It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.H. says do not photshop freshly released photo of Obama skeet shooting (unofficial ATS photoshop c

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Actually, skeet shooting is good practice for keeping your skills up with target aquisition.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't trust the US government. I don't listen to a thing they say, it's all lies.

I will never take advise from the US government because they are insidious and will try to enslave me by my own actions. I will never do anything they say.

"Don't photoshoop this pictchar of Oobama!"

*loads photoshop*

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

link   

edit on 2-2-2013 by neo96 because: nevermind

link   

Originally posted by neo96
I think the photo the Whitehouse release WAS photoshopped.

Second.
edit on 2-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yeah they don't like competition. Gotta love it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Who rests their face against the butt of the rifle like that?

If that's a real picture, and his face is pressed against the back of the rifle like it is shown, I would expect to see him with a fat bruise on his face.

~Namaste

No, it's almost right. Your cheek SHOULD be against the stock. I didn't know he was a lefty, though.

His mount is a bit wrong, though, the shotty is not fit to him very well. You'd think the prez could get a custom build - all my sporting clay shotgun stocks are modified to fit my arm/shoulder. In the photo, it's riding up a bit high and the stock length is a bit long for him.

He's also bringing his head down to the weapon instead of the weapon to his head - notice how he's got his neck sort of bent over? That'll throw you off too.

Finally, and you can't tell exactly because of the sunglasses but from the wrinkles around his eyes, he seems to be trying to squint/close one eye. That's another mistake. Also his stance is too tight, he needs to move that left foot away from his centerline about six inches.

edit to add: is he shooting open on the bottom barrel? The top barrel obviously has a screw-in choke. And I've never seen a round blow smoke like that- if you get a really good photo, you can sometimes see pellets (or more likely, the wad) coming out but I've never seen smoke to that degree.
edit on 2-2-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The "actual" owner of the gun, probably insisted that he remove it...No need scratching up an obviously very expensive O/U just for a photo op...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
reply to post by neo96

The "actual" owner of the gun, probably insisted that he remove it...No need scratching up an obviously very expensive O/U just for a photo op...

I deleted my comment looked again with windows magnifyer can't tell from the photo clearly see the knuckles that exclude the rest of the finger.

A mistake on my part.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wow, I guess the WH threat was serious.

All of the PS photos are gone.

I hope this was on topic?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
So a couple pundits and bloggers doubt he skeet shoots and the White House rushes a photo out. Where were they when half the country doubted they nabbed Osama? What this really says is that this whole gun issue is very important and perception is everything. The president has to be relateable on this issue. I personally think they would have served themselves better by ignoring it. I think he stands to lose more pro gun control support rather than gain any 2nd amendment supporters.

Emphasis added.

That is one of the most on-point observations and comments I've seen here in a while. Quite brilliant, really, and IMHO rather telling. I agree this shows how important this issue is to them, and how much they want to make it appear as if Obama is on "our side" and not in favor of stripping us of our rights.

Fortunately there are people like you and I who see through the BS. Let's hope the number grows....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The bottom line is this. The picture in question is being used and was distributed by the federal government and that puts the picture into public domain.

It is perfectly legal to use the picture for satire and to even alter it. Any claim otherwise is just simply false. Just because the WH says not to do it doesn't mean you can't.

This threat holds about as much water as Lt. Vance and his idiotic threats did regarding social media and Sandy Hook. Intimidation of the lowest order....
edit on 2-2-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Nah, I am sure if they were removed, it was done for a good reason.

Oh well, was fun while it lasted.

No sour grapes here.

It happens.... Especially when the WH clearly said do not do this, and well, we did. Pushing boundaries always comes with risks.

It's all good.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thread closed for staff review

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join