to prepare to launch it?

The crazy talk isn't even over because that country could test this on anything. And which nations are his peer support? We sent people over to tell him to think twice, but there must be other nations bringing their people to NK to suggest which military bases to hit. Ah, there's the conspiracy.

So this country threat is possibly a red herring to other national threats and news. Because none of us armchair politicians can send anybody over to verify that NK are doing what the news says, and we know that our MSM lies to us to suit the highest bidder's agenda, how can we know for sure?

I hope KJU uses some sense and lobs the bomb at the nation suggesting he launch it. What if they put that thing into a volcano, just to see what it would do, wouldn't that be interesting?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What would he have to put the country under marshal law for? I thought that was pretty much just day to day living over there to begin with.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

The first two underground Nuclear Tests were "uneventful", other than immediate UN meetings and sanctions. Maybe 3rd time will be enough for SK and US to act? They blatantly test weapons, with assistance of IRan and Russia.. And all this talk about the IRanian Programme, eh? I guess containment is better in this situation.

However, I never heard words this direct used for War on either side.

Where have you been? Kim Jong-un uses the the specific word "war" all the time! Also, have you forgotten that China's been caught supplying the DPRK with missle vehicles (that's only the resource we know about) ignoring UN sanctions against NK? So, you have Iran, Russia, and China... you really think the US will act?
You really think SK is going to act without the US?

This is what's happening:

Originally posted by stirling
I am hoping the war alert is merely defensive in nature, but call out the guard and stack some ammo by the slit in the wall..... I think this test is crucial to NKs and Irans developing weapons.....I believe both are trying to fit missiles with nukes.....(ie make pysically smaller warheads...)
I have a feeling the only thing stopping Iran is assembly......

edit on 3/2/2013 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I have a feeling their going to blow their own selves up with these nukes. All their launch devices seem to fall back down on them or into the sea.
I had hopes Kim Jong Un would take a path towards peace and maybe even unification, But with unification he might loose his leadership and totality.
If he were smart.......................... oh well, he's not so it's moot anyway ...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
It is apparent that our technology surpasses them by a hundred years. Not only can we blow up their nukes the second they launch, but these people are making themselves look pretty weak when such a small powerless country (in much need of help and assistance) is threatening the super military of the world. I feel bad and embarrassed for them. They seem really out of touch, these days people are trying to forgive one-another for their mistakes and forget racism and culture, and simply unite together and work together. Not this guy, he has an agenda to appear like he is a hard-ass. He must be a really short guy who demands respect?

They have the right friends... Their prowess is based in the knowledge that they can proceed and the US will do nothing. That's what happens when you sell your country to the highest bidder!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

What's weird is that most of the commenters in this thread think that NK is acting solo on this.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
EVIL MIND
Ha this is great, after Iraq, we can move right on Iran, fantastic , we will keep this machine going for ever!

But um excuse me sir, according to our reports, and for as much as Israel can drum up support and promote lies, it appears the people like Iran,

harm what to do

Bam north Korea and south Korea go to war , USA to intervene due to north Korea sinking some random ship we were going to sink anyways.

Its OK though, according to bush jr, we are good allies with north Korea, so it seems south Korea is $%&*ed

i thought nk said he wanted to be closer allies with sk > like just 4-6 weeks ago? what the worry did sk tell him to F off?

edit on 3-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
We know that China would back North Korea in a war, at least most likely, but we also know that Russia has bad blood with China, and therefore North Korea by the transitive property. If war broke out with China and the US, I would be willing to bet that Russia would want to settle some old territory disputes that they have with China. That would be good for those fighting against China. I would think that China would help NK with their weapons programs much more than Russia would, and in fact I have never seen proof that Russia was offering assistance to NK with anything as serious as nuclear technology. That is not to say it has not happened, I just have not seen proof of such.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join