It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohamed Osman Mohamud Convicted..why are we not talking about this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Entrapment is really disgusting method despite the intentions. The more times it is done, the more likely it will be used for lesser type of crimes. Pre-crime and pre-war that's the new fashion, gotta love it, welcome to 1984!
edit on 2-2-2013 by Konoyaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Mohamed is innocent. The FBI has christian zionist who want to kill all muslims .
So they are going to do this.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

in this case, mohamud made no attempt to seek out a bomb, until prompted to by the FBI. A far more similar scenario would be an undercover agent posing as a hitman, finding the wife, then encouraging a wife to hire him to kill her husband...then arresting her for it.
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I see your point, but how can you encourage someone to do something when deep down they don't have an ambition nor desire to do something. I could never kill anyone or even an animal. If someone out of nowhere encouraged me to do such a thing, I would simply shut the door in their face and probably call the police.

Everyone's been raised knowing the difference between right and wrong. You can't be encouraged to do anything unless you had a desire to do it in the first place. I hate roller coasters, the only way I would get on one is if someone held a gun to someone in my family and threatened to kill them if I didn't go on it. I doubt this guy had a gun held to his head to force him to carry out a bombing.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I can tell by the majority of the replies on the first page alone, that the Governments are succeeding in using fear to gain control over citizenry.
There was a time when I thought that most people were smarter than this, I shouldve known better.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Right, but you don't know that do you. Like you said about the rollercoaster, the same principle applies despite what you say, never take both sides on one issue that's just dishonest. View the issue from all possible angles and decide on one!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If they trick a few crazies who would if given the chance do mass killings into commiting crimes so they can put them away, I am all for it. If they are tricking people into buying fake drugs and such I am not for it. In the case of crazy mass killers, does in my mind cross the threshold for me to have my freedom and privacy rights infringed upon a bit to secure the public. Theft, drugs, prostitution and other normal crime does not pass that threshold however. Yes I understand the slippery slope but we have to be vigilent and hold the government to only infringing on freedom when it will prevent mass killing.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
but we have to be vigilent and hold the government to only infringing on freedom when it will prevent mass killing.

Yeah, because that has worked so well...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Well if the guy was trying to plot a bombing to start with then I think there is nothing wrong with this. Seeing whether he would follow through with a fake bomb is certainly better than letting him get hold of a real bomb and killing innocent people. When they start doing this to ordinary people, then we have a big problem. If anything, they got a better understanding of what that person was capable of doing.

There is no evidence whatsoever that I have seen that suggests he was planning a bombing prior to FBI involvement.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

in this case, mohamud made no attempt to seek out a bomb, until prompted to by the FBI. A far more similar scenario would be an undercover agent posing as a hitman, finding the wife, then encouraging a wife to hire him to kill her husband...then arresting her for it.

I see your point, but how can you encourage someone to do something when deep down they don't have an ambition nor desire to do something. I could never kill anyone or even an animal. If someone out of nowhere encouraged me to do such a thing, I would simply shut the door in their face and probably call the police.

Everyone's been raised knowing the difference between right and wrong. You can't be encouraged to do anything unless you had a desire to do it in the first place. I hate roller coasters, the only way I would get on one is if someone held a gun to someone in my family and threatened to kill them if I didn't go on it. I doubt this guy had a gun held to his head to force him to carry out a bombing.

Its a very tough situation. As I said in my OP, I think its probably a good think that he is off the streets. He was certainly not a 'good' person.

Its not the ends that bother me ini this case, it's the means. Just because someone is not a 'good' person does not, in my mind, give the government the right to entrap them. Creating crime is now big business. Its a very slippery slope.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I can tell by the majority of the replies on the first page alone, that the Governments are succeeding in using fear to gain control over citizenry.
There was a time when I thought that most people were smarter than this, I shouldve known better.

You and me both, my friend. And the ones applauding this the most loudly, are the same that make threads or posts about loss of freedom all the time.

Its astounding, really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join