It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are some of the methods paid COINTELPRO shills try to turn you against the truth movement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
What are some of the methods paid COINTELPRO shills try to turn you against truth movement?

Let's say you got a researcher that is telling the truth and exposing the globalist agenda. What ways do the TPsychopathsTB use to steer you away from the truth movement?
edit on 1-2-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here you go... thank Advisor, not me. You can read his thread here. Or you can go straight to his source here.

Here's the Table Of Contents.

1. COINTELPRO Techniques for dilution, misdirection and control of a internet forum
2. Twenty-Five Rules of Disinformation
3. Eight Traits of the Disinformationalist
4. How to Spot a Spy (Cointelpro Agent)
5. Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

An interesting read, to be sure. There are several threads on ATS covering this topic. I remember one by Pimander some time back that was interesting. BTW. I'm a paid shill. J/K. Or am I?

edit on 2/1/2013 by Klassified because: On second thought...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i believe that many individuals who are trying to get a message out containing the truth are forced to 'conceal' it,
they need to mix in a good amount of 'dis-information' in order to get it by the government censors.
censorship can come in a number of ways to these authors from attacks on their websites to threats against themselves or families tilll they make the info disappear.
in order to keep their info alive they will mix in some far out stories, such as clones or aliens, so that 'shills'; wether they are paid or not, have something that can easily be used to discredit the source.

this is probably done after the government contacts them.

there's a great story about haarp that somebody did, in addition to the haarp info, it tell how the guy got high with this cool chick and stuff ... it doesn't really need to be there, but a debunker reading it would be all "hey! that dude smokes p@@ he's not a good source"

i was reading something today about l. ron hubbard that said the only way that the government would allow him to build his underground base in new mexico was if he interjected aliens into his teachings

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Check out my signature...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If only such a job really existed. Pay me to subject people to common sense and logic? I wish.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
what cointel ?
what truth movement?

might it suprise you that no one give's a # what you say on the internet.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm just glad that the "shills" usually stay clear of my threads. They occasionally infiltrate but don't usually stick around for long...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
What are some of the methods paid COINTELPRO shills try to turn you against truth movement?

Let's say you got a researcher that is telling the truth and exposing the globalist agenda. What ways do the TPsychopathsTB use to steer you away from the truth movement?

Easy. You become the movement. The best way to contain and/or control those who oppose you're agenda is to become that very opposition from the begining. Why wait around for a real enemy to gather up in force against you?? If you become that enemy yourself then you can plan each attack against youself as well as each win or loss of every battle throughout the entire war.

How else could they always end up with the power back in their hands??? You must know your enemy like you know yourself. So what better way is there than for it to actually be yourself??

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm guessing one of the best methods would be to push a bunch of ridiculous conspiracy theories that are so over-the-top and ludicrous that any valid conspiracies are diluted by the wave of BS ones.

As an example: 911 theories run the gamut from "no planes" to "holographic planes" to mini-nukes, etc. These types of unfounded claims make most people run in the opposite direction from considering ANY conspiracy theories about 911, especially a more-valid concern that 'terrorists' may have been aided by factions within our own intelligence/military community. So a classic COINTELL op would be to pump out as many flagrantly ridiculous theories as possible and make the whole truther movement a laughing stock.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

No. The best way to keep young people from "buying into" conspiracy theory, and keep the "communism is all good - the global warming hoax and that the world can live on wind power - and it's really important to spend $100,00.00 for a worthless 4 year college degree" is too have shills masquerading as young, hip, "educated" democrat/communist and keep up the MSM lies.

The over 50 crowd is lost to them, you're either awakened, or a hillary democrat.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
As I've said many times in the past the government doesn't need COINTELPRO agents to supplant the conspiracy circles. Conspiracy theorists are their own worst enemies. For example take ufology. The reason it isn't taken seriously isn't because of skeptics like Shermer. It's because of people like Icke, Imbroglio, etc. So if disinfo agents actually exist it isn't the skeptics you should be looking at; it's the true believers. They are the ones that inevitably do the most damage to public acceptance of conspiracy theories.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
what cointel ?
what truth movement?

might it suprise you that no one give's a # what you say on the internet.

