reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
Cointelpro is alive and well today...it never really went away (just turned more covert). Recent news articles (to include a PBS Hawaii article) is
exposing this. Their "goon squads" now use 3rd party proxies to do their dirty work of slander and grey/black ops. Aaron Swartz was targeted by a
vicious smear and discrediting campaign using Cointelpro tactics. Dave Zirin (sports writer) was a recent target and is now suing the FBI with the
help of the ACLU. Jane Clift from the UK is a similar example of "blacklisting" which is one of their methods and has been taken up as a strategy by
similar "goon squads" in Britain.
One "old school" book that truly gives examples of some of the Cointelpro tactics is the ancient book known as Sun Tzu's Art of War (except for the
'ethical' part...as Cointelpro's only "ethic' is the isolation and slow kill of their target) . Examples include:
1) Confusion= Up is down...down is up. Confuse the enemy/target.
2) Use false flags so the target does not know who the perps are and therefore will not know who to trust.
3) Isolation (old divide and conquer thing)...this is why they use smear and discrediting campaigns so that the target will lose friends and
relationships and be left isolated. An isolated target is easier for them to destroy.
4) Infiltrating= Becoming your friend to spy and snitch on you and to determine what your weak points are.
5) Deception= This is a huge part of it...Michael German, legal counsel for the ACLU, mentions that the FBI (Cointelpro in former days) can
"legally" lie to informants as to why they are snitching and monitoring someone...complete with false files on a target. In other words, the
"goons" will lie to the target and the informants.
6) Rob the target of their 'spirit' ...in other words, utterly harass the target and take away their feelings of hope. This is why so many of the
Cointelpro targets commit suicide (like Jean Seberg and Aaron Swartz).
7) Break the target without fighting= By propaganda, smearing, discrediting, invasive surveillance and isolation...it's a method to destroy without
ever physically touching the target.
8)Vast Surveillance= "know your enemy"....they will watch for patterns of behavior, learn whom your friends are...who you facebook with...what you
google search....what you eat and what you buy...they will learn everything they can about you (usually so that they can frame you for things you did
not do, or try to blackmail or discredit you)....
Best Defense= Don't reveal your fears or weaknesses. Recognize your cellphone and computer activity are not private. Keep smiling. The way to win
against the goon squad is to last longer/ persevere. Wars are not won by superior fire power...wars are won by whoever has the strongest will to last
the longest :-) Never give up hope.