It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.H. says do not photshop freshly released photo of Obama skeet shooting (unofficial ATS photoshop c

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Yeah.. I am going to say too soon. Like if the Whitehouse chose to pursue just one person for actually photoshopping that picture.. it will probably be you.

You just killed this thread for so many paranoid posters.
edit on 2-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I didn't photoshop

ETA: a picture commentary on the potential for hypocritical remarks if it does show that Obama is a gun enthusiast.
edit on 2-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Reading comments of other people dissecting the photo one person noted that there is only a choke on one of the barrels. Either they were reloading only the top barrel or it was just for a one and done photo op.

Also his positioning screams amateur just based on how he is standing.

The reason smoke (a lot of smoke for a shotgun btw) is coming from the side is because the gun is ported to remove some of the recoil and lessen barrel rise.
edit on 2-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

If the shot was strictly for a photo op, the choke would be irrelevant.
More likely, considering the "amateur" angle, the skeet are most likely close range, and the first shot would not require a choke. Or, it could be an internal choke, or non-removable choke on the bottom barrel.

The cheek weld is fine. His triangle looks a bit weak, but strong enough to absorb recoil, properly. Remember folks, when shooting an over/under for skeet, it's low brass, and usually a very light small game load. Plus, the shoulders, arms, and head should move as one, so recoil isn't going to slam the shotgun into his cheek.

The amount of smoke, does seem excessive. Perhaps it's a "special" load?!

edit on 2/2/2013 by GoOfYFoOt because: sp/pct

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
of course he's an amateur. how is that some scathing criticism ?

this is embarrasing tho

to the GOP blowhard who said it didn't happen

oops

edit on 2-2-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Obama looks a little awkward there. His aim is on the horizon, instead of higher up where one would think the skeet would be.

Remember, what goes up, must come down! Picture the skeet, moving away at 12 O'clock... His aim is lower because he took too long to acquire it, as he followed it up and then back down, before taking the shot!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
wow, amazing the number of posters who in their post
show they have no knowledge of guns.

naturally his cheek is rested on the stock, that is how you shoot.
how else are you going to aim the gun if you cant see directly down
the barrel? No its not going to hit his face, his whole upper body
will move as one when the gun fires.
The main inpact of the shot is going to transfer to his shoulder if his
grip on the gun is right.

Although i have yet to understand skeet shooting, cant eat them, cant
mount them, kind of a wasted sport in my opinion. I'd rather shoot at
grouse or pheasant or dove or something that you can eat than a clay
target. But then again i prefer to use a .22 for grouse hunting, less lead
to pick out of the food. A good head shot and the bird is done for no meat
wasted.

Shotguns are nice but for hunting i really dont have much of a use for them,
but they are a blast to shoot. I used mine so little i gave it away a few years
ago. But there are times i wish i still had it, nothing like the kick from a 12g
3 1/2 mag to make ya feel alive.

P.S. if you wana have some fun, get someone shooting skeet and sneak in a
solid shot load on them. *LOL* Huge difference in the kick from birdshot to a
solid load. It will get their attention.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I really enjoyed the manner you presented this OP, thanks for being honest. The fact is that they "don't want anyone editing or photoshoping this image" because that's exactly what they expect to happen. The reason they expect it to happen is because of the intense debate going on around firearms recently, and their agenda to further control firearm laws and limit what firearms civilians can own. That being the case I agree this photo operation is a psychological ploy to associate Obama with recreational use of firearms, in order to make him relatable to the issue in a sympathetic manner - despite him being the one issueing the executive orders initializing the entire agenda against the right own firearms.

I also enjoyed this line OP,

So a couple pundits and bloggers doubt he skeet shoots and the White House rushes a photo out. Where were they when half the country doubted they nabbed Osama?

So true!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I saw this and I think the White House press people want people to bastardize this picture or they would not have made it an issue.

I am getting ready in a few minutes to edit the photo and I will upload my response to them...... in this thread .....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Umm, what's with his stance? He shoots like a sissy.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Challenge accepted...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
What is the punishment of exercising our first amendment rights by Satirizing him with text in a picture? I was thinking of adding the text,"Take this republicans". Should i march to the police station now or wait for the white van?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
What is the punishment of exercising our first amendment rights by Satirizing him with text in a picture? I was thinking of adding the text,"Take this republicans". Should i march to the police station now or wait for the white van?

We get punished by exercising our 1st Amendment rights because we satirize Obama exercising his 2nd Amendment rights.

Oh the irony!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
He goes skeet shooting with a black powder rifle? He must be a spectacular shot. Especially since his lightening reflexes has him aiming the gun perfectly parallel to the ground, .02 seconds after the "pull" where the clay pigeon would be.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
He goes skeet shooting with a black powder rifle? He must be a spectacular shot. Especially since his lightening reflexes has him aiming the gun perfectly parallel to the ground, .02 seconds after the "pull" where the clay pigeon would be.

At the proper angle, the skeet would cross that plane, twice, before hitting the ground. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he is taking the shot at the latter point....about 3.52 seconds after the "pull"...!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think the photo the Whitehouse release WAS photoshopped.

Second.
edit on 2-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join