If I were to believe that's the truth, that would be their loss. But people do give a #. A rather large one at that. And this is how some people can get A LOT accomplished online; because others think it's all a crock. I say let them believe what they will while people like me run circles around them because they're standing still.

You can't shelter yourself from the truth forever. People like me will make sure of that because people like me know how to implement positive change by using the internet to compliment real life actions. We have a certain type of insight that growing up without the internet can only provide, when taken against the backdrop of a generation that DID grow up with it. We've grown with the technology. I would strongly suggest you do the same because you come across as the type of person with a lot of untapped potential. You have no idea how much better you can be. All you have to do is go where the knowledge is and soak it up.

And that's not a shovel full of # either.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Cointelpro is alive and well today...it never really went away (just turned more covert). Recent news articles (to include a PBS Hawaii article) is exposing this. Their "goon squads" now use 3rd party proxies to do their dirty work of slander and grey/black ops. Aaron Swartz was targeted by a vicious smear and discrediting campaign using Cointelpro tactics. Dave Zirin (sports writer) was a recent target and is now suing the FBI with the help of the ACLU. Jane Clift from the UK is a similar example of "blacklisting" which is one of their methods and has been taken up as a strategy by similar "goon squads" in Britain.

One "old school" book that truly gives examples of some of the Cointelpro tactics is the ancient book known as Sun Tzu's Art of War (except for the 'ethical' part...as Cointelpro's only "ethic' is the isolation and slow kill of their target) . Examples include:

1) Confusion= Up is down...down is up. Confuse the enemy/target.

2) Use false flags so the target does not know who the perps are and therefore will not know who to trust.

3) Isolation (old divide and conquer thing)...this is why they use smear and discrediting campaigns so that the target will lose friends and relationships and be left isolated. An isolated target is easier for them to destroy.

4) Infiltrating= Becoming your friend to spy and snitch on you and to determine what your weak points are.

5) Deception= This is a huge part of it...Michael German, legal counsel for the ACLU, mentions that the FBI (Cointelpro in former days) can "legally" lie to informants as to why they are snitching and monitoring someone...complete with false files on a target. In other words, the "goons" will lie to the target and the informants.

6) Rob the target of their 'spirit' ...in other words, utterly harass the target and take away their feelings of hope. This is why so many of the Cointelpro targets commit suicide (like Jean Seberg and Aaron Swartz).

7) Break the target without fighting= By propaganda, smearing, discrediting, invasive surveillance and isolation...it's a method to destroy without ever physically touching the target.

8)Vast Surveillance= "know your enemy"....they will watch for patterns of behavior, learn whom your friends are...who you facebook with...what you google search....what you eat and what you buy...they will learn everything they can about you (usually so that they can frame you for things you did not do, or try to blackmail or discredit you)....

Best Defense= Don't reveal your fears or weaknesses. Recognize your cellphone and computer activity are not private. Keep smiling. The way to win against the goon squad is to last longer/ persevere. Wars are not won by superior fire power...wars are won by whoever has the strongest will to last the longest :-) Never give up hope.

Aloha,
3inhawaii

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
No one can really know the "truth". What you probably feel is the "truth" I would find laughable.
The people who are automatically suspicious of everything that happens, looking for hidden codes everywhere, who believe everything they hear as long as it doesn't come from particular news sources and the people who refuse to actively research, do not apply critical thinking, and remain behind their computer screens looking for the next great "conspiracy" all the while proclaiming they know the "truth".......well, you guys pretty much discredit yourselves all the time.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I very much agree with you regarding the importance of critical thinking (well said :-). I also believe it's important to research and keep an open mind...otherwise the feeling that a person has 100% full knowledge of "truth" can lead to the absence of being open to learning new things (and hence takes away the opportunity to come closer to whatever is "true").

With that said, I do believe the truth is "out there". My reasoning for this is based on the logic that a person can not logically say, "the truth is, there is no truth". Such a statement would cancel itself out to existential nothingness.

Aloha,
3inhawaii

top topics

join